Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #241
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Shiny Things is a stupid place to put this thread.

Anyway. Fallout 3 Maybe a spoiler.

Went up to Paradise City to look around. Couldn't get in but I got the Security guy to give me the Mesmotron and a quest to "collar" 3 peeps (I'd already wiped the fourth out in Minefield). I go to Tenpenny and collar the local whore. My daughter asks me why I put the collar on her. I told her the girl was a bad girl and that I was going to send her to the slavers.

"But she doesn't act like a bad girl"

"She doesn't look happy"

"What's a slave?"

I couldn't do it.

Went back to the last save...

btw, I take this being a "Regulator" shit way too seriously.
You should have been a good guy and killed everybody in the place. And I now guess why this game is 18+ here.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #242
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman
You should have been a good guy and killed everybody in the place. And I now guess why this game is 18+ here.
I'm good but I'm no Josey Wales.

I'll just keep picking off the scum in the Wastes, including those Talon Company pussies.

Flamers are good for 3 against 1.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #243
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
Woot! Pokemon Platinum in the bag!

The boy has been slobbering over this for a couple months now. And we had a gas each playing Pokemon Diamond and swapping stuff and battling pokemon between ourselves on our DSes

So a month ago, I bought 2 pre-orders at GameStop. The reason was that you get a figurine of the new top-dog pokemon. And well, this is probably his last blast at something so silly and innocent as Pokemon. By the time the next one comes out, he will be disinterested unless it offers something more interesting - like bare bewbies

Last night I check online to see if GameStop was having a midnight event or something. No soap, but they were opening up at 9 instead of noon today - the release day

9:05 the boy is hammering on my door "C'mon dad! they have been open for five minutes!

It takes me an hour to get myself together - coffeed up. teeth scraped. The whole time the boy is practically gibbering, pelting me with machine-gun trivia about the game that he has dredged up online.

We trek up to the GameStop. Oddly enough there isnt a line up. Walk in, present the pre-order and the strategy guide and we are off.

Wait, hold the phone. There is only one figurine in the bag. Not so fast, there

I go back in and tell the dude "Um, I had two pre-orders and I got one figure"

"Sorry we are only giving out one per. They didnt send enough"

"And I am sorry, but I paid for two pre-orders. I am supposed to get two figurines"

"Look we didnt get enough"

"Well really...the whole point of doing two pre-orders was the promo. You can't change the terms of the deal 'just because'"

The dude gives a mighty teenage sigh (I swear he did the teengirl eye-roll) and slaps another box in my hand.

I smile "Thanks, I appreciate it"

*grunt*

Now I completely understand his position. They got shorted. I am only one of the first he is going to have to deal with. and he probably got arm-twisted into working early on a Sunday. But he made the right choice. I was under-caffeinated and thus dangerously unstable.

Now, off to capture some Bidoof
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #244
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperman
Woot! Pokemon Platinum in the bag!

The boy has been slobbering over this for a couple months now. And we had a gas each playing Pokemon Diamond and swapping stuff and battling pokemon between ourselves on our DSes

So a month ago, I bought 2 pre-orders at GameStop. The reason was that you get a figurine of the new top-dog pokemon. And well, this is probably his last blast at something so silly and innocent as Pokemon. By the time the next one comes out, he will be disinterested unless it offers something more interesting - like bare bewbies

Last night I check online to see if GameStop was having a midnight event or something. No soap, but they were opening up at 9 instead of noon today - the release day

9:05 the boy is hammering on my door "C'mon dad! they have been open for five minutes!

It takes me an hour to get myself together - coffeed up. teeth scraped. The whole time the boy is practically gibbering, pelting me with machine-gun trivia about the game that he has dredged up online.

We trek up to the GameStop. Oddly enough there isnt a line up. Walk in, present the pre-order and the strategy guide and we are off.

Wait, hold the phone. There is only one figurine in the bag. Not so fast, there

I go back in and tell the dude "Um, I had two pre-orders and I got one figure"

"Sorry we are only giving out one per. They didnt send enough"

"And I am sorry, but I paid for two pre-orders. I am supposed to get two figurines"

"Look we didnt get enough"

"Well really...the whole point of doing two pre-orders was the promo. You can't change the terms of the deal 'just because'"

The dude gives a mighty teenage sigh (I swear he did the teengirl eye-roll) and slaps another box in my hand.

I smile "Thanks, I appreciate it"

*grunt*

Now I completely understand his position. They got shorted. I am only one of the first he is going to have to deal with. and he probably got arm-twisted into working early on a Sunday. But he made the right choice. I was under-caffeinated and thus dangerously unstable.

Now, off to capture some Bidoof
My kids have been sooooo excited for Platinum to come out.

They really know how to squeeze every last dollar out of that franchise don't they?

Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #245
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
My kids have been sooooo excited for Platinum to come out.

They really know how to squeeze every last dollar out of that franchise don't they?

Most successful game franchise ever.

My boy is having a blast. But he is bummed because he just found out that TRU had 2 super rare pokemon for wifi download...and one ended back in feb and the other ended yesterday

actually they do a lot of really clever things with those games.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #246
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
I'm good but I'm no Josey Wales.

I'll just keep picking off the scum in the Wastes, including those Talon Company pussies.

Flamers are good for 3 against 1.
I hate to break it to you Jonny but we killed your girl Bittercup.

I'm sorry man, I really am, but she just wouldn't put that damn collar on and went she went nuts Charon pulled out his combat shotgun and took her out.

You just can't stop that guy when something goes red.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #247
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Most successful game franchise ever.

My boy is having a blast. But he is bummed because he just found out that TRU had 2 super rare pokemon for wifi download...and one ended back in feb and the other ended yesterday

actually they do a lot of really clever things with those games.
Clever is figuring out how to get one family to buy multiple copies of the same game.

I hate their marketing department.

The kids love it though. If you ever question your kid's memorization skills just start asking them about their Pokemon and all their powers and when they level up and what their new name is after they evolve.

It's a whole different language and I don't understand a word of it.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #248
Charla
Tamalamian

The Shiney Things move dosen't make sense to me either but I don't plan to abandon the thread.

I picked up Farcry2 & F.E.A.R yesterday. I'm an idiot.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #249
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
Clever is figuring out how to get one family to buy multiple copies of the same game.

I hate their marketing department.

The kids love it though. If you ever question your kid's memorization skills just start asking them about their Pokemon and all their powers and when they level up and what their new name is after they evolve.

It's a whole different language and I don't understand a word of it.
oh but wait - ask them how to breed pokemon!

Actually pokemon and other games like that seem silly to us, but they are quite complex. And the benefits certainly outweigh any drawbacks.

Consider this - 40 bucks on the game vs 40 bucks to take them to lunch and a movie.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #250
mel brooks
Dirt Chick

Oddometer: 1,699
What's 'shiny' about all this crap in here?

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #251
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel brooks
What's 'shiny' about all this crap in here?

DVDs are quite shiny.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #252
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
I had the original Pokemon Red for gameboy when it first came out.

Damn, that game was a minimum of 60-80 hours of game play easy.

The whole thing is just a capitalistic venture, but it was a hell of a lot of fun and very addicting. If I still had it sitting around I'd dig it and my old gameboy advance out and not post on here for a few months.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #253
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius

The whole thing is just a capitalistic venture, but it was a hell of a lot of fun and very addicting. If I still had it sitting around I'd dig it and my old gameboy advance out and not post on here for a few months.
My kids would probably pay 20 bucks for that old Pokemon Red.

They still play some gold version from the ooooooooooold school original Nintendo Gameboy that they picked up at the flea market for ten bucks.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #254
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius

Yep, just like that..only more so.

Each game has a unique monster that can only be captured in it. And the color versions (red, green, etc) can be exported into the diamon/pearl versions on the DS. And *those* versions have unique monsters as well. But the DS introduced exchanging pokemon. Others can only be gotten by growing them. Etc Etc. The complexity of the games is pretty astounding..which is why I think it is cool because it is simple enough that pretty young kids can play it while being complex enough that older kids can continue playing..and then there are old weirdos like me who enjoy playing it with our kids.

Pretty damned brilliant design, actually
Old 03-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #255
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Yep, just like that..only more so.

Each game has a unique monster that can only be captured in it. And the color versions (red, green, etc) can be exported into the diamon/pearl versions on the DS. And *those* versions have unique monsters as well. But the DS introduced exchanging pokemon. Others can only be gotten by growing them. Etc Etc. The complexity of the games is pretty astounding..which is why I think it is cool because it is simple enough that pretty young kids can play it while being complex enough that older kids can continue playing..and then there are old weirdos like me who enjoy playing it with our kids.

Pretty damned brilliant design, actually

It kills me that they've essentially figured out a way to keep you buying the same game over and over again.

I really should be a KLR rider.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: