ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #5656
Keyser Soze
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Denver/Costa Mesa
Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Yes she is. It almost makes the game to easy. When you start stacking Anarchy you can do some serious damage. I am making my way though the new Hitman right now. If you have not picked that one up, it is worth playing.

She does make it too easy. She's the most fun though. Her comments crack me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fi01jRHtSM#
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #5657
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Any of you guys that are playing Borderlands 2 and haven't bought the Mechromancer character DLC are really missing out.....Gaige is a Badass....
Does she come with the season pass? I'm waiting for that to go on sale to pick it up.


Also now that I'm playing the original Assassins Creed if anyone hasn't played any of them make sure you start with the first one. I'm not saying this because you need to follow the story from start to finish but that the Altair voice acting sucks so much compared to Etzio's that you'll be pissed off every time you hear him speak.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 12:20 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #5658
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Oxford, MI
Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Does she come with the season pass? I'm waiting for that to go on sale to pick it up.
Nope, she is a separate download....$10 on Steam.
__________________
'09 Kawi Versys
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #5659
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Nope, she is a separate download....$10 on Steam.
Fuck.

Oh speaking of steam after the holiday sale, latest humble bundle, and the big controller based game sale today my library has exploded and is pushing both of my computers beyond their limits.

So for the desktop right now I have a Quadro FX 580 which is 512 MB and 32 cuda cores, more than enough for photoshop.....not so much for gaming. So any ideas on upgrade? Not sure if I even need another Quadro so a consumer card might be more than enough. The only restriction is my power supply is 525W.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 01:30 PM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #5660
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Fuck.

Oh speaking of steam after the holiday sale, latest humble bundle, and the big controller based game sale today my library has exploded and is pushing both of my computers beyond their limits.

So for the desktop right now I have a Quadro FX 580 which is 512 MB and 32 cuda cores, more than enough for photoshop.....not so much for gaming. So any ideas on upgrade? Not sure if I even need another Quadro so a consumer card might be more than enough. The only restriction is my power supply is 525W.
How much are you wanting to spend?

I'd maybe look at the Evga 560 Ti if you're on a budget. For a little more you could get a 660. They require a min of 500w. You also need 2 6-Pin PCI-e connectors.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #5661
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
How much are you wanting to spend?

I'd maybe look at the Evga 560 Ti if you're on a budget. For a little more you could get a 660. They require a min of 500w. You also need 2 6-Pin PCI-e connectors.
The 2 connectors should be no problem, I have 4 open slots above the current 1 slot Quadro it's replacing. I'd say 250-450 is the price range, I know that's pretty big but at some point you start paying a lot of money for minimal increases and I'm looking for best bang for my buck.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #5662
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass
 
Jonnylotto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Sunnyvale
Oddometer: 14,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
The 2 connectors should be no problem, I have 4 open slots above the current 1 slot Quadro it's replacing. I'd say 250-450 is the price range, I know that's pretty big but at some point you start paying a lot of money for minimal increases and I'm looking for best bang for my buck.
I can vouch for the GTX670, in my case I bought the Asus Direct CU II GTX670

It's not a best bang for the buck card, it's an "almost all of the power without the price" card.
__________________
I'm done.
Jonnylotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #5663
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.
 
ScorpioVI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Any of you guys that are playing Borderlands 2 and haven't bought the Mechromancer character DLC are really missing out.....Gaige is a Badass....


Yup, got her up to Level 50 now and barely play my L50 Zero.

Gaige with electric Infinity pistol is just ridiculous. I just go charging in there with Deathtrap and everybody else complains that they can't see/can't get kills.

Anybody have an electric Baby Maker they're willing to dupe for me? I have pretty much all the Legendary weapons/shields/grenades to trade/with.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #5664
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
I can vouch for the GTX670, in my case I bought the Asus Direct CU II GTX670

It's not a best bang for the buck card, it's an "almost all of the power without the price" card.
After doing some research I think I'm going a step and a half down from there and getting a 1920x1200 IPS monitor to go with it (especially since these cards can run 3 monitors ). So the GTX 650 Ti is it, considering I only have 32 CUDA cores in my current video card this will be a nice "little" jump.

But the issue is which one, I've found 2 on New Egg which look to be the same card but with a 20 dollar price difference:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130841
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130840

And then Dell has a similar card but with only 1GB of RAM, I would get my next day replacement warranty on it so how much of a loss would the second GB of RAM be?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...862&acd=000003
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 10:13 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #5665
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
After doing some research I think I'm going a step and a half down from there and getting a 1920x1200 IPS monitor to go with it (especially since these cards can run 3 monitors ). So the GTX 650 Ti is it, considering I only have 32 CUDA cores in my current video card this will be a nice "little" jump.

But the issue is which one, I've found 2 on New Egg which look to be the same card but with a 20 dollar price difference:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130841
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130840

And then Dell has a similar card but with only 1GB of RAM, I would get my next day replacement warranty on it so how much of a loss would the second GB of RAM be?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...862&acd=000003
The more expensive card is SSC, meaning Super Superclocked in EVGA terms. It's overclocked from the factory. The core and memory clocks are set higher. I'd get the 2GB card though. It will help with newer games.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #5666
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
The more expensive card is SSC, meaning Super Superclocked in EVGA terms. It's overclocked from the factory. The core and memory clocks are set higher. I'd get the 2GB card though. It will help with newer games.
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to cards, will the kind of overclocking they do hurt reliability much? Or is it well within the tolerance of the chipset/cooling system?
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #5667
Jeffy
Hmm...
 
Jeffy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SF - East Bay
Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I'm a complete n00b when it comes to cards, will the kind of overclocking they do hurt reliability much? Or is it well within the tolerance of the chipset/cooling system?
Most companies have tiers. The top for Nvidia is the FTW. If the card fails these specs it's dropped to SSC or SC+, then to SC then to Reference. It's all within spec. if it doesn't fail the tests. Does it shorten the life of the card? Perhaps. Will you ever notice the difference, probably not. Keep in mind too that even though it's in a certain class doesn't mean you can't OC it further. This would be out of spec. but if it's stable then who cares.
__________________
"I'm going to shift gears now.... This will involve man touching." - Jeremy Clarkson
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #5668
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 36,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Most companies have tiers. The top for Nvidia is the FTW. If the card fails these specs it's dropped to SSC or SC+, then to SC then to Reference. It's all within spec. if it doesn't fail the tests. Does it shorten the life of the card? Perhaps. Will you ever notice the difference, probably not. Keep in mind too that even though it's in a certain class doesn't mean you can't OC it further. This would be out of spec. but if it's stable then who cares.
Thanks, and awesome avatar I just saw that episode a week ago.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #5669
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 7,970
OK, who has gotten into Black Ops 2?
Is it great, does it suck?

Worth $60 and the other $$ for DLC?

Some previews look good, some not so much. The futuristic thing is going to loose me if that is the main theme of the game.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #5670
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer
 
SJSharkfan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 626
Black Ops 2

Campaign is 50/50 2025 and 1980"s. I liked the future missions better. I would give the campaign 6/10. Too short and the plot is weak.

Multiplayer is in the future. Some new gadgets and guns. It takes a while to get a gun that is set up the way
you like. The good news is the grenade launchers are the last things you unlock. So no more noobs running around with them and scavenger. Over all I'm liking the MP. I was getting burned out on MW3 and BO. This feels fresh for some reason. I give it a 8/10

So I guess it was worth the $60. You know it will be on sale after Xmas, but you'll be way behind the curve. I bought the game 2 weeks after the release and I was getting schooled by the hardcore gamers that got it on release day. When I first started my K/D was around .40. Now after 2 weeks my K/D is usually 1.2. I can't wait for Xmas to slaughter all the noobs joining!
__________________
GO SHARKS!

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014