ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #4981
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490


ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #4982
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I'm thinking about killing that bastard. He's glitched in my game and every time I go back to (whatever that city is), he follows me around and starts a talking dialog about every five seconds. I can't get him to shut up, or go away. He even follows me in to my house.
PC to the front... I am thinking about reviving him. I think I killed him with the rather impressive storm I called. Am I wrong if I guess that the player is the only one able to kill companions?
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #4983
nadams
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Ber'ck, PA, USA
Oddometer: 538
*sniff*... I've been missing my PC since I'm out of town on business this week... Can't wait to get home Friday night and get the computer fired back up. Of course, I chose to purchase Borderlands the night before I left. Didn't even have time to fire it up once.

My laptop isn't good for much more than Bejeweled and Defense Grid
__________________
1967 Yamaha YDS3 250cc smoker - project of the decade
1981 Yamaha XS850S Triple! - current project
http://nadams.smugmug.com
nadams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #4984
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
Am I wrong if I guess that the player is the only one able to kill companions?
That is what I figure. I tend to kill my followers when attempting to sit back and use the bow and the idiots walk right in front of me as I'm releasing.


I just wasted a good couple of hours trying to fix the guard glitch with no luck. I tried everything I had read as possible fixes except joining the stormcloaks as I'm not sure if I want to yet. I have four quests stalled due to not being able to go back there.

Now that I'm not hell bent on increasing any of my skills, I'm hardly making any progress towards leveling. I guess I need to hunt down some dragons to help me along. I have two perks of smithing left to make dragon armor.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #4985
Shocktower
Beastly Adventurer
 
Shocktower's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Oregon City Orygun
Oddometer: 9,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
I think we're going to buy a 2nd xbox soon. The kids are getting pissed that we're hogging it up so much.

I have 2 and 2 MW3's and seperate accounts for XBOX Live ,btw I love MW3, but some of the guns need to be toned down they kil to easly, and the cheaters are in already
__________________
Alexa Drew Nov 9 1995- Oct 28th 2004 Miss you baby


'08 KTM 530 EXC
79 RD 400 Daytona
Shocktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #4986
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,660
IT'S ALIVE!

I feel like god now. Vilkas is back.

Open Console, click on Vilkas and type "resurrect 1" and he gets up.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #4987
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,425
I damn near threw my computer through the wall last night.....I went to start Skyrim and it wouldn't go past the initial splash screen. Thought the files went corrupt and I had lost 10 hours of gameplay.



Turns out that Steam was downloading a quick update in the background and I had to wait for it to finish.....
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #4988
ThePikeman
German n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Berlin
Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I damn near threw my computer through the wall last night.....I went to start Skyrim and it wouldn't go past the initial splash screen. Thought the files went corrupt and I had lost 10 hours of gameplay.



Turns out that Steam was downloading a quick update in the background and I had to wait for it to finish.....
Sure sign of an addiction.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #4989
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,425
I know!!!! I'm only 12 hours in and level 11....how bad is it going to be when I'm 100 hours in and level whoknowsbythattime????


***schedules daily file backup***
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #4990
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,506
I've started watching The Guild with Felicia Day. Just finished Season 3. It really makes me want to try out a MMORPG. I'm a little nervous, though, because it's the same exact feeling I get when watching Intervention that really makes me want to try crystal meth.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM   #4991
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I've started watching The Guild with Felicia Day. Just finished Season 3. It really makes me want to try out a MMORPG. I'm a little nervous, though, because it's the same exact feeling I get when watching Intervention that really makes me want to try crystal meth.
Funny series! I met the cast when I was at SDCC this year. She's also got a web series for Dragon Age as well.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #4992
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I've started watching The Guild with Felicia Day. Just finished Season 3. It really makes me want to try out a MMORPG. I'm a little nervous, though, because it's the same exact feeling I get when watching Intervention that really makes me want to try crystal meth.
Great series, and Felicia Day is super funny and fkn smoking hot.

I played Dark Age of Camelot from 01 to 07, so I can relate. No desire to try WoW, too cartoony. I get my MMORPG fix from City of Heroes/Villians, which I've played (casually) for the last 7 years.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #4993
tserts
Praise San Irritrack
 
tserts's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Yunanistan (Stans baby!)
Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
I've started watching The Guild with Felicia Day. Just finished Season 3. It really makes me want to try out a MMORPG. I'm a little nervous, though, because it's the same exact feeling I get when watching Intervention that really makes me want to try crystal meth.
Nice, thx for the tip!
__________________
BMW F 800 GS 2010 - My Brunhilde
New toys to brake!
Road Rush (Romania, Serbia)
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #4994
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.
 
Skippii's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 6,506
MMO gaming

The only experience I have with MMOGs is several years ago when I played travian. It's not a RPG--just a browser game where you cities and stuff and try not to get wiped out by other players. It lasts about 2 or 3 months and then one tribe wins. I played it for a few months, lost, and couldn't bring myself to play another round for several reasons.

First--just a small issue, but, it's a free game supported by things you can buy with real money, so the people that spend real money get a significant advantage. I think I'd rather play a subscription based game so everyone is on the same page. (I spent something like $20 over the two months--a few of my friends criticized that choice, but it was well worth it for the enjoyment I got.

The bigger issue I had with it is that how much you advance in the game is pretty much dependant on how much time you spend online--and this game takes a LOT of time. Don't log on for 8 hours? You'll miss the notification that you're about to get raided, and when you do sign on in the morning half your city has been burnt down.
I didn't mind setting alarms and getting up at 3am to defend my city, but when it got to the point that I was having to log on every 4 hours just to CHECK if I needed to get up and start gaming, I started to question my sanity. Things like work, college classes, etc weren't always enough of an excuse to be forgiven by my teammates for missing a raid. I'd get in more trouble for oversleeping in the game than I would at oversleeping and missing work--which starts to happen when you get up ever 3 or 4 hours.

So, if I was to join a MMORPG, is there any way to avoid that? Is it possible to be remotely successful in one of these games if you spend less than 8 hours a day gaming? Say, maybe 8 hours a week? What happens if I go on vacation?
Any recomendations for an MMORPG that I could work into my schedule, rather than scheduling my work and sleep around the game?

This is all just hypothetical, really. I'm sure I'll be playing Skyrim until ME3 comes out, and the expansions after that, so it's not like I'll actually be playing another game within a year or so.
Honestly, my main motivation for playing a MMO game seems to be that I'm not able to meet any (real, human) girls by playing Skyrim, and I want to start meeting girls as hot as Felicia Day.
__________________
"Umm be careful what you say, this is Skippii....
You may get it delivered in the form of a shake or some interperative dance routine that involves nakedness, pizza and a stuffed raccoon..." -DCrider
Skippii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 PM   #4995
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
The only experience I have with MMOGs is several years ago when I played travian. It's not a RPG--just a browser game where you cities and stuff and try not to get wiped out by other players. It lasts about 2 or 3 months and then one tribe wins. I played it for a few months, lost, and couldn't bring myself to play another round for several reasons.

First--just a small issue, but, it's a free game supported by things you can buy with real money, so the people that spend real money get a significant advantage. I think I'd rather play a subscription based game so everyone is on the same page. (I spent something like $20 over the two months--a few of my friends criticized that choice, but it was well worth it for the enjoyment I got.

The bigger issue I had with it is that how much you advance in the game is pretty much dependant on how much time you spend online--and this game takes a LOT of time. Don't log on for 8 hours? You'll miss the notification that you're about to get raided, and when you do sign on in the morning half your city has been burnt down.
I didn't mind setting alarms and getting up at 3am to defend my city, but when it got to the point that I was having to log on every 4 hours just to CHECK if I needed to get up and start gaming, I started to question my sanity. Things like work, college classes, etc weren't always enough of an excuse to be forgiven by my teammates for missing a raid. I'd get in more trouble for oversleeping in the game than I would at oversleeping and missing work--which starts to happen when you get up ever 3 or 4 hours.

So, if I was to join a MMORPG, is there any way to avoid that? Is it possible to be remotely successful in one of these games if you spend less than 8 hours a day gaming? Say, maybe 8 hours a week? What happens if I go on vacation?
Any recomendations for an MMORPG that I could work into my schedule, rather than scheduling my work and sleep around the game?

This is all just hypothetical, really. I'm sure I'll be playing Skyrim until ME3 comes out, and the expansions after that, so it's not like I'll actually be playing another game within a year or so.
Honestly, my main motivation for playing a MMO game seems to be that I'm not able to meet any (real, human) girls by playing Skyrim, and I want to start meeting girls as hot as Felicia Day.
The constant "arms race", grind to get the latest bling and overall attitude of the players exploiting, etc are why I quit Dark Age.

City of Heroes, however, is extremely user-friendly. You can put it down for months and get back without a hiccup. Great game if you like that genre. Crappy RvR/PvP though.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS = Priceless
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014