User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #1471
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
heated jacket liner

Ta, Ironmanracing. I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like the jacket is a quality garment. I especially like the fact the controller is digital. If I understand that right, the current draw will be proportional to the setting. My grips have such a controller and you can see the system cycle on/off by looking at the voltmeter. High settings= long periods of "on" as opposed to a variable resister set up, which I think does not result in any less current draw, no matter the setting. A digital controller must surely be a good thing on an ol' Airhead.
Tripletreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #1472
ranmafan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
accurate height?

Hi all, longtime lurker here. Big thanks to all that posted their measurements and comments (second time I'm buying gear based 90% on advrider threads, it really helps).

Thinking of buying a Lombard suit to replace all my other textile gear, but still stuck on sizing, as usual...

Height: Just over 6'
Weight: about 170lb
Chest: about 39-40" (all my jackets are loose 40-42 and a mix of M and L)
Waist: 32-33"
Inseam: 32" to the ankle bone (almost all my pants/jeans are 32" actual)
Torso: 30-31.5" (depending on whether I measure just straight down or also under, but definitely less than 32")

All taken over a shirt/jeans, not too tight. For reference, my Tourmaster overpants were M-Tall, 33.5" inseam, and they were just a bit too long (in addition to being baggy - 32-34" waist...)

L seems to be the best choice for all but the height. It sounds like XL would have a TON of slack in the waist, and too long overall. Not planning to wear much underneath, so I'd prefer a tighter-fitting suit.

Any advice? Should I ignore the height and just go with the L?
ranmafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #1473
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Will the Mojave and/or Sonoran (textile mesh stuff) be in stock in the near future, or are they more or less permanently made to order?
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #1474
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,721
Important!

If you have requested some parts as part of warranty and not received them, please email me at support@teizms.com and i will send the required parts again. It seems like USPS is not very reliable
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #1475
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Shipment has been delayed due to the Iceland volcano eruption. We apologise for the delay and inconvenience.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #1476
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Shipment has been delayed due to the Iceland volcano eruption. We apologise for the delay and inconvenience.

Of all the reasons for a delay in shipping, that's probably the most awesome.

Your order has been delayed due to frickin' VOLCANOES.

Any estimates?
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #1477
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmafan
Hi all, longtime lurker here. Big thanks to all that posted their measurements and comments (second time I'm buying gear based 90% on advrider threads, it really helps).

Thinking of buying a Lombard suit to replace all my other textile gear, but still stuck on sizing, as usual...

Height: Just over 6'
Weight: about 170lb
Chest: about 39-40" (all my jackets are loose 40-42 and a mix of M and L)
Waist: 32-33"
Inseam: 32" to the ankle bone (almost all my pants/jeans are 32" actual)
Torso: 30-31.5" (depending on whether I measure just straight down or also under, but definitely less than 32")

All taken over a shirt/jeans, not too tight. For reference, my Tourmaster overpants were M-Tall, 33.5" inseam, and they were just a bit too long (in addition to being baggy - 32-34" waist...)

L seems to be the best choice for all but the height. It sounds like XL would have a TON of slack in the waist, and too long overall. Not planning to wear much underneath, so I'd prefer a tighter-fitting suit.

Any advice? Should I ignore the height and just go with the L?
Hi,
Start with the L. If it ends up being short then we will swap it with a tall one.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #1478
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux
Of all the reasons for a delay in shipping, that's probably the most awesome.

Your order has been delayed due to frickin' VOLCANOES.

Any estimates?
lol!
currently it got resched for 23rd april. fingers crossed..
Old 04-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #1479
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000
Will the Mojave and/or Sonoran (textile mesh stuff) be in stock in the near future, or are they more or less permanently made to order?
we do have several Mojave in stock but pants are made to order.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #1480
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Hello Folks,
First up, I want to discuss some logistics.
Due to the Iceland volcanic eruptions, our latest shipment is stuck in Europe. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience but please do understand that this situation is beyond our control. We will keep you updated and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
If you have requested any parts under warranty in the last few weeks and have not received them, please contact us so that we can send them out again.

Several reviews came out recently for our jackets. If you are considering buying a new jacket, I definitely recommend going through these reviews because our jackets are absolutely awesome!

Ultimate Motorcycling:
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...orcycle_Jacket
WebBikeWorld
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-...ino-jacket.htm
Also check out the May issue of BMW ON for a review of Teiz Motorsports jackets.

Have you recently checked out the ADV Rider thread? WOW! The thread is approaching 100 pages and 1500 posts. What an incredible journey it has been. I want to thank everyone for all the support, feedback, criticism, questions, rants, complaints, compliments, suggestions, pictures, videos, emails, phone calls etc.

To celebrate all this awesomeness, we have decided to have a sale.
Camino- $299
Saratoga / Tioga: $249
Jeans - $69
Summer under-gear: $29
Summer mask: $19
Diego - $249
Looking forward to your orders and continued feedback on the forums.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #1481
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
Just wanted to add a quick review. I've ridden through the Winter and now into the Spring in the Lombard suit and it's been excellent. I have no complaints at all.

I've ridden in temperatures as low as 20F, and mostly temps in the Mid 30's, and I was not cold at all (with a zip-up fleece under the suit). I have ridden in the rain (though not any very heavy rain yet) and did not have any water intrusion through the vents, seams, or main zipper at all. I assume a longer ride, or heavier rain, and some water will probably find its way in. (Keep in mind I'm on a Yamaha XT225 - a small bike with no wind protection.)

The suit is also holding up very well. All of the seams, zippers, straps, reflective material, and velcro are in top shape. There is just some minor fraying on the wrist adjustment straps which are a differnt material from the rest of the suit.

I haven't really used the suit any warm weather. The warmest was around 70 degrees - I left the thermal liner in and opened the chest vents, and it was just a little warm. I think without the liner it would be great in warm weather.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #1482
mchasal
Mostly Upright

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Hello Folks,
First up, I want to discuss some logistics.
Due to the Iceland volcanic eruptions, our latest shipment is stuck in Europe. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience but please do understand that this situation is beyond our control. We will keep you updated and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Figures, I FINALLY get off my ass and order one...

Waiting patiently.
mchasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #1483
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

thanks for the feedback anthony

folks i made a small typo in the newsletter, the Mojave is on sale for $249 not the Diego.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #1484
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchasal
Figures, I FINALLY get off my ass and order one...

Waiting patiently.
patience is a virtue :)
Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #1485
gbw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
1-pc suit storage

I installed a Givi V46 top case on Bandit today for the express purpose of stowing my Lombard or Mojave when I'm out and about. I was pretty sure it would fit but wasn't sure. Givi makes bigger top cases but I didn't want to go any bigger than the v46, so fingers crossed.

Here is the V46 newly installed...

And here is my Lombard ready to go...

I roll it up tight starting at the neck and working my way toward the legs. It fits pretty nice in the V46, but you can't really get anything else in there...maybe a pair of gloves, but not much more.

The v46 closes and locks just fine with the Lombard inside. I had to practice a couple of times rolling the suit up to get it so that it would fit.

Any chance that I'm doing any damage to my Lombard or Mojave by storing them this way? It sure will make it convenient to stow my suit like this while I'm off the bike enjoying the scenery.
gbw is offline   Reply With Quote