User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #4696
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,581
So MW3 VS Battlefield 3, which has better multiplayer?

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #4697
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine View Post
In the great tradition of sequels, the first one kicked ass, the second one was okay and this one well, there is ass involved.
Like the "Matrix" series, this one has some redeeming features, but overall, not so much.

I do enjoy the new format for the special ops, though, lots of bolshoi aggro.
Special ops Co-op is the funnest part of MW

sent from my Droid
Old 11-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #4698
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
It's probably a toss up. Though, BF3 was out first so it's got a leg up on MW3.

MW2

GameRankings
(PS3) 89.20%
(X360) 90.19%
Metacritic
89/100 (X360)
88/100 (PS3)
82/100 (PC)
Publication Score
1UP.com A-
GameSpot 8.5/10
IGN 9/10
Official Xbox Magazine 9.5/10
The Daily Telegraph 5/5
Giant Bomb 4/5
BF3

GameRankings
(PC) 87.83%
(PS3) 85.98%
(X360) 84.19%
Metacritic
(PC) 89/100
(PS3) 86/100
(X360) 84/100
Publication Score
1UP.com (PC) A-
(X360 & PS3) B+
Eurogamer 8/10
Game Informer (PC) 9.5/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy (PC) 5/5
IGN 9/10
Joystiq 4.5/5

Jeffy screwed with this post 11-13-2011 at 12:06 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #4699
snowscum
World Owner

Oddometer: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I would love an updated version of Decent. That DOS-based game was WAY ahead of it's time.
It was the best MP game of all time in my book.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #4700
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Can't speak to BF3 but I'm enjoying MW3. It sounds to me like MW3 is a helluvalot more frantic than BF3, and if that's the case then BF3 sounds kinda boring.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #4701
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
MW is faster paced and more killstreak based. Im enjoying BF a lot. It seems to suit the "load-out" concept better. The sniper can hang back and pop heads, engineer drops AT mines and Stinger missles at the jets and helicopters (my new obsession), lots of points for reviving teammates as Assault, and such. Seems to be a role for everyone. COD seems to be more about running around blasting each other like fulltime deathmatch.

Even in a "Team " game mode its kinda everyone for themselves. Im really liking Conquest and Rush modes with squad bonuses

sent from my Droid
Old 11-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #4702
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
I'll jes' leave this here:

I looked at that map, and instantly recognized it. I still remember where you get the backpack full of ammo, where the keys are, and that secret area with the imps hiding in the green sludge.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #4703
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before now.
But on Friday I got Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I've pretty much been playing nonstop, and now I'm at work and don't know what do to, so I'm reading here and am shocked no one else has mentioned it.
It's freaking amazing!
The gameplay and everything is amazing--much, much more detailed than Oblivion or Morrowind.
It's more fun than Oblivion.
(I'm hesitant to compare the "funness" to that of Morrowind, because of where I was in life when I was playing that, Morrowind seems like pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.)

I'm assuming that other people here playing Skyrim are too busy playing to post about it?
I know all my friends who bought it when it came out have pretty much disappeared.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #4704
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 26,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before now.
But on Friday I got Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I've pretty much been playing nonstop, and now I'm at work and don't know what do to, so I'm reading here and am shocked no one else has mentioned it.
It's freaking amazing!
The gameplay and everything is amazing--much, much more detailed than Oblivion or Morrowind.
It's more fun than Oblivion.
(I'm hesitant to compare the "funness" to that of Morrowind, because of where I was in life when I was playing that, Morrowind seems like pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me.)

I'm assuming that other people here playing Skyrim are too busy playing to post about it?
I know all my friends who bought it when it came out have pretty much disappeared.
My kid won a $100 Game Stop gift card in one of those crane machines at the arcade yesterday and picked up Skyrim. He was pretty darn excited.

I haven't played it yet but I probably will soon. I watched the video posted in this thread and it looked pretty sweet.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #4705
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Thumb All about my Video Gaming

Here's my intro and history with games:

The strange thing is, I'm not really much of a video gamer most of the time. There are only a few games that I've really been really into, and then I was REALLY into them.

First of those was Doom. I got Doom on Valentines day 1995 or 1996, when I was 13, and have never felt the same about love since.
I was REALLY into it. Downloaded all the WADs, made my own levels, made my own graphics, and kept playing it through...uh....well, I still play it, actually. When I went to college and was introduced to high speed Internet, I'd host deathmatch servers for the handful of other people who still play it. It actually wasn't until college that I played Doom2, and while I enjoyed that as well, I never thought it compared to the original. I was quite proud of myself when I made it through the first three episodes on Ultra Violence. Back then, that was quite impressive, but these days, that's probably nothing special. Never did manage that on Thy Flesh, though.
If any of you still play the original Doom, let me know. I'm always up for a Skulltag match.
Doom3 didn't bring back the same excitment I had for either of the first two games.

My next serious addiction was Morrowind. I got this game within a few days of when broke up with my last girlfriend in 2004 (Holy crap....have I really been single that long???) and had quit my summer job about the same time. Locked myself in my bedroom and played it up to about 20 hours a day at first, and kept playing it for a long time afterwards.

Next big game for me was Oblivion, which I got when it first came out. Played it a lot when it first came out, then realized I'd leveled up in a way that all the enemies were much stronger than I. Took s short break, then restarted with a new character and completed the main quest after about 107 hours.

The next games to get me totally hooked were Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Loved them both. Again, I give a slight nod to the first one for impact it made on me, but that might be because I again used it more as an escape from a rough time in my life than as actual entertainment.

I also played Dead Space and Left For Dead and Red Dead Redemption (Huh...I seem to like games with 'Dead' in the title), but those got a little repetative and didn't have the same thrill as the others. Besides that and playing split screen call of Duty with my roommate, pretty much no video games.

So now I've got Skyrim. Probably only put about 20 hours on it since Friday (stupid job!), but this is looking like it's going to be a fantastic game in which I get deeply involved, despite my life not completely sucking right now.

So far in the game I've enrolled in college and spent lots of times learning magic spells by reading textbooks in the library, I've started harvesting leeks so that I can perfect the venison stew I make in the kitchen of a local restuarant. Then once my roommates were assured I was playing the most rediculously boring game ever made and went to bed, I slayed a dragon, destroyed a necromancer, stole a horse, and got involved in the local politics. Seriously, this game has EVERYTHING.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #4706
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,685
Skipster is back!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #4707
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1fa View Post
Skipster is back!
Only until I get home from work...then it's straight to Skyrim!

Seriously, this is starting to become an issue. I just designed a smart charger for someone, and I have it 90% soldered up and ready to go on my desk right now, but have barely touched it since I got the game. I'm glad I didn't take any money in advance to build it, or he'd be pissed...
Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #4708
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,067
Quote:
I looked at that map, and instantly recognized it. I still remember where you get the backpack full of ammo, where the keys are, and that secret area with the imps hiding in the green sludge.
I was thinking the same damn thing
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #4709
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
I just spent 20-something hours this past weekend on Skyrim, only interrupted by minor things like eating/sleeping. Holy shit the game is just blowing all my expectations out of the water. It's like Oblivion and Fallout decided to have baby and the result is pretty damn close to perfection. There's a few niggling complaints that I have but it's like a pimple on a supermodel's ass, you'd still hit it.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:32 AM   #4710
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
And it totally sucks that MW3 and Skyrim came out 4 days apart. I just made it to Level 23 in MW3 MP before I picked up Skyrim. As much as I love to play with my friends, I kinda resent it when I'm torn away from Skyrim to go play MW3. We went through June through November without shit to play and now there's two good titles back to back.

Quote:
Here's my intro and history with games:

*Snip*

All that and you missed out on Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas? It's like Oblivion with guns! (I also say Oblivion/Skyrim is "like Fallout 3 with swords")

Oh yea, for those who are getting into Skyrim, some worth advice which I learned the hard way...

ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: