Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #91
2slow
Road toad

Oddometer: 456
One-piece for taller riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower
I posted this in an email to the company.

"I have been following the thread on ADVrider.com I have a quick size question. As a tall person I have a problem finding items that fit. what would you suggest 6'4" tall 35 inch inseam standing 36" waist 35 inch sleeve 29 inch neck to crotch 44" chest in a sport coat 220 pounds. Any ideas or plans.?"

Dose anyone else have problems finding clothing to fit taller athletic guys like myself?
At 6' 3", 200 pounds I have not found any one piece suit that comes close to fitting. I haven't seen the Rev'It Infiniti which lists tall sizes.

Most suits are huge in the waist, which is a nuisance but can be accommodated. What makes them unusable is that all are too short in the torso for me. I can put them on but can't sit on the bike. After years of looking I'm resigned to buying separate jackets and pants. At least some manufacturers have tall sizes.
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #92
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,280
wWdgie or squashed balls, you choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow
At 6' 3", 200 pounds I have not found any one piece suit that comes close to fitting. I haven't seen the Rev'It Infiniti which lists tall sizes.

Most suits are huge in the waist, which is a nuisance but can be accommodated. What makes them unusable is that all are too short in the torso for me. I can put them on but can't sit on the bike. After years of looking I'm resigned to buying separate jackets and pants. At least some manufacturers have tall sizes.
I have the same problem, 6'3, 37" inseam, 35 sleeve, 46 chest, 180 lbs.
I generally wear XXL even though my waist is 35.
In terms of 1-piece suit, it has always been the cornelian choice of wedgie or squashed balls, sometime the two offered at the same time.
Hope that Teizm will offer something against those equally unpleasant predicaments.

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #93
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,721
folks,
i have been receiving alot of requests for taller suits. till now, its bin something like this on average:

height 6'3
chest 44
waist 34-36
inseam 34

please keep posting your size information, so if we need to add sizes then we do so based on a large pool of data. hopefully, if there is enough demand, we can add more sizes. we recently added a 4xl.

if you are tall and skinny, make some comments on this post:
http://ghazifarooq.com/forums/index.php?topic=6.0
this will help us keep your information in mind when we think about revising sizes.

thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #94
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Folks...
the color swatches have been uploaded
http://teizms.com/product-features
thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 08:55 PM   #95
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,514
Is there any chance that you will be accepting PAYPAL in the near future.If you do it will help convince the people like myself that have been BURNED over the internet before to take a chance and buy your suit.ALSO is there a full on WATERPROOF suit on the way.I live in seattle and ride EVERYDAY rain,and SNOW .
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #96
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
Is there any chance that you will be accepting PAYPAL in the near future.If you do it will help convince the people like myself that have been BURNED over the internet before to take a chance and buy your suit.ALSO is there a full on WATERPROOF suit on the way.I live in seattle and ride EVERYDAY rain,and SNOW .
Excuse the thread drift, but FYI, my Olympia Phantom suit keeps me warm and dry in our Seattle weather. If you ever see a rider in a neon-green Phantom on an Aprilia Scarabeo 500 or a Suzuki DR650SE, wave, because it will be me! I also point out that in our dark and dreary weather, the neon green really stands out.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #97
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
From an old e-mail I exchanged with him, the suit has a waterproof liner, but the main zipper isn't a waterproof zipper. From the pictures of the zipper arrangement, it looks like a stitch, and probably has the same potential for wet crotch, but otherwise keeps the rain out.

From my understanding of "waterproofing" garments, any zippered vent that is stitched into the fabric and allows air flow past the waterproof membrane has a chance to leak through the stitching. It is impossible to seal those stitches with traditional seam tape, so you aren't going to find a more expensive process like seam welding on a low cost jacket. You can seal those stitches with a liquid seam sealant, but no company is going to do it themselves because it is very time intensive.

Olympia AST's will leak at the vent-pockets for this reason, as well as the rear vents and the arm vents. I would imagine the phantom suffers the same fault.

At least the guy behind Teiz motorsports is honest about what his product can't do.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #98
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

folks, we are getting alottttt of emails and i try to post the ones with general questions that might address your concerns as well.

here is another long query that i want to share with you.

Hello, answers to your questions are below:

On the VENTED 1 piece suit are the VENTED areas waterproof??.
In short, Yes. The vents have waterproof zippers. See if this helps
http://ghazifarooq.com/forums/index.php?topic=11.0

Is the suit designed for wearing OVER clothes??.
Yes this is intended to be an over-suit. But people have their own preferences on usage.

Are all the colors available in the 4XL size??.
Colors available for 4XL – Black, Red, Blue, Dark Gray, Light Gray

Is the thermo liner removable??.
Yes, via a zipper

And last but not least..WHY SO CHEAP??.The talk in the LDR community is that the price reflects the quality!!.As you know the Aerostich is a GREAT suit but VERY $$$.I have been saving for a roadcrafter,BUT I just heard about your suit and the price is VERY,VERY good,If the quality is at the same level as the roadcrafter I'm ready to buy.
There are other products out there that are also priced lower than the Stich. Can we automatically assume that they are inferior products simply based on the price? There are several reasons why there is a price difference but the two main reasons are (a) operational costs and (b) brand.
Anyway, we are offering a phenomenal product for an amazing price. If our quality isn’t up to par, we won’t last very long because the customers in this segment are fanatical about their gear. So it is in our best interest to make sure the quality is extremely high and provides a lot of value.

I ride EVERYDAY of the year in Seattle.Today was snow and 32 degrees.ANY suit I buy HAS to be 100% waterproof ,WARM and VERY,VERY durable.
No suit will be 100% waterproof, despite that statement on the marketing material. The new Revit, costing $1300, perhaps might be due to the scuba zipper and so on, but I personally have not tested it. The Stich, as you can easily find by doing research on the internet, is definitely not 100% waterproof . We have tried very hard to make our suit waterproof yet affordable. There is a built in waterproof liner. The vents have waterproof zippers. Several pockets are waterproof. There are Velcro covers on most zippers. You can achieve further waterproofing by spending very little money (around $10) and buy a waterproofing spray or seam tapes. This is the method used by Stich users as well. In summary, this suit is comparable to the Stich in terms of waterproofing.
Here is our waterproof policy:
http://teizms.com/customer-service#answer2
I want you to buy the product knowing exactly what it is capable of instead of tricking you. If you look around, most motorcycle apparel advertised as 100% waterproof employs liners similar to our Drench Quench liner.

Here is a brief comparison to the Stich:
http://teizms.com/pdf/pricecomparo.pdf

I would really appreciate it if you could point me to the forums where you folks are discussing this suit. I would love to answer any other questions you or your fellow riders may have. Feel free to forward my response to any one else interested.

Thanks
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #99
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
I do accept Paypal on the teizms.com website. Is it not working for you? if you want, i can directly accept payment through paypal as well. Just email me the details of what you are interested in and we can discuss in detail how to ensure that you are completey satisfied with the transaction and ordering process.

What exactly do you mean by burned ?was your product never sent or was different from what you expected. ?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 AM   #100
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,773
My Olympia gear does not leak at the vents, as long as I have the vents closed and the velcro cover secured over the zippers. I imagine that if I did ride in the rain with the vents open, I would get water intrusion through the vents. A friend of mine has a Roadcrafter suit, and after using it and my Phantom, feels that the Phantom is considerably more water-resistant than his Roadcrafter.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #101
staves
Weaponized

Oddometer: 214
Neck to crotch

It's good to hear other riders with the torso problem. At least I'm not the only one with a gibbon body! I love my 'Stich but even a Tall still feels like I'm going to split in half when I stand up straight. Most importantly, it feels slightly better when riding, but I still have to hunch over walking into work.

I'm definitely willing to try a mesh suit from Teiz if the torso is longer than my 44 Tall Roadcrafter. I'll bust out the measuring tape when I get home from work and measure neck to crotch and look at the sizing chart.

I'm also interested in knowing when the suits will be available for viewing as I'm close by, in Chicago.

2007 BMW R1200R
staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #102
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
folks, we are getting alottttt of emails and i try to post the ones with general questions that might address your concerns as well.

here is another long query that i want to share with you.

Hello, answers to your questions are below: ...

Thanks for being straight with everyone. Managing expectations is a lot more important than some realise.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #103
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Forums

Folks,
I just moved the forums location. The new location is
www.teizms.com/forums
Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #104
RockemRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
A question for you..

teizms,

Is the suit "in stock" or is it "backordered"? The answer may influence my buying decision. Thanks.

Cross Continent Air: Mesh 1-Piece Riding Suit - Version 1.0 - Now accepting backorders

Availability: In stock.
$249.00

** Now accepting backorders. All orders received by March 31st will ship by May 31st, just in time for the peak riding season. **
RockemRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #105
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemRdr
teizms,

Is the suit "in stock" or is it "backordered"? The answer may influence my buying decision. Thanks.

Cross Continent Air: Mesh 1-Piece Riding Suit - Version 1.0 - Now accepting backorders

Availability: In stock.
$249.00

** Now accepting backorders. All orders received by March 31st will ship by May 31st, just in time for the peak riding season. **

Hi,the suit is back ordered. if you add a suit to the cart it will show you that it is backordered. The new batch of suits start shipping on May 31st if you order before March 31st.
Thanks .