User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 03:12 AM   #4966
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
Took me forever to kill a rabbit with a bow. Damn critters are fast. Then when I was playing this weekend I was running back to Whiterun trying to get there before 8PM when I flushed a rabbit. I had this irrational hatred for it so I put on Sparks and ran it down and zappped it. Seeing it there laying on the road dead made me all sad so I wont kill any more cute bunnies for the rest of the game.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #4967
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
The spell "soul trap" is a conjuration spell, so it's under the conjuration menu if you have already learned it from a book. It needs to be cast onto an animal by touching the animal--you can't shoot it like other spells.

Ah. I never did figure that out. Once I found a bow of binding, that was my means to trap souls. I'm to the point where soul trapping is pretty unimportant. I've found so many gems, and since I have plenty of gold to burn, I just buy filled grand gems every time I find one for sale. I'm sure glad I didn't go back 8 hours of game time to get azuras star back.

Save $5 when you open your own smugmug account. Use code: DeAGMxYPTdjUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #4968
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Took me forever to kill a rabbit with a bow. Damn critters are fast. Then when I was playing this weekend I was running back to Whiterun trying to get there before 8PM when I flushed a rabbit. I had this irrational hatred for it so I put on Sparks and ran it down and zappped it. Seeing it there laying on the road dead made me all sad so I wont kill any more cute bunnies for the rest of the game.
If you pull up the stats screeen, you'll notice that it keeps track of this. It'll tell you the number of humans murdered, number of dragons slain (souls absorbed) and Bunnies killed. Apparently, these are the three most critical creatures in the game--none of the other creature kills are tracked.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #4969
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
If you pull up the stats screeen, you'll notice that it keeps track of this. It'll tell you the number of humans murdered, number of dragons slain (souls absorbed) and Bunnies killed. Apparently, these are the three most critical creatures in the game--none of the other creature kills are tracked.

Ahh, there must be an achievement attached to it.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #4970
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,488
Quote:
Tells a lot about the character of the player.
They are right up there with dragons in the work necessary to kill them. Those things are fast!

A number over 10 probably shows a serious attention deficit problem. Getting distracted even by bunnies.
ThePikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4971
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Ahh, there must be an achievement attached to it.
Oh....now I'm gonna go rabbit slaying! I hope it's a good achievement.....I'm gonna go all Elmer Fudd on Skyrim's ass!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #4972
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Oh....now I'm gonna go rabbit slaying! I hope it's a good achievement.....I'm gonna go all Elmer Fudd on Skyrim's ass!
Skyrim has a double barreled shotgun? Where can that be found?
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #4973
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
Skyrim has a double barreled shotgun? Where can that be found?
I did have a spell in Morrowind and Oblivion called the BFG9000...but no shotgun, unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #4974
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I figure one more day of playing the way I have been for the last (almost) week, and I'll have alchemy at 100 as well, and with everything I've been stashing at my house, I'll be able to bang out two full sets of super armor and a handful of weapons for my follower and me. After that, quests will become my main focus, and I should start knocking them out and might eventually reach the point where I can turn to the main story line and not feel like I've skipped too much.

I made it! Getting alchemy to 100 was a pain compared to the others, but it's there now, and I only have one more perk to get everything for the alchemy/enchanting/smithing maxed out. My outfit I currently use is alchemy +22%, so I may need to make a couple more sets before I hit max potential.

I really need to find a fix for the city I can't go back to due to a glitch. I now have three quest lines stalled due to me not being able to go back there and talk to anyone.

Quote:
I've tried to talk myself into appreciating winter for what it is: a brutally cold, bleak, dark, crippling, depressing, boring, endless hole in the calendar.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #4975
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I made it! Getting alchemy to 100 was a pain compared to the others, but it's there now, and I only have one more perk to get everything for the alchemy/enchanting/smithing maxed out. My outfit I currently use is alchemy +22%, so I may need to make a couple more sets before I hit max potential.

I really need to find a fix for the city I can't go back to due to a glitch. I now have three quest lines stalled due to me not being able to go back there and talk to anyone.
Are you playing on PC or console?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #4976
OtterChaos
Guzzi Guzzi Guzzi

Oddometer: 334
Sneak is getting up there at 93 now but archery is so slow to go up, I've reached 74 and it is the main weapon I use to kill things. Want to get both of those to 100 and fully skilled up and then I'm going to focus on enchantment and see about improving my quest armor that I'm wearing. Enchanting seems quite a bit easier to raise since I just gather gems and weapons/armor on side quests and then disenchant what I can and enchant any items I have left over, sell it all and do it again.
OtterChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #4977
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Are you playing on PC or console?

xbox. It's a well known problem. I had hoped the last update would have addressed it, but no luck there.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #4978
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,488
Great... somehow Vilkas died on me and now his dead body is following me wherever I go.
I just took him with me to have him handy when leveling up. He was my two handed teacher.

To get my pathetic Illusion rating up, I am casting muffle when walking around.
Works great.
I really have to work on pickpocketing and sneaking.
ThePikeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #4979
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Great... somehow Vilkas died on me and now his dead body is following me wherever I go.
I just took him with me to have him handy when leveling up. He was my two handed teacher.
I'm thinking about killing that bastard. He's glitched in my game and every time I go back to (whatever that city is), he follows me around and starts a talking dialog about every five seconds. I can't get him to shut up, or go away. He even follows me in to my house.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #4980
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Sneak is easily leveled by going into a room where everyone is asleep or can't see you. Activate sneak while walking into a wall, tape down the walk button, and go take a shower, take the dog for a walk, or go to bed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: