User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #271
soloyosh
Dad and husband

Oddometer: 5,480
Pick up a RobCo jumpsuit as well. It gives you a +5 on repair when you're wearing it and it's light enough to keep on you all the time.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #272
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,676
Okay, I'm in ...

I've not been much of a video game nut (I have Halo and Quake for my Mac), but all of the talk about Fallout 3 makes me wish to pick up the game. I recently got a small bonus at work so I've got a little spending money for an actual game console. Question is which one? PS3 or Xbox. I'm leaning towards the PS3 because I've also read about Metal Gear Solid 4 which sounds like a good one and it's not offered on the Xbox. A question for you game nuts, which is the better console? I'm not interested in building a PC for gaming unless someone shows how it can be done for the same price as a PS3 and have better graphics.
McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #273
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,667
You can't beat the graphics on a PS3, i've tried both and the PS3 wins hands down. Plus, you can play blu-ray movies on it.. not so on the 360.

and yes, fallout 3 rox.. i've spent way to much time now trying to get to GNR
Old 03-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #274
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloyosh
Pick up a RobCo jumpsuit as well. It gives you a +5 on repair when you're wearing it and it's light enough to keep on you all the time.
where do you find this robCo jumpsuit
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #275
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SS
You can't beat the graphics on a PS3, i've tried both and the PS3 wins hands down. Plus, you can play blu-ray movies on it.. not so on the 360.
While the Blu-ray feature is nice I no longer consider it a plus. A few years ago I was dreaming about setting up a home entertainment system. While looking at equipment and prices one of the sales guys told me to not purchase a Blu-ray playing and instead purchase a PS3. At that time they units were the same price and he pointed out "If you buy the PS3 as a Blu-ray player, you get a free game console or if you buy the PS3 as a game console you get a free Blu-ray player". Today, the price of Blu-ray players has dropped enough that a Xbox + Blu-ray only about $50 more than a PS3.

Until I looked, just yesterday, the Xbox had one plus going for it. The ability to use the Netflix online movie system. Then I found out that this Netflix feature is only part of the Xbox live "Gold" membership which costs $50 a year.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #276
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,090
Quote:
Maybe the Robco Production Plant?

The wasteland is a really big world.

btw, Charla...

I was at Paradise Falls last night, got myself a really cool pimpsuit while cleaning out the trash. I guess I just missed you and Charon.

See ta' ya' soon.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #277
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

I've been there and did the mainframe thing... i just didn't see it. i'll go back to it as soon as i get the dish from the lunar module in the science place. anyone know where to get more of the mini nukes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #278
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Maybe the Robco Production Plant?

The wasteland is a really big world.

btw, Charla...

I was at Paradise Falls last night, got myself a really cool pimpsuit while cleaning out the trash. I guess I just missed you and Charon.

See ta' ya' soon.

Rock that Pimp Suit Jonnylotto!

We lost Charon after we got kidnapped by the Enclave.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #279
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
I've not been much of a video game nut (I have Halo and Quake for my Mac), but all of the talk about Fallout 3 makes me wish to pick up the game. I recently got a small bonus at work so I've got a little spending money for an actual game console. Question is which one? PS3 or Xbox. I'm leaning towards the PS3 because I've also read about Metal Gear Solid 4 which sounds like a good one and it's not offered on the Xbox. A question for you game nuts, which is the better console? I'm not interested in building a PC for gaming unless someone shows how it can be done for the same price as a PS3 and have better graphics.
If you're interested in MGS4 then get the PS3.

Be aware though, it does have the potential to produce better graphics than the xbox, but they have a tendancy to be a little dark and low contrast and it see like lately a lot of the games have a lot of graphic glitches (fallout 3 does.)

I'd start by reading the reviews on gamespots website.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #280
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
If you're interested in MGS4 then get the PS3.

Be aware though, it does have the potential to produce better graphics than the xbox, but they have a tendancy to be a little dark and low contrast and it see like lately a lot of the games have a lot of graphic glitches (fallout 3 does.)

I'd start by reading the reviews on gamespots website.
I've read some reviews about the two consoles and there was more discussion about the "red ring of death" for the Xbox. :-)
Old 03-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #281
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
I've read some reviews about the two consoles and there was more discussion about the "red ring of death" for the Xbox. :-)
True, if I did it all over again I'd probably go PS3. I think it's a slightly better system than the xbox, buts it's not without it's faults either.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #282
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
True, if I did it all over again I'd probably go PS3. I think it's a slightly better system than the xbox, buts it's not without it's faults either.
Nothing is perfect. So, I'm looking for what's right for me. It sounds like the PS3 will fit the bill and I'll waste many an hour in front of the tube with Fallout 3. It's supposed to snow here this weekend.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #283
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
You have the instant ability with an XBOX360 to tap into a wealth of games that are cheap, cheap, cheap as they have been out for a while. It's been a dominant system for some time for a reason.

I was a PS fan, through the first two iterations- but the reduced ability to play earlier playstation games on the PS3 meant I had to look at both systems on a standalone basis. The bottom line is that there are proprietary games for the XBOX which make it worth it- especially if you like online play.

I went with XBOX, and I've been thrilled. I hope I don't get the RROD, but if I were to- I can pick up a new XBOX basic arcade and use my existing hard drive for $150. The play value I've gotten out of this machine has made that a pittance.
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #284
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

hmm.. i play my God of War PS2 games all the time ??

oh, did i mention that GOW is a kick ass series of games.. they have been pushing out GOW3 for over a year now
Old 03-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #285
soloyosh
Dad and husband

Oddometer: 5,480
Quote:
I got it from a caravan but I've see them for sale in Rivet City from time to time. There's a Robco one and another one, I forget the name, that both have the Repair +5.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: