Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #4126
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
One thing that is worth noting is that when I ordered my 160 off of Amazon, they have an offer that will give you $50 in Amazon cash for a game or sumthin after your system ships.

Get a $50 Video Games Credit
Order the PlayStation 3 160 GB and receive a $50 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM   #4127
gastone
R.I.P. sweet Angus

Oddometer: 2,079
Any one play demon's souls on the ps3? Effin loved that game. Far and away the best, and most difficult, game I've ever played. I'm hoping there is a sequel in the making.
gastone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #4128
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
I could care less about saving movies and I have no idea what DLC is, so I probably wouldn't do that either.

I just bought a new tv, so it will be a while before I have any money for a new gaming console, but if it's not really needed I'd rather spend the extra $50 on a new game!
Oh, Bonnie? DLCs are downloaded content. You will be downloading some.

If you get a Wii, however, you and Charla can beat each other up.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #4129
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
One thing that is worth noting is that when I ordered my 160 off of Amazon, they have an offer that will give you $50 in Amazon cash for a game or sumthin after your system ships.
Oooh, thanks! That sounds like a good deal!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #4130
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
Oh, Bonnie? DLCs are downloaded content. You will be downloading some.
Ahhh, so do I need the bigger PS3 then? Will I be downloading that much? Or by the time I fill up 160gb's will they come out with PS4 and I'll just want that one?

Quote:
If you get a Wii, however, you and Charla can beat each other up.
We can do that without a Wii!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #4131
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
Ahhh, so do I need the bigger PS3 then? Will I be downloading that much? Or by the time I fill up 160gb's will they come out with PS4 and I'll just want that one?

We can do that without a Wii!

no. Not even with DLC's will you need the bigger hard drive.
Get the smaller one. I'm guessing adding memory to the playstation is as easy as the xbox? I was convinced I needed the big hard drive, and when I went to buy it, they only had the small one in stock. All they did is throw in the 120gb add on hard drive for the price difference between the two. I'm nowhere near needing it.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #4132
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Get the smaller one. I'm guessing adding memory to the playstation is as easy as the xbox? I was convinced I needed the big hard drive, and when I went to buy it, they only had the small one in stock. All they did is throw in the 120gb add on hard drive for the price difference between the two. I'm nowhere near needing it.
Awesome! Thanks!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #4133
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
ps3 must haves gta5, resident evil 5,metal gear, dead space 2. online play battlefield2. Dont worry about backward compatable, once you see the graphics ps2 games wont interest you. My ps3 is a 40g and is 4 years old and never a problem.
tommyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #4134
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Here's how to upgrade your HDD. Keep in mind the PS3 uses a laptop HDD.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #4135
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Looks like my PS3, Bluray remote, and Red Dead Redemption should show up today. I wanted something to play with my girlfriend so I used my bonus credit to order the Dualshock3+Little Big Planet pack.

Reminds me... Should I be ordering another charging cable for an extra controller? It appears that the extra ones don't come with them...

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #4136
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Looks like my PS3, Bluray remote, and Red Dead Redemption should show up today. I wanted something to play with my girlfriend so I used my bonus credit to order the Dualshock3+Little Big Planet pack.

Reminds me... Should I be ordering another charging cable for an extra controller? It appears that the extra ones don't come with them...
Get the second controller but don't get the charge cable. It's a standard USB to mini USB cable hat comes with just about every digital camera these days. So you'll probably have a few. The PS3 cable is no longer then my other cables either.

LBP requires two players at times to get 100%.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #4137
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:

Me and my ex used to have a blast on little big planet.

You guys will enjoy it.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #4138
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,595
OK. I'm going to go back to mass effect. I think I'll skip 1 and go right in to ME2 with a new character. My helper at work says it's worth it to have the cerberus network. Since I bought it used, I didn't get a code. Is it worth it to pay $15 for it through xbox, or is it too late to worry about?
Does anybody have an extra code they didn't use laying around?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #4139
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 315
Broke down and got Red Dead Redemption last weekend. I so suck at 3rd person games ( can never seem to master the controller ) almost gave up a couple of times, but damn I'm starting to really enjoy this game, it's got some interesting characters in it, and a good plot developing. Can't wait to play it some more.

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #4140
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
Quote:

Your point about hard drive space is my biggest beaf with the PS3... Why is it an XBOX 360 update is 5 MB, but a PS3 Update is a fucking Gig... you are probably still correct that you wont need a huge HD, but jesus F'n Christ, whats with the gigs and gigs of updates for games that arent even that great... I have both, but if I could only have 1 it wouldnt be the PS3...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: