ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #4771
Geek
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,653
BF3 rocks.. but the interface that EA/origin has come up with is a huge leap backwards.

You have to run the Origin app (steam wanna be).. but this doesn't allow you to do anything (why you have to run it at all is b.s.) - you then have to run the website (which doesn't work in chrome). Then if you enter a party chat it loads a 3rd app (the bf3 chat app) and then when you finally get to launching the game it takes forever to launch as it communicates with everything.

I don't think they could have screwed it up worse if they'd purposely tried to get it wrong.

/rant

ok.. not quite:

It is 2011 and if I "join with party" YTF does it STILL not put us all on the same team and in the same squad.

Why can't you create your own squds like "ADV" like you could in BF2? A-H only and if they are full you are SOL.

/rant /rant
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #4772
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
(Not sure how people with children play these games)
Oh, I'm pretty certain I won't be winning any father of the year awards......but, my boy loves it. He's my second set of eyes helping me play 90% of the time.

10 hours of time in the game, level 13. I went and bought it this morning. I'm just now starting to figure things out. Like don't turn in to a werewolf in front of your follower..
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #4773
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
10 hours of time in the game, level 13. I went and bought it this morning. I'm just now starting to figure things out. Like don't turn in to a werewolf in front of your follower..

Didn't like it that much huh?

Yea, this is one of those games where if you consider yourself a gamer, you cannot miss out on it. Skyrim is easily Game of the Year for me. I haven't been this hooked on a game since Fallout 3. I love it so much I feel like I have to send flowers and chocolates to Bethesda or something..

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask here.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #4774
Propfrwrd
Studly Adventurer
 
Propfrwrd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I am glad I held off on buying Battlefield 3. Blockbuster has in their Black Friday ad BF3 for 29.99! Won't be long at all and that will be the everyday price (I am not going to BB at midnight to buy it, I have to work Friday ).

I wasn't sure about buying it in the first place, but I really didn't want to spend $60 on it. $30 is much more palatable.

Edit: the ad has it at that price for PS3 and XBox, not sure about PC yet. (I am buying PC version)
My EA connection can get it for $20... the problem is connecting with my connection.

Was thinking of the PC version, but read that the PS3 is almost identical, plus all my buddies are on PS3.
__________________
Now banned for forever-er-er from klr650.net for respectfully disagreeing with Glenn. Apparently he is angry at the world for being stuffed into lockers and living in his mom's basement.
Propfrwrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #4775
Charla
Tamalamian
 
Charla's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 25,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Oh, I'm pretty certain I won't be winning any father of the year awards......but, my boy loves it. He's my second set of eyes helping me play 90% of the time.

10 hours of time in the game, level 13. I went and bought it this morning. I'm just now starting to figure things out. Like don't turn in to a werewolf in front of your follower..
Last night all four of us were sitting on the couch, the boys and I were "helping" Ben play. He'd be in a big fight and we'd all start yelling "Fire!" "Shout!" "Shoot!" "Switch Weapon!" "Fire!" "Run Away!"

It's actually pretty fun and we were all getting a good laugh out of it.

If one of us has trouble with a particular baddie we just hand off the controller until the thing gets defeated.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #4776
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Last night all four of us were sitting on the couch, the boys and I were "helping" Ben play. He'd be in a big fight and we'd all start yelling "Fire!" "Shout!" "Shoot!" "Switch Weapon!" "Fire!" "Run Away!"

It's actually pretty fun and we were all getting a good laugh out of it.

If one of us has trouble with a particular baddie we just hand off the controller until the thing gets defeated.


Geez, you guys make me sick. You take a perfectly good single-player game and turn it into a wholesome fun-for-all family event. Ugh.

ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #4777
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 9,518
Is there any way to quick-bind weapons or spells in Skyrim? It gets tedious to open the menu each time.

Yeah, yeah I'm a n00b.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #4778
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Is there any way to quick-bind weapons or spells in Skyrim? It gets tedious to open the menu each time.

Yeah, yeah I'm a n00b.


On the 360, add to favorites, push up on the d-pad to pull up the favorites, highlight item, hold down L or R d-pad to hot key it. One of the things I most dislike about Skyrim. In Oblivion you could hotkey the d-pad to 8 different items, they dumbed it down in Skyrim.

I believe on the PC you can hot key keys 1-8.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #4779
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
I like it. The crafting looks tedious, but the spells and archery are fun as hell. 4hrs gone.
(Not sure how people with children play these games)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Didn't like it that much huh?

Yea, this is one of those games where if you consider yourself a gamer, you cannot miss out on it. Skyrim is easily Game of the Year for me. I haven't been this hooked on a game since Fallout 3. I love it so much I feel like I have to send flowers and chocolates to Bethesda or something..

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask here.
Yep. As much as I disliked it, I couldn't stop myself from keeping on trying it. Now that I've started to learn a few things, I'm hooked for the long haul.
This is moving up my list of favorite games, and I'm betting when all is said and done will end up being second only to fallout 3 for me. And there's lots of stuff in this game I can see being brought over to the next fallout to make it even better.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #4780
Beelzabob
Beastly Adventurer
 
Beelzabob's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 2,062
Has anyone set up an ADV Clan for XBox on MW3?
__________________
Thank you soldiers for the freedom you graciously provide us.

"Most of the trip was like being thrown into a barrel of titties only to come out sucking your thumb!" - Oisin
Beelzabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #4781
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
BF3 rocks.. but the interface that EA/origin has come up with is a huge leap backwards.

You have to run the Origin app (steam wanna be).. but this doesn't allow you to do anything (why you have to run it at all is b.s.) - you then have to run the website (which doesn't work in chrome). Then if you enter a party chat it loads a 3rd app (the bf3 chat app) and then when you finally get to launching the game it takes forever to launch as it communicates with everything.

I don't think they could have screwed it up worse if they'd purposely tried to get it wrong.

/rant

ok.. not quite:

It is 2011 and if I "join with party" YTF does it STILL not put us all on the same team and in the same squad.

Why can't you create your own squds like "ADV" like you could in BF2? A-H only and if they are full you are SOL.

/rant /rant
You forgot the part where you load a map and the game loads everything then when it goes to the actual game you get a black screen that you have to alt-tab out of and force quit.I wouldn't have minded if there were only two apps running like in Steam, But the html interface is annoying. Console gamers get everything in the game so they're not waiting for everything to load.

I still wish you could create a LAN game like in BF2. There was even a way to run MP coop type game with AI making up the OPFOR. I also think the Campaign should have unlocked something that's useful in MP but it doesn't do anything other then wastes you time.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson

Jeffy screwed with this post 11-21-2011 at 01:12 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #4782
mel brooks
Dirt Chick
 
mel brooks's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzabob View Post
Has anyone set up an ADV Clan for XBox on MW3?


Or for MW3 for PS 3 ?

melbrooks999
__________________
KLX 351 Super Moto, 292cc Super Sherpa

“Everytime I start thinkin’ the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out having a good time on motorcycles and it makes me take another look.”
Steve McQueen, On Any Sunday
mel brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #4783
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 9,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Yep. As much as I disliked it, I couldn't stop myself from keeping on trying it. Now that I've started to learn a few things, I'm hooked for the long haul.
This is moving up my list of favorite games, and I'm betting when all is said and done will end up being second only to fallout 3 for me. And there's lots of stuff in this game I can see being brought over to the next fallout to make it even better.

Story-wise, interface and gameplay Fallout 3/NV is awesome. It's just too fkn easy. I mowed down Ceasars camp with a 9mm pistol. "Hardcore" mode won't change the fact that there is not enough variety, levels and quantities of bad guys.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #4784
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propfrwrd View Post
My EA connection can get it for $20... the problem is connecting with my connection.

Was thinking of the PC version, but read that the PS3 is almost identical, plus all my buddies are on PS3.
The major difference is the max size of the multiplayer games.....24 players on PS3, 64 on PC.....
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #4785
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion
 
YakSpout's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: all by myself
Oddometer: 5,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
BF3 rocks.. but the interface that EA/origin has come up with is a huge leap backwards.

You have to run the Origin app (steam wanna be).. but this doesn't allow you to do anything (why you have to run it at all is b.s.) - you then have to run the website (which doesn't work in chrome). Then if you enter a party chat it loads a 3rd app (the bf3 chat app) and then when you finally get to launching the game it takes forever to launch as it communicates with everything.

I don't think they could have screwed it up worse if they'd purposely tried to get it wrong.

/rant

ok.. not quite:

It is 2011 and if I "join with party" YTF does it STILL not put us all on the same team and in the same squad.

Why can't you create your own squds like "ADV" like you could in BF2? A-H only and if they are full you are SOL.

/rant /rant
Weird. I've been running Battlelog in Chrome since the Beta. (It was the recommended browser in the docs.) But yeah, it's clunky to have Origin launch, then hit the Battlelog site, THEN launch the game.

And as Jeffy said, I get a black screen that I have to force quit the first time I launch the game after firing up my PC.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014