User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #4951
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,684
I've got my smithing and enchanting up to 100, and I'm working on my alchemy now. I run a route of hitting all the cities with potion dealers, and buy all their ingredients, then sell them enough potions to leave them broke, spend a day or two doing quest stuff, then mix up all the ingredients I have and repeat.
The biggest problem I'm running in to is selling potions. With my enchanted items on, which are all alchemy +22%, I'm brewing potions worth up to $2K each. Even with buying all the ingredients they have, no one ever has more than 1500 or so in gold, so I'm building up a huge stockpile of potions I really have no need for, and no way to get rid of. I guess I'll just keep stockpiling them in my houses for later on.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #4952
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,425
Skyrim is a time suck, and it looks like it might have caught me. I need to figure out a quick way to get enough gold to buy my first house so I have a place to dump some of these heavy books I'm lugging around.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #4953
Crocker
Just passing through

Oddometer: 4,096
So, I wasn't planning on taking up enchantment as I'm not really into crafting but took blacksmithing up to 100 and made myself a nice set of daedric armor. Am I going to have trouble later in the game with just base daedric armor with no enchantments? I'm level 26 right now, so I guess I can still take up enchantment now and just not level up bow like I was planning on..currently I'm the typical sword and board fighter but dragons were pissing me off with their flying and landing on rooftops so I started working on archery.
Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #4954
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Skyrim is a time suck, and it looks like it might have caught me. I need to figure out a quick way to get enough gold to buy my first house so I have a place to dump some of these heavy books I'm lugging around.
Join the college and you get a free dorm room. That's where I keep all my stuff. Plus, the professors will buy all kinds of things.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #4955
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,425
O Rly???

Sounds like it's time to head for Winterhold.....
Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #4956
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
O Rly???

Sounds like it's time to head for Winterhold.....
If you are playing as a fighter, join the companions instead. They give you a place as well.

Not related, but I wanted to mention...
I took the xbox down to our other place this weekend and got to play on a well set up 42 inch plasma instead of the 52 inch projection tv I usually play on.
Santa may have to bring me a new tv.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4957
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Not related, but I wanted to mention...
I took the xbox down to our other place this weekend and got to play on a well set up 42 inch plasma instead of the 52 inch projection tv I usually play on.
Santa may have to bring me a new tv.
Good luck moving the old one!

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #4958
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

I don't think anyone is actually going to take this seriously, but it's apparently making the news.

Could playing video games make you a war criminal?
http://mashable.com/2011/12/02/genev...%28Mashable%29
The International Committee of the Red Cross is examining war games and whether they violate the Geneva Conventions
http://www.complex.com/video-games/2...a-war-criminal

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

I'm pretty sure that despite what the media might have us believe, this is more about asking developers to make their "realistic war games" more realistic with regards to consequences, and less about having us couch potatoes serve time in an international prison.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #4959
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Good luck moving the old one!
Hammer. Prybar. Shopvac.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #4960
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Skyrim is freaking HUGE, even compared to the previous games, isn't it? I'm only level 33 with 63 hours into the game, and I haven't even really started playing the main questline!

I'm not complaining...I'm just worried.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I'M NOT FINISHED PLAYING SKYRIM BEFORE MARCH 6TH, WHEN MASS EFFECT 3 COMES OUT???
Old 12-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #4961
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post

WHAT HAPPENS IF I'M NOT FINISHED PLAYING SKYRIM BEFORE MARCH 6TH, WHEN MASS EFFECT 3 COMES OUT???
I had that exact same thought over the weekend! I'm level 48, 80+ hours in, and like you, have barely touched the main quest line. Hell, I found out one of the towns on my map that showed as discovered was one that I did a run by and said I'll get back to later! That was another half dozen quests added to the list in ten minutes right there.

I figure one more day of playing the way I have been for the last (almost) week, and I'll have alchemy at 100 as well, and with everything I've been stashing at my house, I'll be able to bang out two full sets of super armor and a handful of weapons for my follower and me. After that, quests will become my main focus, and I should start knocking them out and might eventually reach the point where I can turn to the main story line and not feel like I've skipped too much.
As I said in an earlier post, this really could have been put out as three games. There is just so much content in it.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #4962
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

I haven't even visited some of the main cities yet!
I've only been to Winterhold to go to the college of Mages, I'm guessing there are probably some quests provided by that city.
I've never traveled to Riften or anywhere east of Whiterun. I don't think I'm anywhere close to finishing the Mage College questline...though I might be, since the Compainons questline was surprisingly short. Once I finish the Mage College, I'll start on the Bard's College. I don't have any skills at 100..my highest is conjuration at about 83. Destruction is about 65, the rest of the magic spells are in the 30 and 40s. Enchanting is about 65, smithing and alchemy are about 35.
Everything else is in the 10s or 20s.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #4963
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,429
Can anyone tell me exactly how to trap souls using the spell soul trap?

I have a shit-ton of soul gems but all are empty.

Also where do the Dragon souls go?
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #4964
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Can anyone tell me exactly how to trap souls using the spell soul trap?

I have a shit-ton of soul gems but all are empty.

Also where do the Dragon souls go?
The spell "soul trap" is a conjuration spell, so it's under the conjuration menu if you have already learned it from a book. It needs to be cast onto an animal by touchting the animal--you can't shoot it like other spells.

You need to have an empty gem of the appropriate size--you can't put a bear soul in a petty gem.

Dragon souls don't "go" anywhere---you just absorb them. They're not stored in gems. When you learn a new word of power, you can select it and then activate it by pressing X on Xbox or something else on other electronic things. This automatically uses up one dragon soul.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #4965
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
The spell "soul trap" is a conjuration spell, so it's under the conjuration menu if you have already learned it from a book. It needs to be cast onto an animal by touchting the animal--you can't shoot it like other spells.

You need to have an empty gem of the appropriate size--you can't put a bear soul in a petty gem.

Dragon souls don't "go" anywhere---you just absorb them. They're not stored in gems. When you learn a new word of power, you can select it and then activate it by pressing X on Xbox or something else on other electronic things. This automatically uses up one dragon soul.
Thanks mate. Just dinged 27...by killing a rabbit...for it's soul.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: