Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #3571
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
I think she'd use the Black Widow perk + the Naughty Nightwear and then poison them.

Hmmm, I haven't tried the naughty nightwear yet
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #3572
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,146
Ugh, played for 3 hrs or so and went into an infinite loop. Lost all 3 hrs of game play! Ended up dying of RAD poisoning as I was exiting a building and it would restart me as I was getting out of the building.

Still, I saved the zombie guy in Searchlight and I guess I'm on a mission with some Harley guys in the basement of the church to loot the town!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #3573
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Sleepin britches and 3 hrs of FO3, I'm now level 5, and have a badass scoped pistol.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #3574
Scrotie
Chuck U Farley

Oddometer: 1,657
Anyone get some nookie from Red Lucy yet? A bit disappointing, but what isn't these days...
Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #3575
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotie
Anyone get some nookie from Red Lucy yet? A bit disappointing, but what isn't these days...
I'm still hoping to find another Bittercup somewhere.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #3576
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 316
Nobody's tried out FISTO yet?

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 AM   #3577
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,560
Another question to the hi-levels:

I modded a gun with a laser scope I bought and now whenever I equip it I get an empty hand holding an invisible weapon and a funny (not ha-ha) discoloration effect around the char in 3rd person and through the entire screen in 1st person. It's obviously a bug, but what I'm mostly interested in is to de-mod the gun and use the scope on another weapon, is it possible?

I'm not happy with my char so far, as always the first char comes out a bit "off", I boosted science and have only found 3 terminals to hack so far in the game, I would have been much better off with lockpicking, countless doors and safes I couldn't open because of low skill...

Speech boost has also been a let down, I have gotten very few unique answers and none that were really useful..

I have a strength of 4 which means my carry capacity is 190, I am eagerly awaiting for my first companion to be able to carry more stuff, tired of going back and forth to the traders all the time. By the way, how often do they restock caps? I went to Goodspings and all the merchants had still 2-3 caps from my last selling spree...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #3578
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts
Another question to the hi-levels:

I modded a gun with a laser scope I bought and now whenever I equip it I get an empty hand holding an invisible weapon and a funny (not ha-ha) discoloration effect around the char in 3rd person and through the entire screen in 1st person. It's obviously a bug, but what I'm mostly interested in is to de-mod the gun and use the scope on another weapon, is it possible?

I'm not happy with my char so far, as always the first char comes out a bit "off", I boosted science and have only found 3 terminals to hack so far in the game, I would have been much better off with lockpicking, countless doors and safes I couldn't open because of low skill...

Speech boost has also been a let down, I have gotten very few unique answers and none that were really useful..

I have a strength of 4 which means my carry capacity is 190, I am eagerly awaiting for my first companion to be able to carry more stuff, tired of going back and forth to the traders all the time. By the way, how often do they restock caps? I went to Goodspings and all the merchants had still 2-3 caps from my last selling spree...
I don't think demodding is possible. There are scopes for every type of weapon available, they are not universal.

Lockpicking is quite a nice thing, but science is quite nice, too. Often the terminal next to a safe opens the safe aswell.

The caps of the shops wasn't a problem for me so far, they upped the number of caps they have in comparison to FO3. You need to find more shops. There are many around.
Goodsprings, Mojave Outpost, Primm, Novac, 188Trading post, McCarran...
If you are not in hardcore mode, buy their weightless things, stimpacks and ammo mostly.
ThePikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #3579
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman
I don't think demodding is possible. There are scopes for every type of weapon available, they are not universal.

Lockpicking is quite a nice thing, but science is quite nice, too. Often the terminal next to a safe opens the safe aswell.

The caps of the shops wasn't a problem for me so far, they upped the number of caps they have in comparison to FO3. You need to find more shops. There are many around.
Goodsprings, Mojave Outpost, Primm, Novac, 188Trading post, McCarran...
If you are not in hardcore mode, buy their weightless things, stimpacks and ammo mostly.
The scope I bought was for 10mm weapons, I used it on hardened 10mm pistol but it's buggy, I would like to use it on a simple 10mm pistol. Unfortunately I though it was a glitch that would go away on game reload so I have made some progress and can't revert to a save to try on another pistol.

There are very few doors with terminals by them to hack into, most are just locked doors. If I made a new char, I would start off with lockpick and leave science at 25 for very easy and easy terminals, and then boost it at a later level.

I guess I haven't tried all the shops, Novac, Primm and Goodspring are bankrupt because of me, the others I missed them somehow... I think they used to restock caps in FO3, right?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #3580
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
The scope I bought was for 10mm weapons, I used it on hardened 10mm pistol but it's buggy, I would like to use it on a simple 10mm pistol. Unfortunately I though it was a glitch that would go away on game reload so I have made some progress and can't revert to a save to try on another pistol.

There are very few doors with terminals by them to hack into, most are just locked doors. If I made a new char, I would start off with lockpick and leave science at 25 for very easy and easy terminals, and then boost it at a later level.

I guess I haven't tried all the shops, Novac, Primm and Goodspring are bankrupt because of me, the others I missed them somehow... I think they used to restock caps in FO3, right?
I was in Goodsprings last night. I hadn't been there for awhile (maybe a couple of weeks in game time) and he had over 4000 caps. More than he'd ever had before. So, they do restock, it just takes a while.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #3581
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY
Sleepin britches and 3 hrs of FO3, I'm now level 5, and have a badass scoped pistol.

We're staying in step with each other it seems. I hit level 6, have that .44 mag and a sniper rifle. Now starting to be able to kick some ass instead of hiding and waiting for the fight to come to me.

I think I'm spending too much time worrying about picking stuff up and trying to barter it away instead of killing things. I need to find a couple more places to trade stuff. It seems I am bringing stuff back to megaton faster than she can afford to buy it off of me. I'm switching gears and going out to just get some shit done tonight.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #3582
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
We're staying in step with each other it seems. I hit level 6, have that .44 mag and a sniper rifle. Now starting to be able to kick some ass instead of hiding and waiting for the fight to come to me.

I think I'm spending too much time worrying about picking stuff up and trying to barter it away instead of killing things. I need to find a couple more places to trade stuff. It seems I am bringing stuff back to megaton faster than she can afford to buy it off of me. I'm switching gears and going out to just get some shit done tonight.

That's exactly what I like in these games. Screw the quests... roam around and poke into corners.

Ohhh What's this button do?

Holy fuck it launched something! /panic
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #3583
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser

I keep getting lockups in the game, so I'm saving a lot.

Fucking Radscorpions. .44mag gets the job done on UltraMutants tho.

Have you rescued BigTown yet? Or seen the Slavers? They really want Red, I'm thinking I'm gonna giver her up since she charged me 100 caps to get patched up after I saved their little piece of shit town.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #3584
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

I went to the fallout wiki looking for something (alright I cheat you bastards!) and I am amazed by how much info has been posted for such a recent game...

Who puts all that stuff up? I mean they have been through the entire wasteland and have documented in detail what they saw! It's crazy in a way... Every NPC, quest, unique item you name it, everything there almost 2 weeks after the game launched!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #3585
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,476
Quote:
I went to the fallout wiki looking for something (alright I cheat you bastards!) and I am amazed by how much info has been posted for such a recent game...

Who puts all that stuff up? I mean they have been through the entire wasteland and have documented in detail what they saw! It's crazy in a way... Every NPC, quest, unique item you name it, everything there almost 2 weeks after the game launched!
Cheeter.

Science, barter and lockpick are very important for scronging. If you're not finding enough places to sell and buy that means you need to expand your world; Good stores at Goodsprings, Primm sucks, Novac, McCarran, Gun Runners, Mojave Outpost and the list goes on.

The best way to carry caps is in weightless ammo.

I personally don't look at the Wikis or anywhere online for these games; the temptation to cheat is big and it cheapens the experience. If you can't even beat a game on it's own terms maybe you should go curling instead?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: