User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #5521
gugnheim
On the DL...

Oddometer: 164
Preordered Halo 4. Looking at the new need for speed.
Anyone else doing these?
Live-ps3 handle gugnheim
gugnheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #5522
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
It gets worse. I had over 120k socked away. Level 30...each revival is like 8k now. I've never really spent any of the eridium. Keep meaing too..just keep forgetting. Anyone buy that little $10 pack? You get a skeleton key and a mechromancer skill tree.
Weapon and backpack carrying capacity is very important, I can't believe you can go through levels with the starting backpack size, are you going back and forth to the vending machine?
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:57 AM   #5523
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Money problems...

You guys should set up a bank character. Power run that new character to Sanctuary. You can kite weapons/kit to that character for storage.

Play with a friend, give that friend all your money, switch to your bank character. Have your friend transfer the money to you. Now you're not risking your bankroll every time you die.

My friends and I already finished the game, so now we're replaying it in True Vault Hunter Mode. It's like 2x as hard. Hard enough that every other Bullymong is a Badass and respawning is a fact of life. We were losing 25k a pop before we decided to set up bank characters.

Anybody playing Gaige yet? I'm finding her the second most fun character to play (after melee Zero). The Anarchy stack damage can get pretty ridiculous.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #5524
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
Money problems...

You guys should set up a bank character. Power run that new character to Sanctuary. You can kite weapons/kit to that character for storage.

Play with a friend, give that friend all your money, switch to your bank character. Have your friend transfer the money to you. Now you're not risking your bankroll every time you die.

My friends and I already finished the game, so now we're replaying it in True Vault Hunter Mode. It's like 2x as hard. Hard enough that every other Bullymong is a Badass and respawning is a fact of life. We were losing 25k a pop before we decided to set up bank characters.

Anybody playing Gaige yet? I'm finding her the second most fun character to play (after melee Zero). The Anarchy stack damage can get pretty ridiculous.

I finished it with a Commando, then started again as a Gunzerkerker, got up to lvl 16 kept getting drops for this Mechromancer character. Hmmmm....did a little research, bought the DL, and BOOYEAH.

Gaige ROCKS!
Plus I love any action skills that are "added/droppable/spawnable" rather than gunzerking, etc.

I'm psyched, because the Gunzerker was like meh, and I was up till 4am playing Gaige.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #5525
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 776
no idea this thread existed!

anybody play Crysis 1 on the PC? there are several dozen badass mods for that game that are free to download and play. I've had it since it came out in 07 and still play an hour or 2 every day or every other day.

heres my new favorite im playing though this week.

Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #5526
Snarky
Vodka Infused.

Oddometer: 1,342
Wing Commander, Chris Roberts, and Star Citizen

I tried to see if someone posted about this yet. Didn't see one.

I'm a PC gamer, always have been. I got a custom PC, with a huge library, almost never touch the Xbox, never owned a Sony console.

I'm also a Sim junky. Or at least, I used to be. The simulation market has fallen on hard times, especially Space Sims.

I have fond memories of Wing Commander, Tachyon, and Freelancer. EVE Online, is less a space sim, and more a corporation sim. I dont have time for an induction into middle management.

Anyways. A few days about an Individual named Chris Roberts (creator of the great wing commander games and terrible wing commander movie) came forward with a bunch of demonstration material and a goal. Given his history with video game publishers (and them buying his companies and liquidating them), he wanted to create a crowd funded game cutting out the publisher as a middle man.

In 4 or so days, he's already received 6,600 pledges for $650,000, despite issues with his website. He needs at least 2 million to make it a reality, and he's go 26 days to get the rest.

If your a member of the PC Gaming master race, enjoy sci fi or space games, and want to dust off the ole joystick, head over to http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com and help make this project a reality.

Donate to the arts instead of cancer this one time. If you're thinking about building a PC in the future, help make sure it has something great to run. Save PC Gaming, help revive the Space Sim.

I'm just trying to get the word out to gamers that have missed the announcement. This game is going to both combat and/or trade oriented. Based on the the CryEngine 3, and most materials you see for it are rendered in the game's engine in real time.

Pledge today! Service guarantees citizenship. @ http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com Thanks.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #5527
Keyser Soze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Weapon and backpack carrying capacity is very important, I can't believe you can go through levels with the starting backpack size, are you going back and forth to the vending machine?
I was Not any more.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #5528
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I tried to see if someone posted about this yet. Didn't see one.

I'm a PC gamer, always have been. I got a custom PC, with a huge library, almost never touch the Xbox, never owned a Sony console.

I'm also a Sim junky. Or at least, I used to be. The simulation market has fallen on hard times, especially Space Sims.

I have fond memories of Wing Commander, Tachyon, and Freelancer. EVE Online, is less a space sim, and more a corporation sim. I dont have time for an induction into middle management.

thanks for sharing that, it is pretty cool looking! I used to play eve as well, i found that if you stuck to the low sec space, you could get along just fine without corporate politics. I had a group of guys i played with from time to time without a lot of requirements like that. I have to agree that it becomes an excersize in the mind-numbing once you hit 0.0 space, if you are trying to accomplish anything useful.

i still miss it, though. between work, full time school and family though, i don't have any time. it would be nice to have something that i could pick up and put down at will!
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #5529
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,133
The new XCOM is decent. The game has it's pluses and minuses compared to the original but it's a good spiritual successor.

It's also incredibly addictive and more than once this week I've sat down after work and the next time I look at the clock it's almost 1AM
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #5530
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,681
Borderlands2 peeps, if you aren't playing Gaige, you are playing hard mode. with Anarchy and some points in the robot, she is vastly OPed. I finished Finks Slaughterhouse without breaking a sweat.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #5531
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,973
I'm really enjoying Dishonored. I like the fact that you really have to think your way through the levels. You can choose to stand and fight or you can run away. It's not an open world but each mission takes so long to complete it doesn't need to be.

I was worried that I was approaching the end but there appears to be more killing in store for old Corvo.

As a side note the copy that I "preordered" through Amazon nearly two weeks ago still hasn't arrived. I guess it's a good this I got pissed last weekend and went to GameStop to grab a copy.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #5532
ScootTour
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I'm a PC gamer, always have been...
respect!

I dont game anymore but for decades it was PC game only, its the proper way to game
ScootTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #5533
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootTour View Post
respect!

I dont game anymore but for decades it was PC game only, its the proper way to game
It's changing though....lots of PC games are now using X Box controllers. There are a few PC only games but lots of the big ones are cross platform, it is basically the place for old school console style games though.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #5534
ScorpioVI

New code out (posted 35 minutes ago), but they seem to be having an issue with SHIFT. I can't try it out since I'm still at work...

Quote:
Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic

These codes are good for thousands of redemptions - one redemption per user. Should last two or three hours...
Quote:
Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic

WinPC: 5JKBB-RKTHZ-RTJBT-BT33J-WJRWW
PSN: K3WBT-Z95HT-FZT5J-HTWJB-ZFXC3
X360: K3WBT-Z95CX-BXX3R-CXTJB-ZFX95
And posted 14 minutes ago:
Quote:
SHiFT Status ‏@SHiFTStatus

We are investigating reports of difficulty accessing SHiFT and redeeming SHiFT codes.
Retweeted by Gearbox Software
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #5535
ScorpioVI

Upcoming SHIFT Codes

Quote:
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...-keys-incoming

This weekend, we'll be handing out SHiFT codes that can be redeemed for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2 on the Borderlands Facebook and Gearbox Software Twitter!

We'll be posting five sets of codes across 24 hours, specifically:

Friday, October 26 - 6PM CT
Friday, October 26 - 11PM CT
Saturday, October 27 - 5AM CT
Saturday, October 27 - 11AM CT
Saturday, October 27 - 3PM CT

Each code will be active for three hours from its initial posting and will be usable once per account.

To learn more about SHiFT codes, Golden Keys and how to redeem them, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: