Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #4876
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
See I never saw that option to unlock, which is what got me all confused. I'll check again tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Okay, I'm going to try that.

I think I might be missing some obvious things in the game because for some reason my TV zooms in slightly and I can't see the bottom 2cm of the screen. So makes things like my carrying capacity, how much gold I have when selling stuff, and a few other instruction not visable--I wonder if the dragon soul thing is explained there.

I think it's a game thing. I had to change the settings on my tv to see it all as well. And Yep, it's there in the bottom right of the screen telling you how many dragon souls you have, and I think it is X you hit to unlock each word. I played probably 15 levels while having 8 dragon souls, and 7 shout words learned before I figured out how to put them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
I got the Sauguine Rose staff, it's great having your own personal Dremora, they are total kick-ass dragon distracters and not afraid to get in your enemy's face
Yep. My favorite tool as well. Between a companion, a dog, a horse, and this, I can distract any dragon long enough to kill it using arrows with potions of slow and poison.
Tonight will be spent on side quests, trying to find and fill as many soul gems as possible.

I wear the amulet of Mara all the time just to see who will propose to me. I don't know if there are any benefits to marrying one person or another. Thinking special weapons if marrying a smith, or more income from marrying a shop owner or something. I might just marry the next one who asks just to do it. I read there's an even higher learning bonus than the well rested 10% if you spend the night with your spouse.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #4877
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK View Post
Fought and killed a elder dragon at the college last night, after it was dead they all came and said wow, is it dead and I can't believe it, I thought thanks for all the help, all you mages were no where to be seen when I was getting burned to a crisp.

I had the opposite experience. After I passed the fear test I was following the gatekeeper across the bridge when a dragon showed up. She immediately hunkers down and powers up her spells. I start unleashing arrows as she's blasting the dragon with lightning bolts.

The dragon then landed on top of one of the towers and I couldn't get a shot at it. So I was running around trying to find an angle to shoot from, meanwhile the gatekeeper was still on the bridge still zapping lighting bolts at it. She kills it single-handedly while I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Finally figured out how to get up there and luckily it waits until you're close before releasing the soul.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #4878
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,506
Anyone here tried wabbajacking dragons?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #4879
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I think it's a game thing. I had to change the settings on my tv to see it all as well. And Yep, it's there in the bottom right of the screen telling you how many dragon souls you have, and I think it is X you hit to unlock each word. I played probably 15 levels while having 8 dragon souls, and 7 shout words learned before I figured out how to put them together.

Yep. My favorite tool as well. Between a companion, a dog, a horse, and this, I can distract any dragon long enough to kill it using arrows with potions of slow and poison.
Tonight will be spent on side quests, trying to find and fill as many soul gems as possible.

I wear the amulet of Mara all the time just to see who will propose to me. I don't know if there are any benefits to marrying one person or another. Thinking special weapons if marrying a smith, or more income from marrying a shop owner or something. I might just marry the next one who asks just to do it. I read there's an even higher learning bonus than the well rested 10% if you spend the night with your spouse.
And to think you originally weren't that into this game

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #4880
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
I seem to recall that using the shout in any populated village or city will cause a courrier to give you a location of another word of power.
When I used a shout in Whiterun a guard run up to me and told me not to do that again, it upset the locals.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #4881
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Quote:
They all helped me kill the dragon at the college.All kinds of spells being cast all over the place. Maybe they just don't like you.

Just be glad they didn't help you. They like to jump in front of your spells and get between you and the dragon, then as soon as the dragon is dead they'll turn on you and kill you because you hurt them.
It was night time, perhaps they were all in bed, the only one that hasn't been friendly is the high elf adviser.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #4882
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,661
Quote:
Anyone here tried wabbajacking dragons?
Sure I did. It kills, but the effect with normal people is just better.

Sometimes you get a neglected feeling, if a dragon swoops at you and gets distracted by a mudcrab. What am I? Unimportant?

Dragons aren't too bad. I got 60% fire resistant boots... I can get three good shots at them with a bow while they hover, trying to roast me. Doesn't do too much damage with good armor. When they land, the get dragonbane in their scaly asses.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #4883
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Man, I'm getting my ass kicked by anything with a sword.

My robes and hood are great for magic, but they don't do a damn thing to protect me from a claymore to the face.

So far I haven't messed around with wards at all. I prefer to have destruction on one hand and atronauch conjuration in the other--does anyone here use wards a lot?

I was switching the left hand to healing spells after summoning the atronauch, but that depletes magicka so quickly it seems a lot better to use potions.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #4884
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
Man, I'm getting my ass kicked by anything with a sword.

My robes and hood are great for magic, but they don't do a damn thing to protect me from a claymore to the face.

So far I haven't messed around with wards at all. I prefer to have destruction on one hand and atronauch conjuration in the other--does anyone here use wards a lot?

I was switching the left hand to healing spells after summoning the atronauch, but that depletes magicka so quickly it seems a lot better to use potions.
Wards work for 60 seconds. I use them when trying to level up my light armor skill. The dark brotherhood suit looks good, but doesn't do shit so safe your hide. I have to look in one of my houses for that nightingale armor... I hope I didn't sell it.

Try to find the 3 gauldur amulet pieces. When repaired, it gives +30 for alle three stats. You can also find armor that helps with magic. I got an ebony helmet with +60% magicka regeneration.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #4885
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Wards work for 60 seconds.
The wards I have just work as long as you hold the trigger. Are you saying you can get some that you just cast once and then they stay up for 60 seconds, like the shields from ealier ES games? Haven't found those yet..
Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #4886
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
The wards I have just work as long as you hold the trigger. Are you saying you can get some that you just cast once and then they stay up for 60 seconds, like the shields from ealier ES games? Haven't found those yet..
Oakflesh and stoneflesh is what I got there. They are under alteration. Armor +40 and +60 for stoneflesh.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #4887
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Oakflesh and stoneflesh is what I got there. They are under alteration. Armor +40 and +60 for stoneflesh.
Okay, I've got those.
But do they work if you don't actually have any armor? I just assumed they only improved the armor you were wearing.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #4888
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
Okay, I've got those.
But do they work if you don't actually have any armor? I just assumed they only improved the armor you were wearing.
IfI read right, they state armor points are added, not percent.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #4889
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 26,025
Still trying to find the Staff of Magnus.

I'm all about anything fire related. My standard is Flame Spell on the left and Orcish Sword enchanted with flame on the right. Flame Atronach or Staff of Flames when needed.

I like to have a spell on one hand and a weapon on the other at all times so you don't deplete Magika or Stamina too quickly, but don't listen to me because I suck.

I have some pretty good enchanted steel armor & helmet that give big bonuses to Health and Magika.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #4890
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,638
Quote:
10 Days As a Skyrim Widow: The Dark Side of Gaming Addiction
http://www.cracked.com/blog/10-days-..._ibsrc=fanpage

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: