Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #5161
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 740
Saw that coming :/

I started playing Dead Island, not far into it yet, but god is it good...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #5162
jersey jim
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSteve View Post
Total respect for this point of view and billions of gamers obviously can't be wrong. Hell I've got 10 and 11 year old kids in my own house that prove it to me every day. And I know no one is "special" but I seriously do ot have it. I'm no world champ but I was pretty freaking good on the PC. With a game mouse and custom keystrokes I'm seriously lethal. And I'm 48 now. The KB/Mouse has been hardwired to my brain since prehistoric times (Shareware Wolfenstien years or so ). I'm not really interested in sucking that long and I can't even concieve of the level of thumb control to get aiming down at the speed and precision of a mouse. ugh...

anyway... I did some hunting and found this setup from Eagle Eye anybody have any experience with it? I'm hopeful.
http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Mouse-Ke.../dp/B0040UAYI4
This thing looks interesting:
http://www.splitfish.com/index.php/e...agfx-shark-360

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:24 PM   #5163
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,896
Well, after finishing Batman Arkham City, I started playing Fallout 3. Taking it slow as I want to do as many side stories as possible. Just finished the Oasis which was really easy. I've been wandering around the map unlocking new locations for the most part. Clearing out the sat stations and turning on the radio towers.

Haven't played BF3 since before Xmas. Actually haven't see the other guy's play for a while either.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #5164
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,798
I haven't played BF3 myself in a few weeks. I got drawn back into CoD. BF3 i think has the better graphics and gameplay, but... I really don't know. I am at the point that I am not that great at it, and every lobby I get into is full of people that have played non-stop since it came out. I spawn and die a lot

I know I could play it more and get better, but I think I enjoy MW3 better, even though it is essentially a rework of MW2, as far as looks go. It plays much the same as well.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #5165
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I haven't played BF3 myself in a few weeks. I got drawn back into CoD. BF3 i think has the better graphics and gameplay, but... I really don't know. I am at the point that I am not that great at it, and every lobby I get into is full of people that have played non-stop since it came out. I spawn and die a lot

I know I could play it more and get better, but I think I enjoy MW3 better, even though it is essentially a rework of MW2, as far as looks go. It plays much the same as well.
BF3 is a lot more fun with friends on Coms. You can then bitch about the toddler kicking your butt to your friends and they can take revenge or get killed as you tie up Coms
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #5166
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
BF3 is a lot more fun with friends on Coms. You can then bitch about the toddler kicking your butt to your friends and they can take revenge or get killed as you tie up Coms

I'm always the guy that runs out into the open and dies. Then I yell, "There's three of them on the 2nd floor, right side!" Then my more cautious clanmates pop up and nail them all with a single RPG shot. Seems to work well for us.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #5167
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post

I'm always the guy that runs out into the open and dies. Then I yell, "There's three of them on the 2nd floor, right side!" Then my more cautious clanmates pop up and nail them all with a single RPG shot. Seems to work well for us.
Yeah, I'm usually 'that guy' too. Playing with a team, keeps me from camping which is to say, I'm not safe. Although the new maps prevent this as there is no safe ground. Still haven't played the new maps much at all.

I also noticed everyone's sneaking up to my rank 45. I haven't played any since getting it.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #5168
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
Saw that coming :/
...and then I have nights like last night......ended up with a bunch of teams that had a pretty good clue of how to work together and had a few roflstomp steamroller matches mixed in with several good close ones that I ended up on the winning side of. At least my arty crew is finally coming up to speed...they're probably averaging a hit better than 2 out of every 3 shots in most matches now. Of course, the one time I really needed them to come through (me against a Tiger with 3% health), they came up short and he one-shotted me.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #5169
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 740
MN, I hear you brother, I go on binges of absolute hatred for that game, but im always drawn back to it. I have most lines up to tier 6 with some at 7. Which nation is your bread and butter?
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #5170
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Yeah, I'm usually 'that guy' too. Playing with a team, keeps me from camping which is to say, I'm not safe. Although the new maps prevent this as there is no safe ground. Still haven't played the new maps much at all.

I also noticed everyone's sneaking up to my rank 45. I haven't played any since getting it.
I absolutely hate the anti-camping mentality that games are designed around now.

It's like dropping 64 rabid badgers painted red and blue into a box.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #5171
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
MN, I hear you brother, I go on binges of absolute hatred for that game, but im always drawn back to it. I have most lines up to tier 6 with some at 7. Which nation is your bread and butter?
Been playing the US pretty hard....have both Stuarts in the stable (just bought the M5 when it was 1/2 price this week), M2 Medium, M37 and T18. Also have a Pz38t and T26 in there just for kicks. All but the M5 and M37 are elite. Right now, I'm just grinding them all to develop crew skills (and my skills) since I'm too cheap to pay actual money to get them all to 100%. Figure I'll spend the time now so I'm in better shape to transfer them later, besides, it's kind of fun to see my performance get better as their stats go up. Any advice or hints you can give me would be appreciated.....
Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #5172
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,278
Some nice Special offers going on this weekend for tanks prices are reduced.. I'm thinking of buying a StugIII myself.

I used the promo code from some online cheat site to get 3000 free gold for WoT, saved up enough money to buy a few tanks and upgrade all my tanks' crews to 100%.

Right now the Hetzler is my fav tank, with 105mm gun, crew with 100% camo skill, +60%, repair skill, I just camp-n-snipe, make decent amount of EXP and $$ every battle.

Long grind in my Russian tank line, been playing T-44 for little over 2 months now, EXP with free account is slow.. about 1/4 way to my T-54. Overall I find lower tier battles more entertaining. Playing MS-1 or T-57 arty more fun than tier 6-9 battles where Chinese tanks just appear by large numbers:

The free French tank and Tetrarch are not quite my playing style.. I got rid of them even though they were free.. but maybe getting them back just to get bonus battles for 2x EXP everyday.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 07:51 AM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #5173
urbanXJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post

eventually you will be able to do that with the MAV but not get killed, just keep pressing the Select button on the controller (or whatever button you use to "spot" enemy"

In fact, it's a good way to get points for Recon on maps like Wake Island K Island. And you can do it drunk.

ps, don't buy that stupid 2.99 skin pack. It is worthless.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #5174
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
The free French tank and Tetrarch are not quite my playing style.. I got rid of them even though they were free..
Same here.....although I did elite the Frog tank before I dumped it so I can go back into that line at Tier II if I want.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #5175
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
eventually you will be able to do that with the MAV but not get killed, just keep pressing the Select button on the controller (or whatever button you use to "spot" enemy"

In fact, it's a good way to get points for Recon on maps like Wake Island K Island. And you can do it drunk.

ps, don't buy that stupid 2.99 skin pack. It is worthless.
I have the MAV, but I rarely play recon. (I'm lvl 40 on PC.) It's just my play style. I'm the Rambo of the clan. We have the sneaky knife guys and the RPG whores and the M320 whores. We've also got guys with some serious skill. Me? I'm the guy running around in a support kit spamming ammo and dying in spectacular fashion. Sometimes, I'll jump into a chopper just to make my death truly awe-inspiring.

YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: