Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #4261
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
You've got until fall. Battlefield 3 and Forza 4 should see me through most of our never ending winter.

I got really bored with COD Black Ops and went back to Battlefield Bad Company. Much better game.

Right now I'm digging Batman Arkham Asylum and the original Portal both of which are available for download off of Xbox Live.

Anyone get Portal 2? Hyped up like the second coming on much of the intertubes, I don't see how they're going to get a full $60 game out of the premise.
Black Ops is not that bad, I don't do anything online execpt for zombies. But some of the missions I go back to as they where fun.

Do you have the Vietnam add on pack...I was kind bummed that it was only multi player online....I tend to suck at run and gun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #4262
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Why the fuck did my playstation up and die on me!?
The best part about BF3 is that it was designed for PC and will be ported to console.

Better high-end graphics and more complex controls optimized for mouse/keyboard.

And going prone and jets are back!

YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #4263
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
The best part about BF3 is that it was designed for PC and will be ported to console.

Better high-end graphics and more complex controls optimized for mouse/keyboard.

Going prone was one of my big gripes about the last game.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #4264
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post

Could go back to PC for the next comp, maybe.

But I dunno when that'll be and it'll have to be a laptop.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #4265
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Wicked

Quote:
You've got until fall. Battlefield 3 and Forza 4 should see me through most of our never ending winter.

I got really bored with COD Black Ops and went back to Battlefield Bad Company. Much better game.

Right now I'm digging Batman Arkham Asylum and the original Portal both of which are available for download off of Xbox Live.

Anyone get Portal 2? Hyped up like the second coming on much of the intertubes, I don't see how they're going to get a full $60 game out of the premise.
I really enjoyed the multiple player on bad company.

But the story line absolutely blew. Way too campy and too short.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #4266
sc00ter
Triple Enthusiast

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
I really enjoyed the multiple player on bad company.

But the story line absolutely blew. Way too campy and too short.
Yeah for those kinds of games I'm OK with a short but decent single player to get familiar with the controls and game engine, with a robust multiplayer to offer value for replay.

Black Ops just annoys me for some reason. I really liked Modern Warfare, but BO is like a cartoon. Haven't tried the zombies, maybe I'll gibe that a try.
sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #4267
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,533
With Portal 2 out, I hope Valve will spend some time getting Half Life Episode 3 out.....

Bastards.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #4268
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Yeah for those kinds of games I'm OK with a short but decent single player to get familiar with the controls and game engine, with a robust multiplayer to offer value for replay.

Black Ops just annoys me for some reason. I really liked Modern Warfare, but BO is like a cartoon. Haven't tried the zombies, maybe I'll gibe that a try.
I agree, a strong multiplayer mode is needed to really give a game good longevity, but I still like being able to go back and play story mode too.

I feel more like I've accomplished something with the game in the story modes, where as multiplayer feels more like practice or just dicking around. But if the story mode is real cheesy or short it can really turn me off of a game for a while.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #4269
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I agree, a strong multiplayer mode is needed to really give a game good longevity, but I still like being able to go back and play story mode too.

I feel more like I've accomplished something with the game in the story modes, where as multiplayer feels more like practice or just dicking around. But if the story mode is real cheesy or short it can really turn me off of a game for a while.
All the mulitplayer in any of the games just pisses me off. 10yr olds running around at full speed just spraying bullets all over the place. Little RC cars that will run around and blow you up...just flat stupid.

I would like to see a true tactical multiplayer that will be a little more true to life...and make knife kills a thing of the past.

Try the zombie thing...it is great to unwind...the game is pretty screwed up tho...sometimes it takes a while for the server to let you into a game...and then when it does sometimes it will boot everyone in the lobby before the game starts.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #4270
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
All the mulitplayer in any of the games just pisses me off. 10yr olds running around at full speed just spraying bullets all over the place. Little RC cars that will run around and blow you up...just flat stupid.

I would like to see a true tactical multiplayer that will be a little more true to life...and make knife kills a thing of the past.

Try the zombie thing...it is great to unwind...the game is pretty screwed up tho...sometimes it takes a while for the server to let you into a game...and then when it does sometimes it will boot everyone in the lobby before the game starts.
This.

I think if you could setup the multiplayer so it plays like the story mode in MW (maybe MW2, but 1's story was better) that would be a fun multi player.

A lot of the online play I did with bad company was much closer to that just because of the larger maps, use of vehicles and specialized weapons.

In a lot of cases it forced a more stick together/teamwork type experience.

I think the perfect game would be something very real like MW1 with the large maps and tools/weapons of bad company.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #4271
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
This video pretty much echos my multiplayer gaming experiences....

27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_2e068c6a74">

Except I'm not a hot chick.

Unfortunately, single player games are hard to develop, and really hard to get just right. Hence, most companies don't really do them anymore. Probably a good reason why I don't play much anymore.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #4272
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340

That is exactly why I don't play any multiplayer games! They scare me!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #4273
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,594
So after watching my boy play black ops for the last two weeks, I got sucked in to it enough that I played the campaign. I had tried it after christmas when he first got it, but I had gotten FONV at the same time, and I liked fallout much better.
It wasn't bad, but nowhere near the level of suck me in till I forget what time it is like FO or ME.
After I finished it, I thought I 'd give the multi player thing a go, playing split screen with him. Boy, that sucks bad. I think I'll just watch, and if I feel like playing, I'll put mass effect 2 back in and build up an alternate profile to the one I have finished already. I guess I'm just not the run and gun multi player type of gamer.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #4274
jersey jim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
So after watching my boy play black ops for the last two weeks, I got sucked in to it enough that I played the campaign. I had tried it after christmas when he first got it, but I had gotten FONV at the same time, and I liked fallout much better.
It wasn't bad, but nowhere near the level of suck me in till I forget what time it is like FO or ME.
After I finished it, I thought I 'd give the multi player thing a go, playing split screen with him. Boy, that sucks bad. I think I'll just watch, and if I feel like playing, I'll put mass effect 2 back in and build up an alternate profile to the one I have finished already. I guess I'm just not the run and gun multi player type of gamer.
The COD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 single player have a story line that continues through both games, a much stronger story than Black Ops IMO. Both can be picked up used for a very reasonable price these days. Part of the MW2 story is so potentially emotionally powerful that you can skip that section of the game with no penalty, probably a good idea for younger teen players to be honest, as you're called on to take part in an act of terrorism as an undercover agent, and the emotions you feel are surprisingly intense. You KNOW it's not real, but...damn.

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #4275
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
The COD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 single player have a story line that continues through both games, a much stronger story than Black Ops IMO. Both can be picked up used for a very reasonable price these days. Part of the MW2 story is so potentially emotionally powerful that you can skip that section of the game with no penalty, probably a good idea for younger teen players to be honest, as you're called on to take part in an act of terrorism as an undercover agent, and the emotions you feel are surprisingly intense. You KNOW it's not real, but...damn.
I suppose my morale compas aint pointing the same direction as yours then, This is the level i like to re-play for shits and giggles... its just a game dood.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: