Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #946
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
I met Ghazi at the San Mateo show and it was a pleasure. Nice guy, and, as you would expect, great customer service. They had a lot to see and try on. I was particularly impressed by the look and feel of the new leather jackets. Very stout and heavy duty though not quite stiff. Fit and finish seemed very good. I didn't study the jackets but I didn't notice any obvious deficiencies. To the contrary, the jackets and suits I saw had a higher fit and finish from the ones I bought six months ago (or whenever it was) The sizing chart is still a little out of whack, but if you go with the measurements and not by the number of X's in front of the L, you should be alright. BMW does the same thing. I wear a 62 in their gear. A number that has little meaning to me. Ghazi's stuff I wear a 4XL. It is what it is. If you are above 6'5" they may have a hard time fitting you, then again if you are 6'5" you are used to that (based on what I heard today) and at least they offer custome sizing.
At any rate, quality seems to be going up. Products seem to be increasing in number and improving in design. All good signs. The place was swamped and they were scampering about serving people when I was there, so it looks like they may be around for a while.
Continued good luck Ghaz.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]

idea man screwed with this post 11-23-2009 at 10:45 PM
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #947
keeb
Live fast. Die young.

Oddometer: 60
Has anybody tried any of these wash in waterproofing products like nikwax or revivex on their suit? I know this isn't something that's going to really make the waterproofness that much better, but it might help keep the cordura from absorbing so much water.

I'm thinking about doing this and just looking for others' experience with it.
keeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #948
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,881
I have not used the Nikwax wash-in treatment on this suit, but have done so with my Olympia Phantom and other nylon/polyester armored jackets. I wash them once a year. It works very well to restore the surface water-repellent properties.

PS: I forgot to mention: I was just at REI yesterday and picked up the dual-pack of Nikwax wash and wash-in treatment for $ 20. I was running low.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past

MillCreek screwed with this post 11-24-2009 at 07:28 AM
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #949
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
Found out today that my commute just significantly, from walking about 1/2 mile to riding 20 miles into Baltimore. Its cold outside and I'd like to be dressed for work, not riding. A dilemma...

I'm thinking about ordering a leftover V1 vented suit or a Lombard in grey. What are the functional differences between the two? Not gonna lie, I'd love to wait for an Alcatraz in 'waterproof' and TFL leather, but its cold now dammit and I'm broke!

Sizing... I prefer a slimmer cut as its going over jeans and a t-shirt most often, at most adding a fleece or a thin hoodie. I'm 5'10", ~200 pounds, 31" inseam, best as I can measure 28" or 29" torso. Going from the size chart, and from an earlier comment that these fit like Rev'It jackets (my XL Air fits perfect...), I'm thinking an XL?

BTW, I've read most of this thread and its very refreshing to hear a vendor say what they mean instead of what will sell ( "water resistant" vs "waterproof" for the most obvious example).

skierd screwed with this post 11-28-2009 at 12:56 AM
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #950
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bswayed
bummer...was hoping to meet you and personally thank you! oh well........next to the BMW MOA table, eh? good luck with that!
hello hello,
i have been very tired over the last fews and hence the delay in replies..
i would have loved to meet all my seattle (and other areas) customers in person too. but we logistically the shows are very tough for a company our size.. we are going to reevaluate the situation after long beach..

ideaman -
it was great to meet you too ideaman and all other adv-ites and barf-ers who showed up... sorry bout the rush at the time because i really wanted to talk to you guys in more detail...

milcreel/kreeb -
nikwax should help but i have not experiement with it yet..

skierd-
XL V1 may work for you but i still recommend going for the new Lombard suits just due to the upgraded hardware. if you want you can order a Alcatraz and i will send you a V1 for the duration of the waiting period?
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #951
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

webbikeworld quote

here is what webbikeworld wrote in their latest review of a $469 jacket. Compare this jacket to our Ventura jacket which has more features at $199. Oh and all our layers are already included in that price..

But Is It..."Waterproof"?
Motorcycle clothing manufacturers are doing themselves a disservice by using the term "waterproof", which carries a specific meaning; i.e., impervious to water.
"Water-resistant" is a better term, and how about some proof that the product was tested to meet standardized pressure testing schemes?
Why not use the term "water resistant" instead? A motorcycle jacket has openings through the shell, including zippers, pockets, vents, etc., so it most likely never be 100% waterproof 100% of the time, and claiming so is misleading, as webBikeWorld readers have discovered.
Call a garment "waterproof" and owners expect it to be just that -- impervious to water. Unreasonable? Yes, maybe so...
From now on, it's "water-resistant" to us and we suggest that motorcycle manufacturers do the same.
By the way, any clothing can be made "waterproof" with the addition of an inexpensive one-piece vinyl rainsuit. Carry it in the tank bag and pop it on when it starts to rain.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #952
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
Thanks for the offer with the V1, but decided on and ordered a light grey XL Lombard earlier tonight as an early Christmas present. As much as I'd like the Alcatraz, textile makes way way more sense for the riding I'll be doing. Hopefully it fits well as I'll be putting it to work pretty much as soon as it gets here...
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #953
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierd
Thanks for the offer with the V1, but decided on and ordered a light grey XL Lombard earlier tonight as an early Christmas present. As much as I'd like the Alcatraz, textile makes way way more sense for the riding I'll be doing. Hopefully it fits well as I'll be putting it to work pretty much as soon as it gets here...
it should be on its way today...
Old 11-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #954
SpaceManSpiff
Man of Mystery

Oddometer: 1,075
Are you going to be at the Long Beach IMS show? I would like to try on a Tioga....
SpaceManSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #955
keg0900
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
i have not had time to read this whole thread so i have a question.

is it possible to get a size for the suits that lets say you could call it the IT GUYS size :)

i would love to order one of the suits because i really need one but heck im only 5'9" with a 48 inch chest and thats from just being a strong guy but do i really have to have a 3XL? if the inseam was closer to 30inches i could understand.

anyway let me know your thoughts because im in the market and want to purchase now.

www.thunderroadsalabama.com
keg0900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #956
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

spaceman- yes we will be at long beach.. our booth location is not confirmed yet but find us at the show. i will update the show location on the forums when it is confirmed.. we only have a few tiogas left so hurry in...

keg- we can send you a 3XL and see if it works. if it does not, send it back and we will make a custom one for you with a shortened inseam or whatever changes you would like..
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #957
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

this one is for the ladies

here is the womens size chart.. everything on our site is orderable in a womens size.. custom fitting also available..

http://www.teizms.com/images/sizecha...size_chart.pdf
Old 11-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #958
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

incredible deal..

we need to make a lot of space in our warehouse for new stuff coming in and need to clear the shelves with the old stuff. so here you go.. version 1.0 suits at an unbelievable price.. $149 .. discounted worldwide shipping... act quick cuz only a handful of sizes left...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #959
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,748
Boy o Boy Ghazi you have some comp this Xmas...TourMaster 1 piece WATERPROOF suit...$499.99..It's getting interesting now !!!!.
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #960
Autobahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Couldn't resist any longer at that price. Just ordered the V1 Vented Tall 2XL, and I'm hoping the inseam is l-o-n-g enough.
Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote