ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 97 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #5416
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 38,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Release is tomorrow. First new game I will have bought in months. Hope it doesn't suck. http://www.borderlands2.com/
Too many good games coming out right now!

Luckily I have an excuse not to blow my money on them....still need to finish the DLC's on the first borderlands and play through Assassins Creed Revelations before I get 3. Now there's a game I can't wait for, Boston is one of the cities

If you guys can hold out and want a ton of new games just wait 2 more months for black Friday at Gamestop, at least at home there is no rush and it was easy going in and out. I got GTA IV, Borderlands game of the year edition, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 20 bucks each and then a few used ones that were buy one get one.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #5417
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,480
If you're bored, broke and like first-person shooters, check out Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis II.

Based on the Crytec engine (Farcry) the gameplay, story and graphics are top-notch.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2009 Husky TE610 = Priceless
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #5418
justdrew
underpowered
 
justdrew's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: White Mountains, Maine
Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
If you're bored, broke and like first-person shooters, check out Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis II.

Based on the Crytec engine (Farcry) the gameplay, story and graphics are top-notch.
I picked up Crysis on sale on Steam for $7.50 a couple weeks back,
hi vis ninja is my Steam handle, besides Crysis, I'm currently enjoying Portal 2 and L4D.
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #5419
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,856
I played Crysis back in the day. Great graphics and gameplay in my opinion. Never could figure out how to get through the last bit of the game though, so I found codes for unlimited ammo and health. Its a video game, I've got no shame
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #5420
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Having a blast in Borderlands 2. Took the day off yesterday and me and 2 of my buddies just played until 2AM in the morning. It's a great game solo, even better if you have a party going.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #5421
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 5,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Having a blast in Borderlands 2. Took the day off yesterday and me and 2 of my buddies just played until 2AM in the morning. It's a great game solo, even better if you have a party going.
I'm really tempted to buy it... Must save money...
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #5422
justdrew
underpowered
 
justdrew's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: White Mountains, Maine
Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I played Crysis back in the day. Great graphics and gameplay in my opinion. Never could figure out how to get through the last bit of the game though, so I found codes for unlimited ammo and health. Its a video game, I've got no shame

As I'm currently playing Crysis, and I too have no shame, can you direct me to those codes, please?
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #5423
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish
 
DNFjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Having a blast in Borderlands 2. Took the day off yesterday and me and 2 of my buddies just played until 2AM in the morning. It's a great game solo, even better if you have a party going.

On PC, PS3 or Xbox?

I just got it on PS3 and like it a lot but have only played a couple of hours so far. This sunday looks like I might have a full day to play. I miss not having vacation time at work. I would have been taking a day if I could.

Joe
__________________
The journey is more important than the destination.
DNFjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #5424
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I'm really tempted to buy it... Must save money...
It's ok so far but seems more like an expansion pack for Borderlands than a second version. The art, guns and animations are the same. Even the bad guys are the same.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2009 Husky TE610 = Priceless
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #5425
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish
 
DNFjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
It's ok so far but seems more like an expansion pack for Borderlands than a second version. The art, guns and animations are the same. Even the bad guys are the same.
Being similar/same is not a bad thing here. I loved diablo 2, but diablo 3 did not wow me even with better graphics.

The game RAGE blew borderlands out of the water visually, but the game was so linear with missions it lacked the replayability that borderlands has. Borderlands 2 looks like a winner to me. What changes are you suggesting? Joe
__________________
The journey is more important than the destination.
DNFjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #5426
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
As I'm currently playing Crysis, and I too have no shame, can you direct me to those codes, please?
I have no idea where I found them now, it was several years ago. Google is your friend I seem to remember it was certain words that you entered on the chat screen. That way you could turn the codes on and off as needed. I may be wrong though, its been a while.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #5427
seuadr
Wee-stromer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids,mi
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
It's a great game solo, even better if you have a party going.
and that, i think is a big part of it's appeal.. specifically the fact that you can go back and forth on a single game/character. i haven't had much time to throw at it, but thus far i like it!
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #5428
Off the grid
Chaotic Good
 
Off the grid's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: That buzzing in your earhole, NorCal.
Oddometer: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
Being similar/same is not a bad thing here. I loved diablo 2, but diablo 3 did not wow me even with better graphics.

The game RAGE blew borderlands out of the water visually, but the game was so linear with missions it lacked the replayability that borderlands has. Borderlands 2 looks like a winner to me. What changes are you suggesting? Joe
/shrug
Different enemies other than Psychos or midgets with shotguns?

Just seems pricey at 60 bucks for the same piece of code, just re-written.
__________________
Wedding(s) = $30,000
Divorce(s) = $25,000
2009 Husky TE610 = Priceless
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #5429
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
I used to be a Vault Hunter like you, but then I had to go to work...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
/shrug
Different enemies other than Psychos or midgets with shotguns?

Just seems pricey at 60 bucks for the same piece of code, just re-written.


Have you played the game?

I'm at Level 15 now and I'm running into all new enemies all the time. With three of us playing, the difficulty ramps up, and each new enemy is like a mini boss fight.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #5430
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
On PC, PS3 or Xbox?

I just got it on PS3 and like it a lot but have only played a couple of hours so far. This sunday looks like I might have a full day to play. I miss not having vacation time at work. I would have been taking a day if I could.

Joe



I'm on the 360. If anybody wants to add me on XBL, same user name. We usually have a party going all the time but I'll drop invites if we have free space.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014