Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 97 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #2746
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Is Forza 3 out yet?

I've been wondering if they keep pushing GT5 back so they can see what forzas doing and throw something else in to get a jump on them.
Yes. GT5 is supposed to be out by Nov. I have the new demo (not prologue) but it's impossible to drive smoothly. Many others have complained about it as well so it's not just me.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #2747
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornfed
Super Mega Monster Want:
Do you think it'll be compatible with offroading games?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #2748
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDirt
Hopefully you'll be back with soap and price, like the first game again. Makarov still needs to be dealt with (predictable but still entertaining vendetta of Price) and I'd be willing to bet a lot of people will want Soap and price dead after the whole "lets launch a nuke at the US to make them think Russia did it and turn the world back against the Ultranationalists.
Did anyone else thing MW2 was a little short?

I finished the storyline in 5 hours.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #2749
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux

Yes it was short. Unfortunately game developers are focusing way too much on the online multiplayer aspect and not enough on decent campaign gameplay anymore. I love all the old Resident Evil games but when I tried to play Resident Evil 5 (for the 360), I hated it. The campaign, unless you do it online with a friend, is horrible now. It lost all the uniqueness that made it "survival horror."

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #2750
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux

That's the downfall of PC gaming. Everyone is into multi-player at the cost of dropping Co-Op and reduced SP play. It comes down to time and money. To setup a game for SP you have to do a lot of testing to make sure the game will run and not have any game ending bugs that force you to restart or crash the system all together. This takes a lot of time. Actually this takes up most of the time since there is a lot of back and forth between the testers and the developers. On a typical game you will probably have around 10-20K bugs for varying issues. A typical game will take a team of 15-20, 2-3 months to debug and even then, it will ship with thousands of bugs. It's even worse for licensed games with hard deadlines that coincide with movies or similar.

The nice thing about Multi-player is that you have less issues since there are no AI. No spawning issues, no timing issues and no triggers to deal with. You just need to make sure there are no tears in the map or clipping or some other low level bug.

This all means that they don't have to put much into a story nor do they have to make it very long. Rehashing missions as extras try to help fill the gap but I think they fall short.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 PM   #2751
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,637
GT5 has been a true cluster... I mean, they'll still get it out the door eventually, and they'll make a buttload on it, though not as much as they could have. The crazy number of developers they have working on it for yet another year is tens of millions of dollars lost.

From what I understand, Forza really passed the GT series a while ago, and is probably the way to go. I mean, it looks really good, and the playability is nice.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #2752
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 46,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe
GT5 has been a true cluster... I mean, they'll still get it out the door eventually, and they'll make a buttload on it, though not as much as they could have. The crazy number of developers they have working on it for yet another year is tens of millions of dollars lost.

From what I understand, Forza really passed the GT series a while ago, and is probably the way to go. I mean, it looks really good, and the playability is nice.
For me, GT2 was their best one, and I've had them all. Lots of good cars, made it really interesting. GT5 I'm hoping, will get back to being as good.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #2753
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe

It's kind of easy to say Forza surpassed the GT series when there hasn't been a new GT since 2005. I think it will be great though. They strive for perfection which is one of the reasons it's taken so long.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #2754
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,482
Folks, I never thought I would utter such a blasphemous statement but the single player game play, physics, weapons and effects of Battlefield:Bad Company 2 completely blow away MW2.

You know how MW2 feels confined and linear? Now imagine a game without that and with a fully destructible environment. It's so good I want to play the parts I just finished playing....again and again. And there are tons of opportunities to use "heavy" weapons...mini guns, tanks, boats with 105mm cannons, automatic grenade launchers, mortars, etc. And it isn't just 1-2x a game. Not to mention with those heavy weapons you can completely dismantle a building wall by wall. Level a forest. Destroy cover like sandbags and boxes.
Enemy in a window harassing you? Blow a hole in the entire building with your M203. Snipers in the treeline? Take out the entire treeline with an M60.

Add to that great cut scenes with a sense of humor, "Dude, they have to send us or else they will send some Special Forces pussies with heartbeat sensors."

Wow.

Buy. This. Game.

Trust me on this one.

*PC, not sure how the console games play

Off the grid screwed with this post 03-14-2010 at 11:47 PM
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #2755
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid
Folks, I never thought I would utter such a blasphemous statement but the single player game play, physics, weapons and effects of Battlefield:Bad Company 2 completely blow away MW2.

You know how MW2 feels confined and linear? Now imagine a game without that and with a fully destructible environment. It's so good I want to play the parts I just finished playing....again and again.
Enemy in a window harassing you? Blow a hole in the entire building with your M203. Snipers in the treeline? Take out the entire treeline with an M60.

Wow.

Buy. This. Game.

Trust me on this one.

Hmm, I didn't realize it was from DICE. They did a great job with Mirror's Edge. Battlefield 2 since it was specifically a MP game with no SP to speak of. I mean there was a SP but it was an MP but with AI. It was very arcade-like and not really a tactical game. I'm interested to know if they are using the same engine as Mirror's Edge though. That game looked and played great.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #2756
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:

You know how MW2 feels confined and linear? Now imagine a game without that and with a fully destructible environment. It's so good I want to play the parts I just finished playing....again and again. And there are tons of opportunities to use "heavy" weapons...mini guns, tanks, boats with 105mm cannons, automatic grenade launchers, mortars, etc. And it isn't just 1-2x a game. Not to mention with those heavy weapons you can completely dismantle a building wall by wall. Level a forest. Destroy cover like sandbags and boxes.

Add to that great cut scenes with a sense of humor, "Dude, they have to send us or else they will send some Special Forces pussies with heartbeat sensors."

Wow.

Buy. This. Game.

Trust me on this one.

How is the SP campaign, is there one?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #2757
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
How is the SP campaign, is there one?
That's the only part of the game I play. Not much into playing with amped up, foul mouthed chubby 14 year olds.

The single player is intense, immersive and has a ton of repeat-playability.

(is immersive a word?)
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #2758
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
That's the only part of the game I play. Not much into playing with amped up, foul mouthed chubby 14 year olds.

The single player is intense, immersive and has a ton of repeat-playability.

(is immersive a word?)
Great, now I'm pissed I bought MW2 a few weeks ago. Though I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #2759
wyowillys46
F=mA

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:

Wow.

Buy. This. Game.

Trust me on this one.

You have my attention now.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #2760
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,396
Quote:

Wow.

Buy. This. Game.

Trust me on this one.

I'll try it when I finish Mass Effect 2.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: