User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
andrewgore OP
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,241
Ask Andrew about Injected Molded Parts

My name is Andrew Gore. When I’m not spending my free time racing off-road, or exploring the back roads of Wisconsin, I’m busy as the in-house Mold Designer at Three R Plastics Inc. I grew up working in the company and have had the pleasure of doing everything from sweeping floors to programming CNC machines, and now working with my Father and Brother on growing the business.

The company was started by my father in 1994. His background was as a Tool & Die Maker who also ran molding machines way back when the first cell phones were coming out. My father’s initial intentions were to be first and foremost, a molding company. Things changed when customer #1 said you can run my part, but you gotta be the one to build the tool. The companies’ path was set there and then.

Since the beginning, we’ve been doing things as before, building long lasting tools in house, then running them in our state of the art molding department. Our desire for high quality tooling has never changed, and as such, our methods of producing tools has continued to get better and better. The beauty in the way we’ve grown is that we can accommodate a wide variety of projects. Whether you’re looking at short run production parts, to millions of disposable parts, we can handle it.

So how’s this apply to you? If you’re like me, or anyone of the other 200k+ ADVRider Inmates, your mind is always thinking of something that can be improved on. Some gadget or trinket that could be better, or done differently. Or maybe you’ve got some product that you’re currently machining out of billet material and are finding it time consuming to make, costly, and demand is getting beyond your capacity. This is where we want to help.

We deal with commodity resins (think plastic bottles, toothbrushes, etc) to high tech engineering resins (75$\pound carbon filled high temp materials). We’ve been doing this for 20 years and have learned a thing or two, that we know most people might not know. We want to help with that and expand the knowledge of those around us.

• How do you make a tool?
• Can the plastic actually hold up?
• Is plastic a fit for my project?
• How Big or Small of parts can you make?
• Can you mold plastic over my part?

Ask away. We’re here to help.

Examples:
Dental

Consumer Products

Electro-Mechanical

Andrew Gore
Three R Plastics Inc.
www.ThreeRPlastics.com
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote