Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #2716
Chuck289
Air cooled

Oddometer: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDirt
More spoilers:

Remember, Makarov let the guy in so he could use the American as his own patsy. The whole game is a convoluted web of "who's using who to do what?"

From a strictly manipulative point of view, I thought it was good. I didn't see a lot of it coming; even though in retrospect, it seems pretty obvious.

I never was quite sure how that worked out. How did Makarov know Allen was an American? Did Sheppard rat out Pvt Allen? Or did Makarov contact Sheppard before hand and asked for an American to kill?
Maybe Makarov just figured it out on his own.

EDIT:
Just found a couple of cool articles about the MW2 plot.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=15099

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...27713&site=psm

Chuck289 screwed with this post 03-09-2010 at 08:39 AM
Chuck289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #2717
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck289
I never was quite sure how that worked out. How did Makarov know Allen was an American? Did Sheppard rat out Pvt Allen? Or did Makarov contact Sheppard before hand and asked for an American to kill?
Maybe Makarov just figured it out on his own.

EDIT:
Just found a couple of cool articles about the MW2 plot.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=15099

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...27713&site=psm
Mmmmmm...

Good point.

I assumed it was that Makarov found out on his own, but if Shepherd was behind that it'd be more interesting.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #2718
AirForceDirt
"Give me back my face!!"

Oddometer: 522
Cool2

Anyone who says video games are for ignorant, brain-dead slobs obviously has never played any.

Personally, I think Shepherd sold out Allen. He was the one that wanted the war with Russia in the first place. What better way to get that than to hire Makarov to kill an airport full of people with an embedded American, then leave said American's body at the scene. He uses TF141 to get the ACS module to the states so the russians can attack uninhibited, then leaves them in Rio, hoping the local gangs will kill them off. Its a bit complicated of a plan, but he IS a Lieutenant General.
DISCLAIMER: I do not represent the views of the United States Air Force, The Department of Defense, or any Agency alfiliated with the U.S government. Anything I say/post is my own thoughts and opinions unless referenced factual evidence.
AirForceDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #2719
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
What're you doing in my house!?
Dropping by .... still suck at motogp
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #2720
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Anyone who says video games are for ignorant, brain-dead slobs obviously has never played any.

Personally, I think Shepherd sold out Allen. He was the one that wanted the war with Russia in the first place. What better way to get that than to hire Makarov to kill an airport full of people with an embedded American, then leave said American's body at the scene. He uses TF141 to get the ACS module to the states so the russians can attack uninhibited, then leaves them in Rio, hoping the local gangs will kill them off. Its a bit complicated of a plan, but he IS a Lieutenant General.
That mkea a hell of a lot of sense.

But why war with Russia in the first place?

Old 03-09-2010, 12:36 PM   #2721
Chuck289
Air cooled

Quote:

That's what it seems like to me. Sheppard probably always intended to use TF141 and then get rid of them. He gets the info he needs to find Makarov, then kills Roach and Ghost. He trys to kill Price and Soap, but they get away and become fugitives. I think part 3 will involve going after Makarov. I doubt Soap dies.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #2722
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo
Dropping by .... still suck at motogp
I'm getting better at it.

Still in the 125 league, but I suck at qualifying. Each race I go from last place to 3rd or 4th.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #2723
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,981
Quote:

Because the storyline was poorly written and convoluted?
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #2724
Chuck289
Air cooled

Quote:

Remember in the end when Sheppard says somethin like "5 years ago, I lost 30,000 men while the world just watched"
I think he's talking about nuke in the first game. He's bent on revenge.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #2725
AirForceDirt
"Give me back my face!!"

Oddometer: 522
Quote:

Revenge. How many movies these days are based on people wanting something because the world ignored the actions of brave men and women who lost their lives? Ever seen the movie "The Rock"? Very similar premise, much less complicated plan.

Shepherd wants the people responsible for ignoring and trivializing the death of his men to pay. Getting russia to take out a large portion of the US is his way of doing it. He didn't count on TF141 surviving and getting to Price (typical bad-guy underestimating the good-guys).

The whole game is about Shepherd and TF141. The Rangers are only there so you can see firsthand what the Russians (and the Nuke that Price launched) do to the US, which is why most of them die. The game has an impressively involved story if you look past the constant "run here, kill this guy, sprint here, kill this guy, run from these guys to escape, why aren't you running you're gonna die!" pace of the game.
DISCLAIMER: I do not represent the views of the United States Air Force, The Department of Defense, or any Agency alfiliated with the U.S government. Anything I say/post is my own thoughts and opinions unless referenced factual evidence.
AirForceDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #2726
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

But it wasn't russia that blew them up.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #2727
Chuck289
Air cooled

Quote:
But it wasn't russia that blew them up.
In MW1 you find out that Zakhaev (the one armed russian guy) supplied Al-Asad with nuclear bomb that kills all those american forces in that middle east operation.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:16 AM   #2728
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
In MW1 you find out that Zakhaev (the one armed russian guy) supplied Al-Asad with nuclear bomb that kills all those american forces in that middle east operation.
But I thought he was just a rogue weapons dealer, not actually connected with the Russian govt.?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #2729
Chuck289
Air cooled

Quote:
But I thought he was just a rogue weapons dealer, not actually connected with the Russian govt.?
He was the leader of the Russian Ultranationalists. So when the story starts in MW2 the Ultranationalists have overthrown the Russian govt at that point (by using the death of Zakhaev for propaganda) and taken control of the military
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #2730
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
He was the leader of the Russian Ultranationalists. So when the story starts in MW2 the Ultranationalists have overthrown the Russian govt at that point (by using the death of Zakhaev for propaganda) and taken control of the military
OOOHHH!!!

I didn't catch that part.

Things make more sense now.

Spoilers!!!:

So then Shepherd wants to fight the Russia (or at least the ultranationalists that are in power), but the US govt. Won't so he sets up makarov to pull his stunt through Rojas and leave Allen behind to get Russia to strike first and start his revenge war and he used TF141 to "discover" who was behind this terrorist act who supplied it the tried to kill them off so they wouldn't track it further back to him?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: