Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 97 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #4141
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
Your point about hard drive space is my biggest beaf with the PS3... Why is it an XBOX 360 update is 5 MB, but a PS3 Update is a fucking Gig... you are probably still correct that you wont need a huge HD, but jesus F'n Christ, whats with the gigs and gigs of updates for games that arent even that great... I have both, but if I could only have 1 it wouldnt be the PS3...
Is it just the large updates that make you not like the PS3? Or is it something else? I'm darn close to pulling the trigger on something and have been leaning hard towards the PS3 Move.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 AM   #4142
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
I am playing CoD:BO pretty regularly on 360, gamertag same as board username, I'd love a game with some of you FFs. I am waiting till I unlock the oval to make an ADV sticker as my tag in it. I agree about the frustrations of playing with people with no concept of teamwork or how to use voice comms without making other people want to hang themselves.

Also, I second the vote for the chap with the PS3 to get Borderlands. Great game, very addictive.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #4143
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
Is it just the large updates that make you not like the PS3? Or is it something else? I'm darn close to pulling the trigger on something and have been leaning hard towards the PS3 Move.

For me its mostly the updates that burn. I live in rural Germany, and the internet is absolute crap in this country, and even worse in the stix, so those huge updates really really suck. I will say too though that one of the selling points for some people is the non-pay online play, but with that said, even having to pay for XBOX live, its a far superior system, and it just works... all the time.

PS3 is a cool piece of kit for sure, I just think for the money if I were to only have 1 it would be the 360.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #4144
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Quote:
For me its mostly the updates that burn. I live in rural Germany, and the internet is absolute crap in this country, and even worse in the stix, so those huge updates really really suck. I will say too though that one of the selling points for some people is the non-pay online play, but with that said, even having to pay for XBOX live, its a far superior system, and it just works... all the time.

PS3 is a cool piece of kit for sure, I just think for the money if I were to only have 1 it would be the 360.
Hmmm. Our internet speeds aren't exactly awesome, but they are probably a little bit better than yours, maybe.

I wish I had the space and the money to get them both, but I don't. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the PS3, mostly because I already have a bunch of PS2 games and I could still play them without having to make room for 2 consoles.

Thank you for your input, though!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #4145
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,489
Quote:
Hmmm. Our internet speeds aren't exactly awesome, but they are probably a little bit better than yours, maybe.

I wish I had the space and the money to get them both, but I don't. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the PS3, mostly because I already have a bunch of PS2 games and I could still play them without having to make room for 2 consoles.

Thank you for your input, though!
Danger! Danger!

Check the PS2 games you want to play on Sony's website before you buy a PS3. The old 80GB model was the start of the end for backwards compatibility. The newest 160 GB slim model is the worst yet.

(I, too, was a PS fan until they started screwing the backwards compatibility )
Old 02-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #4146
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
Danger! Danger!

Check the PS2 games you want to play on Sony's website before you buy a PS3. The old 80GB model was the start of the end for backwards compatibility. The newest 160 GB slim model is the worst yet.

(I, too, was a PS fan until they started screwing the backwards compatibility )
Well, dammit!

I have no idea which version I have so I'll have to look when I get home tonight.

You guys are not making this a very easy decision for me. I think I need to win the lottery so I can have all the consoles I want!!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #4147
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Well, dammit!

I have no idea which version I have so I'll have to look when I get home tonight.

You guys are not making this a very easy decision for me. I think I need to win the lottery so I can have all the consoles I want!!
I got my PS3 for the Bluray capability as well as having the games I wanted... As it turns out I don't have much time for either so the joke's on me

I'm working through Red Dead Redemption now and enjoying it. I think I will finally crack open Little Big Planet with the gf tonight, depending on whether or not she gets drunk in the mean time. I dunno if I'll buy any more games until I finish Red Dead... I don't have time to get into more than one game at a time, and I figure they'll be a wee bit cheaper if I don't get around to them for another month.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #4148
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,172
Hi all,
I kept my ps2 for playing my favorite ps1 and ps2 games. It's not worth selling and you'll really get reamed trying to trade in. Got a ps3 a few months ago and i'm happy with it so far.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #4149
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I got my PS3 for the Bluray capability as well as having the games I wanted... As it turns out I don't have much time for either so the joke's on me

I'm working through Red Dead Redemption now and enjoying it. I think I will finally crack open Little Big Planet with the gf tonight, depending on whether or not she gets drunk in the mean time. I dunno if I'll buy any more games until I finish Red Dead... I don't have time to get into more than one game at a time, and I figure they'll be a wee bit cheaper if I don't get around to them for another month.
I can usually only handle one game at a time myself, and with spring coming (soon, I hope) I won't have nearly as much play time either. I do like the idea of the Blueray player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Hi all,
I kept my ps2 for playing my favorite ps1 and ps2 games. It's not worth selling and you'll really get reamed trying to trade in. Got a ps3 a few months ago and i'm happy with it so far.
That's probably a good idea. I can just stash it away somewhere and pull it out when I want to play my old games.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #4150
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,079
I've been into racing games lately.

NFS Shift, Dirt2, and now F1 2010.

Those F1 cars are interesting. I wanna drive one.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM   #4151
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,079

Monaco is a Bastard.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #4152
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

I did it! I finally ordered the PS3 Move. Got up this morning and went to stoopit walmart to get one and they were out , so I ordered from Amazon.

It should be here on Tuesday!

I had no idea there were so many new Ratchet and Clank games for the PS3!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #4153
tattewell
Mad Poser

As far as I know, none of the newer PS3's are backwards compatible, I thought this was one of the issues that caused the device to be so expensive to produce and they dropped the functionality in order to get the price down? Could be wrong though.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #4154
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,661
Quote:
As far as I know, none of the newer PS3's are backwards compatible, I thought this was one of the issues that caused the device to be so expensive to produce and they dropped the functionality in order to get the price down? Could be wrong though.
The very first version had the PS2 hardware integrated. This was axed very fast due to costs. Oh wait... due to improved functionality for the customer with software emulation which of course would be improved very much over the following years.

The PS3 started in Europe 3 month later (if I remember right) without hardware for ps2 games.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #4155
tattewell
Mad Poser

No worries, mine is a canadian spec box...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: