ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #4741
tattewell
Mad Poser
 
tattewell's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Petawawa Ontario
Oddometer: 756
I've also been playing skyrim, and my big complaint is that there is not enough time in the day. Im also on the mission in the dwarven dungeon... is it worth collecting all that scrap metal?
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 AM   #4742
Doc.Snyder
Beastly Adventurer
 
Doc.Snyder's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX / Grosserlach, GER
Oddometer: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
I've also been playing skyrim, and my big complaint is that there is not enough time in the day. Im also on the mission in the dwarven dungeon... is it worth collecting all that scrap metal?
no. it sure looks nice, but it's of no use. you can cllect the big metal bar and sell em though.
Have fun with the alignment of the lenses at the end.
__________________
Never stop exploring
Doc.Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #4743
Charla
Tamalamian
 
Charla's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 26,003
Just played my first hour and a half of Skyrim. This game is going to be a major time suck. Now I have to go to work!
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #4744
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke
 
Bonnie Abbzug's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: on the couch pm'ing Hayduke
Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Just played my first hour and a half of Skyrim. This game is going to be a major time suck. Now I have to go to work!
Jeebus! You guys are killing me! Now, I really want this game!

You don't need to rush off to Game Stop for me though, Charla. I need to save up some money to buy Christmas presents and some how I don't think anyone will appreciate me spending all the money on myself.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:44 AM   #4745
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
is it worth collecting all that scrap metal?

Smelt the metal down, use it to make weapons and raise your smithing skills.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Just played my first hour and a half of Skyrim. This game is going to be a major time suck. Now I have to go to work!

Only got 4 hours of sleep last night. My Skyrim character is getting about 6x more sleep than me.


Anybody else getting a Game of Thrones (Song of Ice & Fire) vibe from this game? Walking through the snowy woods last night with just me and the wind and I started getting creeped out. You can almost imagine the Others wearing crystalline armor materializing out of the snow. That would be an awesome mod for the PC. Start with the Wall, you play as a ranger of the Night's Watch sent out to find the missing patrols. Giants, mammoths, sabrecats, bears, undead, trolls, it's all in the game already.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #4746
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
Jeebus! You guys are killing me! Now, I really want this game!

You don't need to rush off to Game Stop for me though, Charla. I need to save up some money to buy Christmas presents and some how I don't think anyone will appreciate me spending all the money on myself.
Just do it Bonnie, resistance is futile. Besides what better way to spend a winters day, or month or more.
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #4747
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Finally found the right recipe in Skyrim to make some money while working on your Enchant, Smith, and Speech skills.

When you're out in the world, you want to grab as much iron ore and leather as you can get your hands on. You can buy iron ore/ingots and leather/leather strips but it's much more profitable if you harvested them yourself.

To maximize earnings, learn Soul Trap and buy all the petty soul gems you can find. Find a river/pond/lake, kill and soul trap crabs to easily fill the petty soul gems

Sleep before you do this next part. A "Rested" bonus let's you learn skills 5% faster. A Well Rested bonus by sleeping on your own bed nets you a 10% bonus.

Get to the smelter and smelt down the ore into ingots. Use the tanning hide to make leather then leather strips. Use the forge to craft Iron Daggers (uses 1 iron ingot, 1 leather strip). Your smith skills goes way up just making those iron daggers over and over.

Take the daggers to an arcane workstation, and using the petty soul gems, put enchantments on them raising your Enchant skill in the process. Sell, one at a time to maximize Speech gains. Selling enchanted weapons makes for huge profit. Well worth the cost of the soul gems.

You can do the above with just plain weapons you pick up from raiding dungeons and such too.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #4748
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke
 
Bonnie Abbzug's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: on the couch pm'ing Hayduke
Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
Just do it Bonnie, resistance is futile. Besides what better way to spend a winters day, or month or more.
If I hadn't recently purchased 5 new games, I would jump on it. As it is, I have enough to keep me busy for quite a while. I'm thinking it will be a good one for when we think it's time for spring, but there's more snow than I can stand on the ground - like May.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #4749
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,828
I am going to wait awhile to pick up Skyrim, but it looks like there are a lot of others who couldn't wait!
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #4750
Charla
Tamalamian
 
Charla's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 26,003
I'll have to remember this post after I figure out what the heck you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Finally found the right recipe in Skyrim to make some money while working on your Enchant, Smith, and Speech skills.

When you're out in the world, you want to grab as much iron ore and leather as you can get your hands on. You can buy iron ore/ingots and leather/leather strips but it's much more profitable if you harvested them yourself.

To maximize earnings, learn Soul Trap and buy all the petty soul gems you can find. Find a river/pond/lake, kill and soul trap crabs to easily fill the petty soul gems

Sleep before you do this next part. A "Rested" bonus let's you learn skills 5% faster. A Well Rested bonus by sleeping on your own bed nets you a 10% bonus.

Get to the smelter and smelt down the ore into ingots. Use the tanning hide to make leather then leather strips. Use the forge to craft Iron Daggers (uses 1 iron ingot, 1 leather strip). Your smith skills goes way up just making those iron daggers over and over.

Take the daggers to an arcane workstation, and using the petty soul gems, put enchantments on them raising your Enchant skill in the process. Sell, one at a time to maximize Speech gains. Selling enchanted weapons makes for huge profit. Well worth the cost of the soul gems.

You can do the above with just plain weapons you pick up from raiding dungeons and such too.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #4751
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
I'll have to remember this post after I figure out what the heck you're talking about.
Looks like a good tip, I'm doing alright at crafting, but I think I'm the most pathetic dragonslayer in Skyrim. I've gotten 3 so far, but they were all with help, two with soldiers and one with giants. Got cocky last night and tried to take on one by myself and had a bear run out of the woods, I thought great he'll help, no they both attacked me, about 1/2 a second later my mauled charred corpse was rolling down the hillside next time I'll just run.
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #4752
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Heh, I had one dragon fight go like that. Right when the dragon landed a sabre cat attacked me. Luckily I have the command animal perk from being a Bosmer. Zapped the sabre cat and he turns and attacks the dragon, they were going at it while I was at the dragon's back slashing away. The sabre cat died shortly before I finished off the dragon.

Another one of my friends got into a fight with a dragon, and he ran towards two mammoths and a giant guarding the mammoths. They ended up killing the dragon for him and he just swoops in at the end to absorb the soul. That's what I love about this game, the sheer randomness of it. You'll never see weird stuff like that on railed shooters like MW3.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #4753
Aghartha
Awesome
 
Aghartha's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 340
Downloading Skyrim right now. I hated Oblivion but I'm willing to give this a shot.
Aghartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #4754
Propfrwrd
Studly Adventurer
 
Propfrwrd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 513
Skipped MW3, as I think the genre is done. Waiting for my ps3 BF3 from a buddy who works at EA. Still considering the PC version, as I have some majorhorsepower but a shitty monitor. My ps3 username is the same as my adv handle.
__________________
Now banned for forever-er-er from klr650.net for respectfully disagreeing with Glenn. Apparently he is angry at the world for being stuffed into lockers and living in his mom's basement.
Propfrwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #4755
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider
 
SimpleSimon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 3,388
BF3 is by far the best game I've ever played.
__________________
5f? Is that like riding down a 90 degree cliff face into a lake of fire? I thought 4f was bad. Abdelhub

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014