Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #5686
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,660
Planetside2

Anyone play the original Planetside? PS2 is out and it's a free-to-play game. My BF3 clan has been looking for a new multiplayer game to get into and we've started playing PS2 quite a bit. Lots of HUGE maps, with massive 100v100 battles. Teamwork is a necessity.

http://www.planetside2.com/
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #5687
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
I think borderlands is too big for it's own good. At least with all the DLC added. The boy and I had been team playing it for a few weeks, but it seemed as if there was so much to do, so many missions to go on, we end up just playing with no sense of getting anything done. It's gotten boring, and we haven't even bothered to play it in nearly two weeks. I never did get a real idea of what the main story line was supposed to be about. I guess it just got lost in all the other things given to us to do.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:50 AM   #5688
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
I think borderlands is too big for it's own good. At least with all the DLC added. The boy and I had been team playing it for a few weeks, but it seemed as if there was so much to do, so many missions to go on, we end up just playing with no sense of getting anything done. It's gotten boring, and we haven't even bothered to play it in nearly two weeks. I never did get a real idea of what the main story line was supposed to be about. I guess it just got lost in all the other things given to us to do.
That's exactly how I felt with the original. After a while you feel kinda lost. And not regarding direction.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #5689
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,345
Far Cry 3 kicks ass. I would go into more about the game but I don't want to give to much away. Go pick it up.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #5690
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
The boy got ACIII for christmas. I sat there and watched him play it for a couple hours yesterday. Wow, that's a neat game! It's more like an interactive movie than a game to me as it is very A to B type play which I don't get in to, but it is very entertaining, even just to watch.
I tried playing borderlands again, with no excitement being rejuvenated. I guess I'm done.
Far Cry 3 sounds like my next adventure.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #5691
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,084
Dishonored

Well, it still feels a little too much like a console port and I need to find a way to customize the controls as I suck in melee, but, the more I play it the more I like it.

It is a real challenge to try and get through without killing anyone; the one saving grace is the automatic save system is frequent enough that you don't have to step back too far to try again.

My middle daughter is not happy with the game. For some reason she wants me to play Corvo as a female. (I'm waiting for Lego Lord of the Rings to surprise her)
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #5692
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
The boy got ACIII for christmas. I sat there and watched him play it for a couple hours yesterday. Wow, that's a neat game! It's more like an interactive movie than a game to me as it is very A to B type play which I don't get in to, but it is very entertaining, even just to watch.
I tried playing borderlands again, with no excitement being rejuvenated. I guess I'm done.
Far Cry 3 sounds like my next adventure.
Just finished Far Cry 3. It is definitely not a game for kids, but it was a lot of fun. Very unique first person shooter.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #5693
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,368

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #5694
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,693
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #5695
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
Path of Exile....

If you liked Diablo but were dissapointed by Diablo 3, check it out...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #5696
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
New game based on the Cyberpunk Pen&Paper ruleset is in production. Teaser trailer:

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #5697
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

^Nice. Here is another video about it.

I like the fact that he mentions Blade Runner. This game looks amazing.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #5698
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Key chain bluetooth controller:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #5699
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,984
I was impressed with this. I wish they could tell you what it compares to. It looks like it's more efficient which makes it faster then the equivalent PC. If I can play the top games with everything on Very High and no lag, then I'll be impressed and may buy one.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #5700
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I was impressed with this. I wish they could tell you what it compares to. It looks like it's more efficient which makes it faster then the equivalent PC. If I can play the top games with everything on Very High and no lag, then I'll be impressed and may buy one.
Considering my video card is about the same size as that full box I doubt it. Notice how small that area is for the video card, they might be able to fit in something like a GTX650.

I can play Assassins Creed III with the smallest bit of lag in the most complex environments with everything maxed out, and this is the size of the GTX660 I'm using:

I think the goal for this will be cost since if I have a piston for use with steam then in 2-3 years I can upgrade the graphics card for ~100 bucks (if it's around the GTX650 level) and keep the system going.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: