Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #3436
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy
Man, where are you guy's getting the good stuff? My best rifle is the Caravan Carbine. No scope. Hard to find ammo. I'd love a sniper rifle. Or something that uses 308. The Service Rifle kinda sucks, too.

Maybe I'm too nice and not killing enough.
Oh I was talking FO3, not new vegas. Ive got no idea about vegas yet. I'm still in chop and hack mode for awhile.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #3437
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY
Any good rifles around early on? The AK ain't cuttin it for me
There's an AK?

Quote:
I'd love a sniper rifle. Or something that uses 308.
Find a Varmint Rifle, find at least the Night Scope for it and it's decent for taking out unarmored minor stuff. The Hunting Rifle too, with the scope.

My favorite sniper rifle used to be the Ratslayer, but I ended up buying a suppressor for the .308 Sniper Rifle and it works the same way, only has much higher DAM/DPS than Ratslayer. The .308 has a much bigger punch so I'm using that instead. I'm just kicking myself for not buying a carbon fiber stock for the .308 Sniper that I saw for sale earlier, now none of the vendors have it in stock.

The best rifle I found earlier in the Game is Ratslayer. It's a unique variant of the Varmint Rifle, with suppressor, night vision scope, extended mags, but with twice the DAM/DPS of a Varmint Rifle you would mod yourself.

To get the Ratslayer:

It's in Broc Flower Cave, directly south of Novac on the world map. Take the right fork, descend to the bottom of the cave, look for ramp that goes up to the second level where the doctor's quarters is. It's on the floor. There's big ass Giant Rats in the cave though so be prepared.

My new favorite gun, which I found the other night, is the All American. It's a unique version of the assault carbine/marksman carbine. It's a pain in the ass to get to though. And requires 100 Guns skill to perform at it's best.

BTW, just a tip. If you find a Weapons Mod for sale, even for a gun you don't have yet. Buy it! It takes forever for merchants to refresh their stock, and they don't carry more than 3-4 weapons mods at a time.

ScorpioVI screwed with this post 10-27-2010 at 03:34 PM
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:38 PM   #3438
ScorpioVI

Oh here's a screenshot of me taking out Feral Ghoul Reavers from afar with the suppressed .308 Sniper Rifle. Only takes 1 shot to the head, or 2 shots to the torso, with the standard ammo. I haven't tried the .308 HP ammo yet because they're so rare.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #3439
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI
There's an AK?
I'm playing 3. Not NV, yet.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #3440
ScorpioVI

Quote:

Oh yea, the conventional guns sucked in that game. Except for the Xie-long chinese assault rifle that was unique. And Lincoln's Repeater.

I preferred the energy weapons in that game, and the big guns.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #3441
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Stick to energy weapons there.

I think there are much fewer unique weapons in new vegas.

I got my sight on a nice sniper now... There is a place named Sniper's Nest with a gun box requiring lockpick 100. If there is anything else in there than a great sniper, I'll kill every legion soldier I see.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #3442
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,145
I finally cleared the Quarry. What a PITA to do. Took forever to clear them all out. Also cleared the prison. The Powder gang don't like me very much. I also upgraded my varmint rifle to suppressed as well as added a NV scope. It's nice now. Although still not as powerful as I'd like. Still looking for whatever uses the 308's.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM   #3443
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
fo3

Is it really anything to worry about if the three assholes in one little town don't like you? I may just whack em all and thake thr money and guns.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:06 AM   #3444
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,059
Quote:
I finally cleared the Quarry. What a PITA to do. Took forever to clear them all out. Also cleared the prison. The Powder gang don't like me very much. I also upgraded my varmint rifle to suppressed as well as added a NV scope. It's nice now. Although still not as powerful as I'd like. Still looking for whatever uses the 308's.

Hunting rifle + scope for the .308. Does Not suck

The RatSlayer is pretty damn awesome too. Silenced 5.56 with scope + night vision. Especially nifty with that spotter perk from Boon.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #3445
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,468
Quote:
Is it really anything to worry about if the three assholes in one little town don't like you? I may just whack em all and thake thr money and guns.
No. You sometimes lose the chance to finish a side quest but the way the game is set up you can't complete every single one anyway because of the good/evil/neutral thing.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #3446
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount
Hunting rifle + scope for the .308. Does Not suck

The RatSlayer is pretty damn awesome too. Silenced 5.56 with scope + night vision. Especially nifty with that spotter perk from Boon.
Ok, there is a Gobi Sniper Rifle in that case...
A sniper rifle with all add ons, weights only 4.5.

I keep the ratslayer around though, great for the usual things like coyotes, ants, rats. No reason to use more force and less usual ammo than necessary. I got the bug stomper perk 3 by now, which means insects die if I look at them too hard.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #3447
ScorpioVI

I just got the "This Machine" gun last night. It's a freaking M1 Garand, exact replica, even looks like an M1 Garand when you look down the sights. Dishes out some damage too with the .308.

I saw the Sniper's Nest last night on my way to Cottonwood Cove, took me forever to get up there. But my Lockpick is at 55. I've been sinking my skills into Guns (100) and bumping up my Repair so I could get the Hand Loader and Jury Rigging perks.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #3448
ScorpioVI

BTW I finally figured out how to play Caravan. It's simple as hell when you figure it out. Good way to make money on the side too, I won 2000 caps off the chick from Mojave Outpost last night. Ammo money!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #3449
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI
BTW I finally figured out how to play Caravan. It's simple as hell when you figure it out. Good way to make money on the side too, I won 2000 caps off the chick from Mojave Outpost last night. Ammo money!
Caravan is still a mystery to me. I've got to read up on it.

What LvL is everyone who's playing NV on? I'm Lvl 7.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #3450
ScorpioVI

Quote:
Caravan is still a mystery to me. I've got to read up on it.

What LvL is everyone who's playing NV on? I'm Lvl 7.

23. Nope. I'm not addicted.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: