ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #4861
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
How the heck do you even get married? I tried leg-humping a hot Nord but that didn't go over too well...
You have to wear an amulet of Mara and every NPC that can be married will have the option. The smith in Riften will propose for example.
Gender doesn't matter by the way.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #4862
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
P.S. I my Flame Atronach.
That flamer is the only decent offenseI have on my character.
No weapons, and I still don't have enough magicka for the higher end destruction spells to be cast frequently enough.

So no matter what I'm fighting (Bears, Daugrs, Spiders) I just cast the Atronauch, then run and hide.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #4863
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
I realize this is probably a really stupid question, and if I wasn't at work I could probably figure it out on my own, but in case I can't when I get home, I'm asking now......

How do you unlock dragon shouts?


I've got 2 shouts currently unlocked, and about three more shouts that I've learned but haven't unlocked.
I've absorbed 5 or 6 dragon souls so far (Yeah, yeah, I know....I've been sticking to the side quests pretty exclusively)

How do I use the souls to unlock the ones I've learned?
I'm confused, because I don't know how the two I can currently use ever became unlocked.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #4864
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I realize this is probably a really stupid question, and if I wasn't at work I could probably figure it out on my own, but in case I can't when I get home, I'm asking now......

How do you unlock dragon shouts?


I've got 2 shouts currently unlocked, and about three more shouts that I've learned but haven't unlocked.
I've absorbed 5 or 6 dragon souls so far (Yeah, yeah, I know....I've been sticking to the side quests pretty exclusively)

How do I use the souls to unlock the ones I've learned?
I'm confused, because I don't know how the two I can currently use ever became unlocked.



I'm confused about that too because I have 4 dragon shouts in my Shouts menu, but two are grayed out and I can't unlock them. There's 3 words per shout and of the four shouts I have two shouts only have two words and two shouts have only one. For some reason I was able to unlock a shout with only 1 word, and a shout with only 2 words, but I can't figure out why I can't unlock the other two shouts. I have 14 dragon souls available...
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #4865
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
I'm confused about that too because I have 4 dragon shouts in my Shouts menu, but two are grayed out and I can't unlock them. There's 3 words per shout and of the four shouts I have two shouts only have two words and two shouts have only one. For some reason I was able to unlock a shout with only 1 word, and a shout with only 2 words, but I can't figure out why I can't unlock the other two shouts. I have 14 dragon souls available...
On the PC you press R to unlock a word. When there is something to unlock, there should be a button sign for unlocking on the bottom of the screen. You have to unlock each word of each shout. The shouts get more powerful with more words. The longer you press the shout button, the more powerful does the shout get
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #4866
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
I'm confused about that too because I have 4 dragon shouts in my Shouts menu, but two are grayed out and I can't unlock them. There's 3 words per shout and of the four shouts I have two shouts only have two words and two shouts have only one. For some reason I was able to unlock a shout with only 1 word, and a shout with only 2 words, but I can't figure out why I can't unlock the other two shouts. I have 14 dragon souls available...

I was able to unlock them by pressing the X button when I was in the shout part of the magic menu, I'm playing on the x-box.
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #4867
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
See I never saw that option to unlock, which is what got me all confused. I'll check again tonight.

Also, I accidentally used my dragon shout at the Mage's Guild while trying to pass the fear test. It freaked the gatekeeper out and then about a day later I get a courier with a letter from "a friend" telling me about the ruckus I caused at the Mage's Guild and to go to someplace and use the shout to power something up.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #4868
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
Got home last night and did a bit of wandering around. Started the quest to find the Staff of Magnus so I figured I'd locate the ruins and hit the hay.

Drop the kids off at school this morning and figure to myself, I'll just run through these ruins and grab the staff before I start my chores for today. Two and a half hours later I'm still wandering around this damn place.

I swear that stupid staff is just around the next corner.

P.S. I my Flame Atronach.
I got the Sauguine Rose staff, it's great having your own personal Dremora, they are total kick-ass dragon distracters and not afraid to get in your enemy's face
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #4869
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
I was able to unlock them by pressing the X button when I was in the shout part of the magic menu, I'm playing on the x-box.
Okay, I'm going to try that.

I think I might be missing some obvious things in the game because for some reason my TV zooms in slightly and I can't see the bottom 2cm of the screen. So makes things like my carrying capacity, how much gold I have when selling stuff, and a few other instruction not visable--I wonder if the dragon soul thing is explained there.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #4870
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
See I never saw that option to unlock, which is what got me all confused. I'll check again tonight.

Also, I accidentally used my dragon shout at the Mage's Guild while trying to pass the fear test. It freaked the gatekeeper out and then about a day later I get a courier with a letter from "a friend" telling me about the ruckus I caused at the Mage's Guild and to go to someplace and use the shout to power something up.
Fought and killed a elder dragon at the college last night, after it was dead they all came and said wow, is it dead and I can't believe it, I thought thanks for all the help, all you mages were no where to be seen when I was getting burned to a crisp.
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #4871
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
I got the Sauguine Rose staff, it's great having your own personal Dremora, they are total kick-ass dragon distracters and not afraid to get in your enemy's face
Hmmm...
I might have to get that.
Really, though, I need a merchant who sells a summon dremora spelltome.

Also, am I the only person who really misses Golden Saints? Summoning those girls was just awesome, and with Azura's star, they'd give you an easy, free, and unlimited source of grand souls.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:21 PM   #4872
RUOK
no, no I guess not
 
RUOK's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Salem OR
Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Okay, I'm going to try that.

I think I might be missing some obvious things in the game because for some reason my TV zooms in slightly and I can't see the bottom 2cm of the screen. So makes things like my carrying capacity, how much gold I have when selling stuff, and a few other instruction not visable--I wonder if the dragon soul thing is explained there.
I was having the same problem, I couldn't see what was listed on the bottom of my TV, it gets easier to read after playing for a while, but the bottom is always clipped when I first start playing. I thought my TV was suspect, maybe its a game issue?
__________________
My Alaskan ride

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #4873
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
Fought and killed a elder dragon at the college last night, after it was dead they all came and said wow, is it dead and I can't believe it, I thought thanks for all the help, all you mages were no where to be seen when I was getting burned to a crisp.
They all helped me kill the dragon at the college.All kinds of spells being cast all over the place. Maybe they just don't like you.


Just be glad they didn't help you. They like to jump in front of your spells and get between you and the dragon, then as soon as the dragon is dead they'll turn on you and kill you because you hurt them.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #4874
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
I was having the same problem, I couldn't see what was listed on the bottom of my TV, it gets easier to read after playing for a while, but the bottom is always clipped when I first start playing. I thought my TV was suspect, maybe its a game issue?
I'm thinking it may be an Xbox issue--it does the same in Dead Space.

(I have a 60" rear projection in the "den" which is used for my xbox exclusively. Eveything else (roomates's Xbox, movies, tv watching, etc) is done in the living room 10 feet away, with the 55" plasma, which shows no issues.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #4875
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
See I never saw that option to unlock, which is what got me all confused. I'll check again tonight.

Also, I accidentally used my dragon shout at the Mage's Guild while trying to pass the fear test. It freaked the gatekeeper out and then about a day later I get a courier with a letter from "a friend" telling me about the ruckus I caused at the Mage's Guild and to go to someplace and use the shout to power something up.
I seem to recall that using the shout in any populated village or city will cause a courrier to give you a location of another word of power.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014