Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #5266
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadams View Post
SC2K was my favorite, and the original on SNES comes in second for me. I could never get into SC3K or SC4
Yep, SimCity 2000! I still wish I could play it, but I am not going to go through all the trouble. Plus, there are so many good games out now, I don't want to be disappointed, I would rather keep my fond memories.

I am looking forward to the new version though. Apparently, the makers/developers are trying to make it more like the originals, but with all the modern stuff that computers can do know. So far, it looks like they are doing a great job:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T70ev...layer_embedded

That isn't embedded for a reason, there are more videos on the new SimCity YouTube page.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #5267
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319
Awesome!

I didnt realize Maxis was still around.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #5268
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
I new my current PC could not handle the requirements of the game but I had to try anyway. It was a no go for me. I have started looking at new PCs for my near future.

How was it? tell me about it!
Wow, even with the settings turned down? I was playing it on my Mac Mini 2.66ghz Coreduo 4GB Ram. Geforce 9600. It was slow, especially when I was hosting. I was too lazy to starting up my gaming computer (4.2GHZ i7 6GB GeForce 560Ti SLI).

Overall, it was like playing Diablo II but with new graphics. Much of everything was the same. Well, except you have to create a Battle.net account as well as think op a Character name. 4 people can co-op which is nice. Although I do wish it was 6. The enemies scale up and down depending on the players so it's a good way for a novice to get exp. points. Stuff is divvied up automatically so what you see is what's for you alone.

Graphics looked good although again, I wasn't playing with everything cranked up. I do wish you could use the WASD keys to move rather then then use the mouse for everything though. It's sometimes a pain to pickup a specific item without having to pickup everything. If you don't hold SHIFT down you'll run instead of just attacking from afar.

I did have some problems following people though since my computer was slower. I'd fall behind and then lose track of them. There are markers but if you fall too far back or they just run past enemies you'll get singled out fast. Some of the enemies are fast enough to follow behind you nipping at your health. This is a real problem if you're not strong enough.

The only other complaint is no built in VOIP. This would really make the game fun since it's a PITA to chat and move at the same time. TS3 would be the next best thing though you'd be limited to playing with friends.

I've been watching the price of the game and it seems there's no sales anywhere. I ended up pre-ordering it from Battle.net since I can get the download ahead of time. It's a 7.60GB file.

I'm hoping to hook up with some more players here. I've lost contact with everyone from BF3.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #5269
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Awesome!

I didnt realize Maxis was still around.
Yes and no. They are EA employees now from what I understand, they are just working together to make the new game. I have no idea though how many of the original members are there, and besides, by now a lot of the new staff members would have played the game when they were 10. Should be fun to see what they come up with.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #5270
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,560
I bit the bullet and got a new gpu... A radeon 6870, at 150euros I think I'll be ok for a couple of years max out @1600*900...

MyKeyboardJust9aveUp.FML
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #5271
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Wow, even with the settings turned down? I was playing it on my Mac Mini 2.66ghz Coreduo 4GB Ram. Geforce 9600. It was slow, especially when I was hosting. I was too lazy to starting up my gaming computer (4.2GHZ i7 6GB GeForce 560Ti SLI).

Overall, it was like playing Diablo II but with new graphics. Much of everything was the same. Well, except you have to create a Battle.net account as well as think op a Character name. 4 people can co-op which is nice. Although I do wish it was 6. The enemies scale up and down depending on the players so it's a good way for a novice to get exp. points. Stuff is divvied up automatically so what you see is what's for you alone.

Graphics looked good although again, I wasn't playing with everything cranked up. I do wish you could use the WASD keys to move rather then then use the mouse for everything though. It's sometimes a pain to pickup a specific item without having to pickup everything. If you don't hold SHIFT down you'll run instead of just attacking from afar.

I did have some problems following people though since my computer was slower. I'd fall behind and then lose track of them. There are markers but if you fall too far back or they just run past enemies you'll get singled out fast. Some of the enemies are fast enough to follow behind you nipping at your health. This is a real problem if you're not strong enough.

The only other complaint is no built in VOIP. This would really make the game fun since it's a PITA to chat and move at the same time. TS3 would be the next best thing though you'd be limited to playing with friends.

I've been watching the price of the game and it seems there's no sales anywhere. I ended up pre-ordering it from Battle.net since I can get the download ahead of time. It's a 7.60GB file.

I'm hoping to hook up with some more players here. I've lost contact with everyone from BF3.
I do have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 but with intergrated graphics and Vista. I might be able to upgrade this older system but don't want to drop 140 to 220 on a video card, then get more RAM, better power supply, etc, and potentially drop 350 to 400 total and still have a system that could crap out from being old/older. My Birthday is coming up and the wife wants me to get a new PC since this one feels slow to her when she surfs the net.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #5272
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanCT View Post
Help me diagnose/troubleshoot my xBox and/or Skyrim disk.

When we try to play Skyrim, the game gets stuck indefinitely on the "load" screen and wont move on to game play itself. The game has worked fine until yesterday, and does not seem scratched or dirty. I popped in another game, and it fully loaded and played that one.

Is there a known Skyrim glitch? What could be causing this?

Edit: sounds like I'm in the same boat as El Guero.

Clear the cache and try loading the game to the HD.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #5273
warrior1677
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Nov 6 2012fingers crossed

"Ladies, if your man puts straight gas in a chainsaw, you have a girlfriend." gtn
warrior1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #5274
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Anyone see the trailer for Black Ops II?

The hell is goin on there?

Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #5275
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1677 View Post
Nov 6 2012fingers crossed
What happens then?

I just pre-purchased Port Royal 3... I hope its good
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #5276
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,756
Quote:

Yes I did and no I don't know what's going on there.
From what I've seen, I don't think I'll be buying it.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #5277
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
What happens then?

I just pre-purchased Port Royal 3... I hope its good
I still play Port Royal 2 and love it. I hope 3 is good too! Keep us posted!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #5278
jersey jim
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:

COD is about to jump the shark, that's what's going on.

13 HD Ultra Limited, 03 Yamaha Road Star Warrior ( for sale! )
jersey jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #5279
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 773
i'm going to heckled for this, i know but i just feel like it is a waste to pick up the latest call of duty:XXX. i don't play it online, so i guess i am probably missing that. i just really haven't felt wowed by a version of it since modern warfare. what are they up to now? future warefare in the past black ops seal team delta 6 edition?

I am kind of excited, my wife picked up sniper elite 2 for me today, though!
seuadr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #5280
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey jim View Post
COD is about to jump the shark, that's what's going on.
I think they did it with the first black ops.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: