Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #5341
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Fuck yeah. On the comp? Pffft better stock up on rations.

Give us a review when you come up for air.
Even with a horse it takes a long time to get around this place.

And snow trolls suck ass....

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 06-03-2012 at 08:23 PM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #5342
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Fuck yeah. On the comp? Pffft better stock up on rations.

Give us a review when you come up for air.
Alright the game is evil

The first few hours I played it I could go either way but now after a few more I'm about to head away for a couple days and need to pack and my mind keeps going...what about one more quest on Skyrim. It's like some crazy drug!

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 06-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #5343
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Alright the game is evil

The first few hours I played it I could go either way but now after a few more I'm about to head away for a couple days and need to pack and my mind keeps going...what about one more quest on Skyrim. It's like some crazy drug!
Told ya!

Wait till you get the really cool spells and can craft some sick armor and weapons.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #5344
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,539
Skyrim is definitely a game for winter.

Xboxers- got tired of the kids fighting over the one headset, so I bought another one, an Astro A40. It came with some hodge podge of connectors to plug it in to the controller. Seems like there should just be a single cable that works, not needing three adapters to plug it in to. Yay, or nay?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #5345
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Told ya!

Wait till you get the really cool spells and can craft some sick armor and weapons.
I went with a light armor wearing one hand weilding, back stabbing thief/assasin of some sorts.. never put a single point into magic yet, but im only level 41... Just finished the "hero of skyrim" line and took solitude... good quests.

Also just got to the nightengale part of the thieves guild line, and the quest to have the amulet appraised in the assasins guild... there is too many side quests for somebody with a touch of the A.D.D.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #5346
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Skyrim is definitely a game for winter.

Xboxers- got tired of the kids fighting over the one headset, so I bought another one, an Astro A40. It came with some hodge podge of connectors to plug it in to the controller. Seems like there should just be a single cable that works, not needing three adapters to plug it in to. Yay, or nay?
Mine has several cables...

USB for power,
Left and right audio for sound through the actual headphones,
and the plug for the controller (which is what handles the microphone).

Seems pretty standard from what I have seen. I bet whenever the new XBOX comes out (and PS4 for that matter) that there will be only one plug for headsets, or everything will be completely wireless (which is probably the route they will take).
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #5347
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Someone mentioned max payne 3 a few posts back, how was the single player campaign and the multiplayer?

What happens in bullet time in multiplayer?
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #5348
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
I went with a light armor wearing one hand weilding, back stabbing thief/assasin of some sorts..
I have two characters running in Skyrim right now....your typical heavy armor wearing Nord warrior/battlemage and a light armor wearing wood elf ranger....
Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #5349
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Someone mentioned max payne 3 a few posts back, how was the single player campaign and the multiplayer?

What happens in bullet time in multiplayer?
Single player is something else. I enjoyed it, but it's the same way you enjoy the other Max Payne games - it becomes a brutal slog through hundreds of bad guys. It's not that it's boring or repetitive, much the opposite - it just isn't a feel good game.

Multiplayer is fun, but the pace can be a little slower than something like Call of Duty. I pretty much suck at it, but it's still a good time.

Here's a quick rundown of how bullet time works in multiplayer: In addition to your health bar, you have an 'adrenaline' bar. As you kill people/loot bodies, your adrenaline bar increases. There are three adrenaline levels - 1, 2, and 3. Once you reach level one, you have two options: You can either use it to do a shoot dodge or a Burst, which is sort of like a killstreak reward.

The shoot-dodge is like in the single player game. You get to dive and the whole game goes into slow motion. Guys on your team get to move normally but the folks on the other team all slow way down, making it almost impossible to aim. The shoot dodges don't last long though, and if you don't kill your target you are then laying on the ground, pretty helpless.

As for bursts, there are different ones that give you special abilities that can confuse the other team or give you heavy weapons depending on the level of the burst. One of the burst is just pure Bullet Time. That one works like the shoot dodge, only it last longer and you don't have to do the flying leap.

It works a lot better than I would have thought. Matches never lock up into non-stop bullet time.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #5350
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Thanks mate, that clears it up...

I will give it a go...

I had enjoyed both prequels so I guess this will keep me busy as well...
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #5351
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I have two characters running in Skyrim right now....your typical heavy armor wearing Nord warrior/battlemage and a light armor wearing wood elf ranger....
I'm a light armor wearing wood elf right now but not sure which direction I want him to end up.....I've been using tons of magic lately. Reading over that last sentence holy shit I'm a nerd

Old 06-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #5352
GordonFreeman
Gamer

Oddometer: 1,417
Quote:
Told ya!

I spent an inordinate amount of time leveling up enchanting, potions and blacksmithing skills to make this ridiculously badass daedric armor and weapons enchanted with all manner of alt fire options. Crafted dragon plate for whichever companion I wanted to hang around. Nearly invincible. Still great adventures, but have played out all the main quests. Thinking these guys will release some DLC. Better be good given how long we've been waiting.

Fall looks good with Boaderlands 2 and the last Bioshock, thenDeadSpace 3 in Feb.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #5353
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I'm a light armor wearing wood elf right now but not sure which direction I want him to end up.....I've been using tons of magic lately. Reading over that last sentence holy shit I'm a nerd
I have the standard Elf Archer/magic user and Highlander dual-wielding warrior with archer/magic secondary.

Try as I might, I can't give up archery. The Archery mechanics...elevation, aiming, height, damage are just too awesome. Magic does not compare.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #5354
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Finished Max Payne 3 single player campaign...

Concerning the insane body count mentioned earlier, they probably did some research and asked what would players prefer: a. strategic gameplay with careful advancement OR b. bullet time carnage with tons of heads to shoot... Players went for the second...

It gets a bit repetitive, but on the other hand the game is very well built and manages to keep the player pinned...

The graphics are a marvel to watch, gameplay is smooth and efficient, bullet time is awsome... I was totally immersed into that game going up that hill in Nova Esperanca... Oh, the Portuguese swearing is another excellent part of the game.. "Vou te matar filho da putaaaaaaaa!!"

One thing puzzles me though, I finished in 3 nights (casual difficulty) and I really don't know what those 26Gb in those 4 DVDs had... Only explanation is that the videos were not rendered by the game engine but were rather HD video files, and there was a lot of that...

Overall a great game IMO.. Gonna get started on the multi now...
Old 06-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #5355
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Try as I might, I can't give up archery. The Archery mechanics...elevation, aiming, height, damage are just too awesome. Magic does not compare.
There is something incredibly satisfying about sneaking up to a firing position and dropping a bad guy from long range with just one shot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: