This brought back a few memories.....

spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #4352
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I don't think it will let you do that...but there is plenty of roaming around that you can do...and there is this thing called street crime (I think) that has little missions scattered around.

I really enjoy this game quite a bit...not sure if I like it better than red dead or not.

I have never done any of the GTA games....are they like this?

The graphics in LA are amazing...the wife was just looking at it last night like she was watching a movie...she hates video games, and was sitting there telling me she is a lier....you know she is not telling the truth....now that is a mark of a good game...get non gamers intrested.
As Jeffy said, when you are on the "RESUME" screen you can access old cases so you can replay them and try to get a better score. Under the Traffic cases is a free roam option. I have not tried it yet but I think this is where you can explore, look for collections and find all the landmark's and hidden cars without the main story getting in the way.

GTA is more like Red Dead Redemption than L.A. Niore except in a modern day setting.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #4353
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
gta4 is more of a free roaming game, but to progress in the game you must complete missions, plus your a bad guy. If you dont have it pick it up, its 3 years old and probably find it new or nused for 20 bucks. Plus it has 2 add on stories. Nothing better than beating a hooker and taking her money then running from the law. Good times.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #4354
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
As Jeffy said, when you are on the "RESUME" screen you can access old cases so you can replay them and try to get a better score. Under the Traffic cases is a free roam option. I have not tried it yet but I think this is where you can explore, look for collections and find all the landmark's and hidden cars without the main story getting in the way.

GTA is more like Red Dead Redemption than L.A. Niore except in a modern day setting.
I like LA Noire because it's not a sandbox. It wouldn't make sense with the storyline if it was. Things start to connect together as you advance. Some events rely on earlier ones.

With all the cars and driving on a realistic map, I'd love to see them to a 60/70's mystery. Bullitt, Seven Up's, etc... comes to mind.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #4355
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
This brought back a few memories.....
Sure did, I have played almost all of the games shown...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #4356
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post

I have never done any of the GTA games....are they like this?

GTA4 is better than LAN. Fact. Set aside the fancy new facial mocaps, interrogation/investigation, etc. GTA4 was a more sandbox game, and had infinitely more things to do. Better acting too. I don't care if LAN has better graphics and fancy emotion captures, it doesn't help when the actors can't act! GTA4, San Andreas, Vice City all had better actors in my opinion.

If you like chapters and being handheld throughout the game, then yea LAN is superior in that regards. I personally find it too constricting.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #4357
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
GTA4 is better than LAN. Fact. Set aside the fancy new facial mocaps, interrogation/investigation, etc. GTA4 was a more sandbox game, and had infinitely more things to do. Better acting too. I don't care if LAN has better graphics and fancy emotion captures, it doesn't help when the actors can't act! GTA4, San Andreas, Vice City all had better actors in my opinion.

If you like chapters and being handheld throughout the game, then yea LAN is superior in that regards. I personally find it too constricting.
I think I like that format, for me it gives clear start and stop times. I am lucky if I get to play an hour at night...too much other stuff going on. It also seems movie like.

I keep missing things like the hood orniment in the last mission...they say things and they are actually clues....I keep thinking it is a shoot em up type video game, this one makes you listen to what is said, and use the info that the people give you.

I am likeing this one quite a bit.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #4358
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post

Apples to KTMs. LAN can't even be classified in the same genre.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #4359
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,726
I wanna try Portal 2 co-op. Anybody who is playing it, my Steam ID is guero650. I don't have a microphone so I don't know if that makes it impossible to play.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #4360
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,486
If you like old 2D platform games you need to get Super Meat Boy

The music alone is amazing.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #4361
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,109
Fo:nv

So Honest Hearts DLC is out (and has been out) for Fall Out: New Vegas and nobody seems to care?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:35 PM   #4362
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
So Honest Hearts DLC is out (and has been out) for Fall Out: New Vegas and nobody seems to care?
I didn't know anything about it, but my computer can't seem to handle any games anymore . I need to get it for the playstation.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #4363
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
New Vegas didn't really catch me as Fallout 3 did. I console myself with Dragon Age 2 and the witcher.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #4364
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,321
I just started Borderlands, which I had not tried when it first came out. I am only into it about an hour, but it seems fun so far. It reminds me slightly of Fallout 3.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #4365
dyskinetic
Yellow-vested dork

Oddometer: 20
Thought you guys might get a laugh out of this. I have an old beat-up NX250 with the sides held on with zipties and none of the original stickers/decorations/whatever-you-call-it. It looked a little sad and plain.

So I spruced/nerded it up a tiny bit:

(What I need now is the aerial faith platform symbol on the front.)

Also, sounds like LA Noire is interesting, I will have to give it a go.
dyskinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: