Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck289 View Post
This video is great!

Pretty cool.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:10 PM   #4112
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Alright, just ordered a PS3 today and should arrive early this next week. I've ordered Red Dead Redemption and have had Lego games and Little Big Planet recommended. Anything else?

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #4113
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Alright, just ordered a PS3 today and should arrive early this next week. I've ordered Red Dead Redemption and have had Lego games and Little Big Planet recommended. Anything else?
A .44 mag for when it shits the bed.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #4114
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,153
Quote:
Little Big Planet 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and GT5
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #4115
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
A .44 mag for when it shits the bed.
Good plan. I figure the 12 gauge might work for that though.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #4116
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Good plan. I figure the 12 gauge might work for that though.
If you don't buy used, you'll know the history of the unit. It should last a long time with out a teen/tween beating on it.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #4117
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
If you don't buy used, you'll know the history of the unit. It should last a long time with out a teen/tween beating on it.
I ordered a new one off Amazon for just that reason. Used to be I'd go used for video game stuff, but it sounds like it doesn't last as long as it used to. Not to mention that when I check used prices, they are almost as much as new anyway

Old 02-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #4118
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
I ordered a new one off Amazon for just that reason. Used to be I'd go used for video game stuff, but it sounds like it doesn't last as long as it used to. Not to mention that when I check used prices, they are almost as much as new anyway
The early PS3's are backwards compatible. 1st Gen's have the PS2 hardware inside. This is a nice feature but made from a tight fit in an already slim case. 2nd Gen are still backwards compatible but use emulation instead of dedicated hardware. If you have a PS2 then there's no reason to buy an older machine other then for the novelty of it.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #4119
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:
The early PS3's are backwards compatible. 1st Gen's have the PS2 hardware inside. This is a nice feature but made from a tight fit in an already slim case. 2nd Gen are still backwards compatible but use emulation instead of dedicated hardware. If you have a PS2 then there's no reason to buy an older machine other then for the novelty of it.
Never had a Playstation before... I'd always had Nintendos. I guess I had a PSP for a little while when they first came out. I just bought a 160GB one and assumed it wouldn't play PS2 games, but I don't have any of those anyways.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #4120
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,341
Is it worth the extra $50 for the 360gb Playstation 3? Or should I put that money towards a new game and go for the 160gb?
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #4121
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
Is it worth the extra $50 for the 360gb Playstation 3? Or should I put that money towards a new game and go for the 160gb?
You can upgrade the HDD's with commercial drives but it does require some knowledge. I have a 160GB and have no problems with it. I don't save movies or rip to the drive. For $50, I'd probably get the 360Gb though. If your tight for cash or aren't heavy into DLC, movies, etc then it's not a big deal.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #4122
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,341
Quote:
You can upgrade the HDD's with commercial drives but it does require some knowledge. I have a 160GB and have no problems with it. I don't save movies or rip to the drive. For $50, I'd probably get the 360Gb though. If your tight for cash or aren't heavy into DLC, movies, etc then it's not a big deal.
I could care less about saving movies and I have no idea what DLC is, so I probably wouldn't do that either.

I just bought a new tv, so it will be a while before I have any money for a new gaming console, but if it's not really needed I'd rather spend the extra $50 on a new game!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #4123
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:

Borderlands! Great for single play or coop.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #4124
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
I could care less about saving movies and I have no idea what DLC is, so I probably wouldn't do that either.

I just bought a new tv, so it will be a while before I have any money for a new gaming console, but if it's not really needed I'd rather spend the extra $50 on a new game!
Then don't worry about it and get the 160. You can upgrade the drive later if you ever need it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #4125
El Guero
V4 Whore

Quote:

One thing that is worth noting is that when I ordered my 160 off of Amazon, they have an offer that will give you $50 in Amazon cash for a game or sumthin after your system ships.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: