Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
EarWerkz Custom In-Ear Stereo Plugs. Hand Crafted, Precision Tuned.

Adventure Riders,

EarWerkz proudly presents our new line of custom in-ear stereo plugs designed just for bikers. The HERO Series.

Working closely with Motorcyclists and Automotive Racing Enthusiasts we're proud to present the HERO series. Developed from the ground up these custom stereo plugs boast a durable, sleek, low-profile shell that was optimized to be worn for hours on end comfortably without interfering with your head gear.

My name is Jack and I am the founder and CEO of EarWerkz. Based out of Lawrenceville, Georgia we've worked rigorously to develop a superior line of custom in-ear stereo plugs for Motorcyclists that'll deliver astonishing audio reproduction coupled with remarkable sound isolation. Using several of our competitors as a baseline, we've developed each and every model surpass them all.

The team at EarWerkz believe that on top of the high quality products that we offer should come phenomenal customer service. Pre and post sale, we're here for you 24/7. We have a 10-day turn around time standard, a 30-day fitment guarantee, and a 1 year, parts and labor, warranty.

We hope to work with several of you, whether it's on here or at the shows! Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,

Jack
404-808-3405
Jack@EarWerkz.com
www.EarWerkz.com

EarWerkz screwed with this post 10-19-2014 at 06:33 AM Reason: Stereo Plugs
EarWerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Just as an exclusive teaser for the Adventure Rider's on here, we're nearing completion for our BLUETOOTH CUSTOM IN-EAR STEREO PLUGS!! It's pretty exciting as people have nagged us for ages to come up with one and let me tell you guys, they sound incredible.

They'll be available in a single or dual precision tuned balanced armature driver configuration, feature a built-in 8-hour rechargeable battery, music and call control buttons, amazing range, etc. Can't say too much but it's going to be a game changer.

EarWerkz screwed with this post 10-02-2014 at 09:59 PM
Old 10-02-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 688
How does the molding process work for your set up? And will the Bluetooth also be able to function as a hardwired headphone if the batteries are dead?
Old 10-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #4
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
How does the molding process work for your set up? And will the Bluetooth also be able to function as a hardwired headphone if the batteries are dead?
Cba191,

Since it's custom fit you'll have to go and get an ear impression. Once we receive it there's a 10 day turn around time standard. We usually recommend an audiologist to ensure best fitment or you can attempt it yourself with a DIY kit. Of course if you're in Georgia we'd love to do it on the house!

Our shell lab technicians have over 25+ years in the hearing aid industry and we know how crucial it is to have a perfect-as-possible fit the first time. From the moment we receive your impressions we inspect it thoroughly for any major irregularities and if it meets our criteria then it's off to our shell laboratory.

Here it goes through several intensive stages of trimming and detailing. This involves cutting off all of the excess material and shaving it precisely in the right areas to ensure a comfortable fit and a perfect shell production. Next it goes through our special hot wax coating process, as pictured in the first post, to fill out any last remaining imperfections and to create a tight seal for optimized sound isolation.

Once the wax is cured a colloid cast is created. This cast will then be used to create the shell.

This is only a small part of the process and we can't give out all the specifics but hopefully it gives you a better idea. The entire build itself is very labor intensive but we love we do and it shows in our craft.

Regards,

Jack

EarWerkz screwed with this post 10-03-2014 at 08:40 AM
Old 10-03-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
And will the Bluetooth also be able to function as a hardwired headphone if the batteries are dead?
It can be powered and charged directly via micro-usb. It should last up to 8-hours on one charge. I'll have more information on it soon

A recent set we just sent out. He ordered the 8-driver Legend! It's a Pro Series but the Legend can also be configured in the Hero Series!

Old 10-03-2014, 02:38 AM   #6
Tracerbullet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Subscribed
Tracerbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:59 AM   #7
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,032
Those look remarkably similar to Big Ears and Westone. Related?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #8
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Those look remarkably similar to Big Ears and Westone. Related?
Levain,

We have no relations with either. Our Class II dual driver model is almost the same price as their single driver models, coupon applied helps, and there's an immense performance difference between them.

Though they may seem strikingly similar from a glance there are differences once you have them side by side. Internally, all of our wires are shielded off with electronic magnetic tubing.

You will also never find any excess wiring. We measure everything and cut accordingly to have the neatest interior possible. As far as crossovers go you won't find them dangling around on the inside nor will you see them. Our crossover networks were designed and engineered carefully to be sealed away in a discrete location, leaving only the elegance of the balanced armature drivers to be exposed.

Externally, they use soft vinyl whereas our shells are made from a sturdier medical grade hypoallergenic acrylic. Further our face plates utilize a impact resistant ABS plastic. While no custom plugs would survive a biker's stomp our Heroes wouldn't break as easily without a fight. We have a video demonstration coming soon of us throwing them across the room and into the wall with no effects.

Regards,

Jack
Old 10-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
Revvr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Subscribed.
Revvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 530
How well do these serve as hearing protection, meaning filtering out noise like ear plugs would?

I've never listened to music while riding, but mostly because no headphones that play music do anything about external ambient noise. I always ride with ear plugs for this reason.

ben
Old 10-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
How well do these serve as hearing protection, meaning filtering out noise like ear plugs would?

I've never listened to music while riding, but mostly because no headphones that play music do anything about external ambient noise. I always ride with ear plugs for this reason.

ben
Ben,

Noise will be non existent. This is accomplished by tapering certain parts of your ear impression to create a shell that will provide an airtight seal for maximum noise isolation.

Regards,
Jack
Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
EarWerkz OP
n00b

Adventure Riders,

We challenged ourselves to build a single driver custom in-ear monitor that would be able to hold it's own. After relentless trials of finding and testing the right components with endless nights of re-tuning we've finally done it.

EarWerkz is proud to present the EH-I: Hero Series Class I. The EH-I is driven by a large single precision tuned armature driver that delivers amazing clarity with hard hitting, clean bass.

Class I is the perfect balance of superb sound isolation and studio like sound quality at an affordable price of $329.00. (Coupon helps even more)

LINK: http://www.earwerkz.com/build-hero-s...z-hero-class-i

I'll keep more information flowing on other products as soon as it's ready riders.

Regards,
Jack