Oddometer: 9,493
Got it at four pm. Now a level three. FO3
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #3407
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Powder Gang already hates me so I left them tied up. I haven't popped any legion dweebs, yet.
I untied them but it was strange. They ended up wandering back to the Legion. I'm not sure what's up with that. Probably a bug. I did complete the job though. The Legion tolerates me now. I ended up going to the quarry to the north but man, there are some vicious animals there. I dumptrucked it from the outpost at Prinn to Goodsprings. Took forever to walk there with over 300lbs of crap to sell. So far I'm liking the 357 lever action rifle but I want something more. I went back to the Saloon and found Sunny there. She told me what I was supposed to learn before wandering to Prinn. I haven't tried opening the safe in the school house yet.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #3408
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg
You guys have peaked my interest in fallout, I hear it can be played in 3rd person. I usually play military shooters online, but I do like a good adventure game, resident evil type games. Right now Iam playing enslaved, pretty good, a solid 5 day rental.
You can switch from 1st person to 3rd person. Some situation call for one or the other at times.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:35 AM   #3409
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,559
Quote:
You guys have peaked my interest in fallout, I hear it can be played in 3rd person. I usually play military shooters online, but I do like a good adventure game, resident evil type games. Right now Iam playing enslaved, pretty good, a solid 5 day rental.
Keep in mind that the fallout series are solid RPG games, vast, with hundreds of side quests, and practically never ending, one can pursue side quests even if the main story is completed, and the character can grow for many months worth of play.

The majority of action game fans want different things, simplicity and straight-forwardness mainly.

Just a side note so that you won't go buying a game that's not for you. Obviously all those people raving about the game are RPG fans and therefore might give you the wrong impression.
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #3410
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug
I'm loved by everyone except the Powder Gangers. I just can't play a mean character. I tried really hard in FO3 to be a badass, but I sucked at it.
It's weird. There are general things I don't like to do in the bad category. I try to avoid killin the kids off. And for some reason if you've got slaves you're much more likely to develop sudden onset lead poisoning.

The rest of the time I think it's more an aggravation thing. I like to roam around and poke into holes seeing what's where and just kind of soaking up the atmosphere. If I run into some dingus that's an asshole, (say the Jean-claude van graff guy), but still has some story line bit... it's almost irresistible to stay out of murderin and killin mode.

The powder gangers for instance. Went and saw the guy in the station... yadda yadda get help from the town. Nobody wanted any part of it. Since they were reasonable about it, I just walked over to the correctional facility and redecorated Didn't really solve the quest, but it got me lots of 9mm ammo and dynamite.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #3411
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oh and if any of my stuff is spoilers let me know and i'll nuke/edit it. Didn't even think about that.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #3412
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount
Oh and if any of my stuff is spoilers let me know and i'll nuke/edit it. Didn't even think about that.
I kinda like it... Throw in a couple more and if you manage to spoil a lot of cool stuff, you just might save me from installing that nasty thing on my pc...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #3413
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,320
tserts, thanks for the heads up. Ive been trying to rent it but its always out. I dont mind a game where there is alot of exploration. One of my complaints of the last resident evil game was there was too much action and not enough exploration. Fable is out today gonna check that out.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #3414
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Quote:
tserts, thanks for the heads up. Ive been trying to rent it but its always out. I dont mind a game where there is alot of exploration. One of my complaints of the last resident evil game was there was too much action and not enough exploration. Fable is out today gonna check that out.
NP.

Rent it? That's a good one!

We're talking about our lives becoming a living, sleep-deprived misery and you think a week will be all it will take?

Calculate if one month's rent (that should be enough for you to decide that you don't like the game) is less than purchase price then make up your mind...
Old 10-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #3415
Dismount
Boring bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts
I kinda like it... Throw in a couple more and if you manage to spoil a lot of cool stuff, you just might save me from installing that nasty thing on my pc...

I don't know how many hundreds of posts it would take to outline half the crap you can do in these games.

Sorry, I'll try to keep it in check from now on. Somebody bitch at me if I keep doing it though. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #3416
Bendejo
Movin' on up

Oddometer: 4,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Powder Gang already hates me so I left them tied up. I haven't popped any legion dweebs, yet.

I wiped out an entire encampment of the legion at cottonwood cove.

Haters gonna hate.
Bendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #3417
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Quote:

I don't know how many hundreds of posts it would take to outline half the crap you can do in these games.

Sorry, I'll try to keep it in check from now on. Somebody bitch at me if I keep doing it though. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff.
Personally I don't mind, I often read gaming forums for stuff that I may have missed or that some others did differently, even if I haven't reached that point in the game it still fills me with anticipation reading about "spoilers"..

I know of others who are not that keen on learning stuff beforehand but especially in games like fallout it's far less influential on their experience since it's just names and places that won't stick to one's mind anyway..
Old 10-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #3418
Dismount
Boring bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts
Personally I don't mind, I often read gaming forums for stuff that I may have missed or that some others did differently, even if I haven't reached that point in the game it still fills me with anticipation reading about "spoilers"..

I know of others who are not that keen on learning stuff beforehand but especially in games like fallout it's far less influential on their experience since it's just names and places that won't stick to one's mind anyway..
I was hoping for something like that. It would take a nuts amount of organization to go through all the options anyway. Good/evil/indifferent....

Or my play style, Psychopath
Old 10-27-2010, 08:36 AM   #3419
Dismount
Boring bastard

Which reminds me. I need to take the cannibal option sometime soon and go around town snackin on ears.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #3420
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Which reminds me. I need to take the cannibal option sometime soon and go around town snackin on ears.

I can't do it! It's too gross!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: