Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #4276
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,540
COD is intense

I'm used to Halo or Perfect Dark and those 12 year olds on X Box live are crazy I just got it yesterday and I'm lucky to get 3-4 kills in a match right now.

And a video i found awhile back COD fans should like:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 04-25-2011 at 09:38 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #4277
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
The COD Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 single player have a story line that continues through both games, a much stronger story than Black Ops IMO.
How is the game play compared to BO? If it's basically the same, I'll pick them up. I'm getting tired of having to retrain my brain every time I switch games.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #4278
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
How is the game play compared to BO? If it's basically the same, I'll pick them up. I'm getting tired of having to retrain my brain every time I switch games.
Essentially the same, only much much better.

In BO you're pretty limited in what you're doing through most of the maps. how it leads you through each level is pretty heavy handed.

MW2 is a little bit better, MW1 is the best

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #4279
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post

In BO you're pretty limited in what you're doing through most of the maps. how it leads you through each level is pretty heavy handed.

Sweet. I'll buy them in the next few days.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #4280
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
I've got Black Ops that I've barely played, Homefront that I just picked up and spent maybe 2 hours on, Microsoft Kinect with 3 games that I played for a few hours....

And you know what game I've playing for hours and hours on end for the last month? A little $20 game called Minecraft.

Seriously, that game blows away the last $500 I spent on 360 games and Kinect games.

It shouldn't be that fun, but damn that little indie game is fun.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:12 AM   #4281
Bongolia
stop acting

Oddometer: 16,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCeeGS View Post
OK, so I got a PS3 at Xmas for the BluRay and it came with Resistance 2. The game was good entertainment, and I enjoyed blasting my way through the game.

Not sure what to get next? I have a little more free time, so wouldn't mind something more involved, but would still prefer to do some shooting.

Any recommendations? I'm thinking I'd like Red Dead Redemption...or something more sci-fi??
Uncharted 2.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 AM   #4282
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Yeah for those kinds of games I'm OK with a short but decent single player to get familiar with the controls and game engine, with a robust multiplayer to offer value for replay.

Black Ops just annoys me for some reason. I really liked Modern Warfare, but BO is like a cartoon. Haven't tried the zombies, maybe I'll gibe that a try.
Your comments mirror my sentiments.

I'm done with BLOPS. I've been playing Homefront, and waiting for Battlefield 3, and/or another MW.

Frankly, I think Treyarch's games are weak. I wish I'd saved my cheddar from the first BLOPS map pack.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #4283
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongolia View Post
Uncharted 2.
I ended up buying Red Dead Redemption, but I'm going to put Uncharted on my shopping list, too.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #4284
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
I don't know anyone else playing Portal 2, and I am not a kid, so I am a touch slower than most of them. I tried to play co-op with a stranger a few times, but they are more used to the controls, gestures, etc. Sheesh, just be a bit patient, I haven't gotten past the first part of co-op because my partners keep splitting, disconnecting, etc.
I beat the single player, it was a lot of fun.

If anyone wants to play, let me know, I get a bit of time now and again. I tried to talk my wife into it, but she doesn't like doing things with me very much anymore. She says she doesn't want to spend the money, but I think that's just an excuse. I was hoping we could play together a bit since I am moving across the country soon, and it would be something we could do together, even 1500 miles apart. Can't exactly go to a movie together from that far. She liked Portal, I think she will like Portal 2 also, but she would rather sleep than even talk to me most days. 1500 miles isn't going to fix that either I suppose.

Send me a PM, I might not always catch updates to the thread.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #4285
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post

Borrowed both MW and MW2 off a friend. Played through MW over the last few days. Not bad. Had parts of it I thought sucked, but overall, not bad. Started MW2 a few hours ago. Rio got me so pissed I turned it down a level to try to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing not knowing I'd be stuck at that lower level the rest of the game.
I don't really like it so far. Too much just running and shooting, not enough thinking. I doubt if I finish this one.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #4286
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Borrowed both MW and MW2 off a friend. Played through MW over the last few days. Not bad. Had parts of it I thought sucked, but overall, not bad. Started MW2 a few hours ago. Rio got me so pissed I turned it down a level to try to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing not knowing I'd be stuck at that lower level the rest of the game.
I don't really like it so far. Too much just running and shooting, not enough thinking. I doubt if I finish this one.
Yeah, the rio level absolutely blows.

I like the fighting on the home front, thought it was interesting.

The rest of the game is eh. I like the more thinking of the first one, but I think parts of it could've been handled a little more like the second one.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #4287
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
I played through Uncharted 2 and thought it was pretty keen. Is it worth picking up Uncharted 1?

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #4288
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
Started to re-play through Fallout New Vegas, is the DLC worth the lewt?

Edit: El Guero, I heard Uncharted 1 was not that good, but I only played the Demo.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #4289
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I played through Uncharted 2 and thought it was pretty keen. Is it worth picking up Uncharted 1?
1 was good, I enjoyed it a lot. If you can find a used copy for $20 or less it will be good cheap entertainment. Just don't expect it to be on par with #2 which won a ton of video game awards.

Anyone getting L.A. Noire?
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #4290
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Honestly, I loved Uncharted 2 but really didn't like the original. Way too repetitive, and it doesn't get interesting until the end. And by then it's over way too soon.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: