Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #5011
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I'm still trying to level up to take on some of the side quests.....tried the run through Teva's Watch against the Silver Hand in the Companions quests and got my butt kicked by a pair of mages, so I backed out and will go back for another try later.
That's one of the things I like about the game, it ain't run and gun like FO3. You need to plan, to pop potions, use cover, pick spells, etc. It's not a cakewalk.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #5012
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Why would you want to?

Skyrim just won Game of the Year at Spike's Video Game Awards. It's easily the best game of the last decade for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Decade is a stretch, and I think ME/ME2 trumps it for the character development, cast and story.

In Skyrim the situations grab you by the scruff of the neck but the overall "totality" of it all is kind of scarce. The freedom of movement and sense of adventure is amazing. It's like a MMORPG that you are playing solo.

Brilliant game, for certain.
agreed. I am still playing it way too many hours nearly every day, but it still hasn't surpassed ME2 or FO3 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman View Post
I finished the main quest... that doesn't finish the game.
After doing some 200 quests, I realized that there isn't a finite number of miscellaneous quests to be done so I started in on the major side quests. I'm the leader of the companions, mages, and thiefs, about done(I think) with the rebellion story line, and then will do the dark brotherhood. After that, the main quests will get worked on.

I finally was able to get the markarth guard glitch to go away, but ended up sacrificing Lydia in the process. I went and grabbed the next companion I found to go with me, and promptly killed her off too!
I need to be more careful with those shouts in crowded situations.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #5013
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
That's one of the things I like about the game, it ain't run and gun like FO3. You need to plan, to pop potions, use cover, pick spells, etc. It's not a cakewalk.

I sure didn't consider FO3 to be a run and gun game. That's COD and the like to me. I slow played FO just like I am Skyrim. One of the reasons I still like FO over this is the ability to avoid hand to hand, keep hitting the attack button type of combat. There's just times it's not an option in this game, but could be almost completely avoided in FO.
It's not such a big deal now that I have ungodly crazy armor and weapons, but I still prefer to sneak and long range kill.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #5014
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
We just got Just Dance 3 for our PS3. Surprisingly, I kinda like it. We ended up getting two Move remotes, but I'm not sure we actually have enough room in the apt. for two people to play at once

I've been playing multiplayer in MW3. Usually Ground War, which is pretty nutty. Finally transitioning into Hardcore games. You guys who complain about COD being run-and-gun need to play more Hardcore. No radar (except on UAV), no HUD, mostly 1-shot kills. Really slows the gameplay down and tenses it up quite a bit.

Big thing though is that I popped Red Dead Redemption in again the other night. I have 100% in the main game and Undead Nightmare but I'm having a blast playing the game over again. After wrapping up all the GTAIV expansions recently, I'm surprised again how much better RDR is. The Lost and Damned was fun and Gay Tony was goofy, but RDR is much more of an "experience".

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #5015
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I've been playing multiplayer in MW3. Usually Ground War, which is pretty nutty. Finally transitioning into Hardcore games. You guys who complain about COD being run-and-gun need to play more Hardcore. No radar (except on UAV), no HUD, mostly 1-shot kills. Really slows the gameplay down and tenses it up quite a bit.
Yep. Pretty much all I play is hardcore Kill Confirmed. I think my K is something like 0.5. But I get the most dog tags pretty often! I was never that good at getting kills in the normal modes, but would almost always have more assists than anyone else. Once I switched to hardcore my kills went way up. I am no Sandy Ravage, but I enjoy the game.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:09 PM   #5016
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I sure didn't consider FO3 to be a run and gun game. That's COD and the like to me. I slow played FO just like I am Skyrim. One of the reasons I still like FO over this is the ability to avoid hand to hand, keep hitting the attack button type of combat. There's just times it's not an option in this game, but could be almost completely avoided in FO.
It's not such a big deal now that I have ungodly crazy armor and weapons, but I still prefer to sneak and long range kill.

It's run and gun in the sense that I felt it was too easy. Skyrim, like ME, FORCED you to use tactics, cover and companions.

I walked around the wasteland in FO3/NV without fear of ANYTHING. That got old fast.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #5017
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
It's run and gun in the sense that I felt it was too easy. Skyrim, like ME, FORCED you to use tactics, cover and companions.

I walked around the wasteland in FO3/NV without fear of ANYTHING. That got old fast.
I can see your point if that is the case. I forget that I pretty much suck at these games. Even at level 40+, running around with two companions, I still avoid areas in NV because of deathclaws or cazadors.
My skyrim armor rating is something like 580 and I manage to get myself killed doing stupid things like trying to jump on a dragons back and stab it with a dagger.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #5018
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,506
Quote:
I can see your point if that is the case. I forget that I pretty much suck at these games. Even at level 40+, running around with two companions, I still avoid areas in NV because of deathclaws or cazadors.
My skyrim armor rating is something like 580 and I manage to get myself killed doing stupid things like trying to jump on a dragons back and stab it with a dagger.
Armor and weapons are for noobs.

I'm definitely going to have to play through this again as an orc warrior after I beat it, just to see how much easier it is...
I'm level 38 now and I'm starting to get comfortable with most anything the game will throw at me.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 AM   #5019
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
Armor and weapons are for noobs.

I'm definitely going to have to play through this again as an orc warrior after I beat it, just to see how much easier it is...
I'm level 38 now and I'm starting to get comfortable with most anything the game will throw at me.
That's where I'm at too, I no longer flee popping potions like a tweaker that just made a new batch of meth.

One of the things that's cool is the variety. I found myself playing a Dark Elf archer who specializes in Conjuration (entrouchs(sp)), destruction magic (flames) and wears heavy armor.

I'd like to try a S/S nord who raises zombies.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #5020
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,052
Sim Awesomeness

I stumbled on this while fucking off at work:

I used to really enjoy flight/combat sims. Something like this would be awesome. True, if I has this in my house I would never, ever get laid -- but it would still be fun.

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #5021
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

I give this guy an A+ for effort, and an A- for execution.

Not even my Civic moves that much under acceleration/deceleration/lateral movement. Way over-exaggerated. Would be totaly cool though, I would own one
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #5022
Chuck289
Air cooled

Oddometer: 2,239
MW3 Funny.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #5023
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I give this guy an A+ for effort, and an A- for execution.

Not even my Civic moves that much under acceleration/deceleration/lateral movement. Way over-exaggerated. Would be totaly cool though, I would own one
I'm thinking the over exaggeration is to give you the same G-force sensation as you would have in a moving vehicle, not to simulate how much pitch/roll there is in a real auto.
I'd love to give the thing a couple hours of seat time.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #5024
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Quote:
I'm thinking the over exaggeration is to give you the same G-force sensation as you would have in a moving vehicle, not to simulate how much pitch/roll there is in a real auto.
I'd love to give the thing a couple hours of seat time.
Oh I agree, just seems silly on video. I'll have to give it at least 6 hours of seat time to be sure though
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #5025
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck289 View Post
mw3 funny.
hahaha!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: