Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #61
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
BTW- a 2004 Suzuki SV650S was $6299- not $8k. Odds are, it could have been bought for $5800. If it sells, used now, for $4000, that's $1800 for five years use. $30 a month.

Be advised there is no current NADA valuation for Hyosungs, which may impact loan valuation and insurance cost.

However, if you guys are stoked about a Hyosung, and could care less about resale- then the topic is moot. You'd better love it, because you might own it for some time.

Just for fun, call twenty non-Hyosung dealers and tell them you want to trade in a late model Hyosung. Heck, call a new Hyosung dealer and ask the same thing.

Ultimately, it matters to no one except the one buying. However, I've been on the receiving end of that phone call asking me what a trade value would be on a Brand X, and sadly, somehow people's fury at buying the wrong thing gets focused on me, right about the same time that their concern for resale suddenly reappears.

XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM   #62
Z1Krob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Hawk
figured since there is minimal info on this bike here figured I would check what the opinion is of these things. ... So hey lets see what people think of these suckers
Why did you even bother coming in here and asking everyone's opinion just to disagree with them?

Sounds like you made up your mind so just go and ride the damn thing. (when the weather warms up anyway.)
Z1Krob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #63
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,449
Buy it.
We'll revisit this thread in a couple years and get an update.
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:19 AM   #64
lousgoose
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor
Buy it.
We'll revisit this thread in a couple years and get an update.
+1
Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #65
Computer
Let's Go Get Lost!

Oddometer: 353
Used SV650s are so cheap... I have a 99 naked that's worth about $2600, it's a low mile garage queen because I'm usually riding other bikes, but I can't bring myself to sell it because I know it'll *always* be worth at least $2000 in the condition it's in. So I can basically keep it forever and ride it at my leisure and it won't lose much value.

I have no problems with the brakes. I've briefly locked the front braking at high speed. My old GSXR 750 with the huge 6 piston clampers may have been better but not in a safe way
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #66
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
I think everyone copied the good ol honda hawk gt. I bought mine for $2500 with 17K on the clock. -Jason

Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 AM   #67
ACDNate
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
Good catch, i almost forgot about the Hawk.
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #68
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,449
And Hawks are going up in value.
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:53 AM   #69
lousgoose
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Quote:
That's true, but you can still catch one here and there. One of my local triumph/Ducati dealers here in Louisville recently had one gently used on the floor for like $3300 or something. Nice bike. Would probably get you more attention, if that sort of thing matters to you, than the SV or the Hyosung. They have a really great reputation and now even as O'Connor mentions and not dissimilar from say old collector CBs, they are starting to get some collector clout and are maybe even selling for just bit more than they were.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #70
Rich Dubbya
Pimpadimpolis

Oddometer: 244
Hyosungs and the UMs IMO tend to be okay . I've heard horror stories but never met someone with one . They're pretty popular in South America . I got to see one up close and like them . Only think I didn't care for on them was the instrument display on the sportbikes have that cheap blue LCD that you would most likely have problems seeing in the sun . Other than that they're a nice bike for the money .
Rich Dubbya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #71
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,788
Quote:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360055

+1
Picked one up last July, from original owner, dusty, dirty, but intact. Here's the story:

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #72
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,008
It's like saying Huffy is a good bicycle.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #73
GT_Hawk OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Just to clarify, the sv650 in Canada eh is a 9k bike. 4-5k is standard resale value 4k being very low side in good shape.

http://moto.suzuki.ca/Product%20Line...egory=standard

So hey when I talk prices I am talking local prices.

As for disagreeing with people, well ya sorry but looking for people to say was a good bike, or needs revisions and experiences with them. Minimal people have the experience and a lot of opinion don't have much to back it up idea. Tho there is loads of info in here which is a good thing Before even starting the thread I had a down payment on a 2006 model that was a demo with warrenty for 1/2 the msrp value of a sv650 here. So hey Mine with warrenty going for price of older (2003) sv650's used. But was more itnerested to see peoples thought, and such and wow I was not expecting the realy wide range that got on here form people assiuming they are crap to people saying for the price points they are a decnet rig.

Trust me I don't think these thigns are the best things sicne sliced bread, but hey soemone got to get them to see if they are some decent and worth looking into. Sicne I am getitng a steel fo a deal may as well be me lol. Also love the idea of not having the same bike everyone else has lol.

Alos I will note things I aergued about where more factas then opinions, example people saying its a copy when I can say a sv650 is a copy of that nice looking hawk pictured here. Its defentlay not a copy thats a fact, its the same class but hey its not. But besides the sv650 there is not a lot in this vtwin class to be honest either or not anymore.
GT_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #74
ACDNate
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 689
in case I didn't mention it before www.korider.com is a good forum for Hyosung GT's...
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #75
aespillers
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Bought a new 2008 in 2013 for $3500 off ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...#ht_1288wt_882

Rode it back to Virginia Beach in February; froze my ass off. Also first bike owned in 11 years, first sports bike.

Definitely will put a more standup bar/peg configuration on it and some Distanzias on it.

I did a weekends research on the make. Popular in Asia, India and Australia. The rotor/regulator/stator can have problems but then again I grew up motorcycling in the 70's and remember LUCAS.

Shifting is notchy. I dont think it pulls enough from lower rpms but then again my last bike was a DR650 in 2002.

Beside finding the deal; I access the HOV lane anytime for my 20 mile commute.

I never considered riding below 50 degrees (sissy) but now after checking out the winter riding posts, I am looking for some insulated coveralls for below 40.
aespillers is offline   Reply With Quote