User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
Scott Davis OP
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 657
Cool2 Big Trips?

Ok, so what big trips are being planned this year?

I am thinking of riding up to Nova Scotia to put around a few days. Then ride back down to Front Royal VA and cruise the skyline dr & BR parkway all the way back to NC. Camping most nights along the way and just having a good time.

What other trips are being planned now?

SD
Scott Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
gec343
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Excellent plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
Ok, so what big trips are being planned this year?

I am thinking of riding up to Nova Scotia to put around a few days. Then ride back down to Front Royal VA and cruise the skyline dr & BR parkway all the way back to NC. Camping most nights along the way and just having a good time.

What other trips are being planned now?

SD
That sounds like an excellent plan to me. I may be heading for Alaska around 1 June, but not positive yet. dreaming of these plans keeps me somewhat sane during these nasty Winter months.

2010 Gold Wing/ABS
1977 R100/7 (bought new)
gec343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Nick in PRC.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Shanghai to Qingdao on the Chang...........only about 1000 km's one way but it is a Chang.

Chang chat: http://cj750.forumcircle.com
Nick in PRC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Andrew2
Team 250

Oddometer: 5,198
Not this year but next year my son and I are doing a 4 month lap of Australia.

A2

Andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Abenteuerfahrer
Deaf on Wheels

Oddometer: 2,287
Planning to Hack-away with my 1200 GS to Alaska(June) if I ever get my Dauntless/Ural Clone on time. Gotta finish painting it; farkel it; test it; etc. Those venturing there....see you on the road..(mellow yellow/Monza red sidecar with wifey in tow)...
Cheers,...
Abenteuerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Richard-NL
Sidecar Fan

Oddometer: 1,000
Have no plans.

Since the 1st of January I’ve ridden over 6.000 Km with the hack and some on the solo-bike. Been in Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, England, Wales, Germany and Austria and more, all in winter-conditions (frost and snow).

Most of it pretty spontaneous. Biggest problem: I had to go to work too. So real distances could not be achieved. All long weekend rides. But very nice rides.

I’ll see what’s coming next. Have some idea’s, (Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Rumania, Greece and back) but again, this will go pretty spontaneous, like allways. Could be the opposite direction.

Wouldn’t be the first year, we want to go up north and decide the day before we leave to go down south, or the opposite. We did that also with the kids in the chair. Nothing new.

Untill summer vacation, both my wife and me (and the dog) will cross the border a couple of (long) weekends and attend some rally's in Germany.

For a trip of a couple of months, I have to wait till 2012. Both kids are studying. The cost, you know.

Richard-NL
Richard-NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,558
Planed to head to Goose Bay Labrador in August but may postpone until 2010. Workload is an issue but also woudl liek to go after the road from Goose Bay to Cartwright is completed. We'll see what happens.
RALLIES:
Hack'd Reunion Buckhannon W Va Memorial Day weekend

Americade..Lake George New York

ISOK Sidecar Ron Dee Voo VI ..July30 - Aug 2nd,2009 ..Union Countey Sportsmans Club Weikert, Pa.

FingerLakes BMW Rally Labor day

Probably some other rallies along with a few camping / Fishing trips

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
The Garbone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Planning a no slab ride from here in FLA thru GA up the BRP to around Stauntan, Va. Then back down the coast. If I get my hack and have it set up in time.
The Garbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,085
I'm graduating in May. Thinking about going out to Cali for two months to visit family and putz around. Can't decide on the Ural or my little Honda. Either way it's gonna be a lot of miles. And pushers if I take the Ural.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Spicy McHaggis
Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer: 3,789
Thumb

I'll be taking the Ural on a 1600-2000 mile trip through the Yukon and Alaska again this summer, as well as a 1000 mile trip to Kodiak when we move this summer.

The D2D trip is gonna be awesome again, I'm totally cranked about it. Not sure if I'm gonna do the Dempster this year or not...if not, I'll head over and do the Denali Highway instead.

Ride report will be slow in coming, because the computer will be all packed up by then...but once we get settled in Kodiak I'll post 'em up!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #11
brosanc
WormGuy

Oddometer: 48
Me to !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abenteuerfahrer
Planning to Hack-away with my 1200 GS to Alaska(June) if I ever get my Dauntless/Ural Clone on time. Gotta finish painting it; farkel it; test it; etc. Those venturing there....see you on the road..(mellow yellow/Monza red sidecar with wifey in tow)...
Cheers,...
My trip (in planning stages)is to leave NC May 29 and head for MI to visit family for a day or 3. then north thru the UP, west to Duluth, MN, west to Calgary, north to Dawson City, then to Proudue Bay. Then to Anchorage to pick up my girl friend (flying in) then another week in AK. take Ferry from Valdese to Vancouver. Ride to Montana, Bear Tooth Pass to Yellowstone then home ! I'm doing the ride on my 03 1150GSA with a CStanley custom aluminum (ural style) hack. I take the bike up to Claude next weekend for installation. that should give me about over 2 months of practice. I hope to take a hack riding class before ! By the look of it, I won't be travelling to great white north alone ! i look forward to meeting up with some of you !
Brian

brosanc screwed with this post 02-19-2009 at 08:00 PM
brosanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
Richinoville
Turkey Killer

Oddometer: 30
I have a 5 day trip planned down to the BRP in May (about 3,300kms). A 9 day trip to Cape Breton Island sometime in July (4,800kms). A 4 day trip up to James Bay in August (3,200kms). Some friends are heading to Bar Harbour in September for 4 days in order to have some lobster (2,700kms).
But these plans were all made using my Zr7s and not my Ural. I also have a couple of 1,200 to 1,400km, 2 day, weekend trips planned for April and early May to warm up and test my limits with the Ural.
It should be a very good season for riding.
2008 Ural Gear-up, 2004 Kawi ZR7s, 1978 Kawi KZ650sr, 1982 KZ440
Richinoville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #13
hardybaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Big trips,

I plan to take my r1200c/watsonoian to a national sidecar rally in Lake Tahoe, Calif. in June. 1900 miles plus each way. ( from central Texas ) This is suppose to be the biggest sidecar event in the nation. Camping most of the time. Hardy
hardybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #14
Wolfgang55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,372
From FL to OR for some warrenty work. Really!
Find a good hack school & try to pass or at least learn to stay out of trouble. Go to NM & camp at Snow Lake, ride part of the CD, go thru Monticello Canyon, camp at Chloride. Head into CO on way to a CMC meet w/ some great KLRworld riders for about a wk. Be in Baie-Comeau, Qubec on June 6 for the start of a Canadian Ural group tour of Labrador. Stay w/ the Ural group til Goose Bay. Ride the east coast on 510 of Lab & check out the neat little fishing villages that are along the way to Newfoundland. Visit The Rock & look up a bud for a night to crash in St-John's.
Should make it to NC & GA to drop off any riding friends that stayed w/ me for the trip & make it home (FL) in July.
Currently I am up grading parts on my 06 Gear-up.
Wolfgang55 is offline   Reply With Quote