Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #5896
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post

That just looks like BF3 to me. It's prolly just an extension of the game.

I wouldnt think it would be that difficult to use the same engine and come up with new storylines etc....they've probably been testing it for quite some time now
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is

eatpasta screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 07:22 PM
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #5897
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,687
Who can school me on black ops 2 on the xbox? The boy got me sucked in to playing with him and now I'm addicted. I suck, but figure it's quality time with the lad.
What's the best setup for guns and perks? I need something with the firepower of the 50, but the speed of the uzi, and self guiding bullets or something. Oh yeah, and a really good bullet prof vest.
Other than spending eight hours a day playing, any way to move out of noob status faster?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #5898
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Who can school me on black ops 2 on the xbox? The boy got me sucked in to playing with him and now I'm addicted. I suck, but figure it's quality time with the lad.
What's the best setup for guns and perks? I need something with the firepower of the 50, but the speed of the uzi, and self guiding bullets or something. Oh yeah, and a really good bullet prof vest.
Other than spending eight hours a day playing, any way to move out of noob status faster?
Play in the training mode. There isn't one great load out, each is good for certain situations, but any submachine gun, with a decent sight and a foregrip should do you well.
A secondary weapon only takes away a spot on your load out . Go with bouncing betties and shock grenades.

Get used to dying, n00bs are meat.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #5899
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatpasta View Post
That just looks like BF3 to me. It's prolly just an extension of the game.

I wouldnt think it would be that difficult to use the same engine and come up with new storylines etc....they've probably been testing it for quite some time now
New engine, and it looks to have a few more effects than BF3. And for me coming from BF3 on XBox it'll be a HUGE jump.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #5900
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
It's a COD game....the bad news is you really need to play, play, and play. I had surgery and while laid up for a month played the hell out of MW2 and even on heavy duty opiates would get in the top 3

When my friend got MW3 I jumped online for 30 minutes and sucked the first round but then was within the top 3 for most of the others I played.

And with the recent free multiplayer on Black Ops 2 I played on the PC with an XBox controller and still placed mid level, and then higher once I got used to the sky high sensitivity level you need to be at to deal with the WASD/mouse crowd.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #5901
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 9,059
I'm slowly working with some of my nerd friends on getting some toons built up in planetside 2.

We just can't seem to find a team based game that we all like these days.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #5902
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Play ten hours a day?
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #5903
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,210
Quote:
New engine, and it looks to have a few more effects than BF3. And for me coming from BF3 on XBox it'll be a HUGE jump.
interesting.....interesting....

I may have to get that. I've really only started to play BF3. Ive only got 3 or 400 hours logged

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #5904
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
I play BO-2 a lot, probably too much. Here's what I've found that helps me.

There is a hierarchy(?) of what gun wins a shoot out given both players are aiming on target. Kind of distance versus speed.

Pistol vs AR - short distance pistol wins, long distance AR wins. Sub machine guns fall in the middle and are a good compromise. Basically, have the gun out that fits the distance. Tight quarters= short gun. Open distance= long gun.

The guns I use most-
Pistol- B23R with a long barrel if you have the slot open.
SMG- Peacekeeper-laser/quick draw/suppressor or Target Finder/long barrel
AR-M27 TF/supressor/Full Metal Jacket or TF/noob tube(grenade launcher)
AR/Sniper FAL- TF/Supp/FMJ crazy good at distance
LMG-LSAT TF/grip/FMJ
Sniper -Never use them. Previous games I would be the guy players would yell at at the end of the game. Don't like them on BO/2 FAL is just as good

Perks, Here's what I use on all my classes
Blind eye- don't get killed by air assets/UAV
Cold Blood-you don't show up when targeted by players I don't know why more players don't use this.
Engineer-You can see equipment, betties/claymores etc. also delays tripping them so you can run past before they trip and kill the noob, sorry, unaware player who thinks they're safe. I hate getting killed by equipment.

Misc. equipment.

EMP grenade. Great way to piss players off by destroying their equipment and kill streaks
Black Hat. Great way to piss off players by hacking their stuff and making it yours.

Kill streaks.

UAV - Hunter killer - Lightning strike

Go with what works for you. I stopped using Care Package, I would always get killed retrieving them.

Things noobs don't realize.

FMJ will shoot through most walls
Engineer lets you run past equipment
Pistols kick ass at close range (probably the best advice I can give)
Running around corners is a good way to get killed. When going around corners, slow down and get your gun up

BTW I *ONLY* play Hardcore type games. I like the more realistic play and skill. Other than that, learn the maps and the areas that players like work. I alway try to figure out the style of the team I'm playing against. Run and Gun, Camp and Snipe or Area control. Tailor your gun class to the type of map you're playing.

And PRACTICE!

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #5905
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post
BTW I *ONLY* play Hardcore type games. I like the more realistic play and skill.
And PRACTICE!
This

I can't stand unloading an entire clip into someone on the normal game modes, and they do not drop

Hard core only takes a couple of bullets in most cases. There are guys on youtube getting over 100 kills in the normal modes, and I can not figure out how they do it (other than they are very good, they anticipate where the enemy will be, and in most cases the controller sensitivity is very high).

Oh, watching some of the guys on Youtube that are very good has helped me. SandyRavage, Chris Smooth, the markofj, etc... I will never be as good as them, but you can learn from them
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #5906
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Quickest way to prestige up on black ops 2 is to play domination. Use dual perks on first class.

Gun: Lsat with Target Finder and Silencer
Equipment: C4
Smoke Grenade
SMAW launcher

Class 1: Ghost and flack jacket.
Class 2: Toughness
Class 3: Tactical Mask

Capture B, and then spawn trap them back at their side of the map.

If you are not going to play hardcore, you want to run toughness as a perk.

If you decide on hardcore, swap that with cold blooded.

I like playing hardcore, but keep in mind you are months behind where everyone else is and campers will be hard for you to find.

Hardcore is all about getting bullets on target as quick as possible. SMGs rule hardcore on most maps. If you decide to run anything besides an smg, you are going to need to put Dexterity and a fast grip on your gun or the smg guys will eat you up.

Learn where the spawns are, if you are not playing hardcore, look at the mini map. Where all your guys are on the map, you can pretty much guarantee the others guys are spawning at the other side.

Where you start on a map, is a spawn point.

Cheapest gun in the game, and the one I have the most kills with, is the Peacekeeper. You want to use this gun, master it. It is powerful and as accurate as a assault rifle, with the quick handling of an smg.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #5907
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Quickest way to prestige up on black ops 2 is to play domination. Use dual perks on first class.

Gun: Lsat with Target Finder and Silencer
Equipment: C4
Smoke Grenade
SMAW launcher

Class 1: Ghost and flack jacket.
Class 2: Toughness
Class 3: Tactical Mask

Capture B, and then spawn trap them back at their side of the map.

If you are not going to play hardcore, you want to run toughness as a perk.

If you decide on hardcore, swap that with cold blooded.

I like playing hardcore, but keep in mind you are months behind where everyone else is and campers will be hard for you to find.

Hardcore is all about getting bullets on target as quick as possible. SMGs rule hardcore on most maps. If you decide to run anything besides an smg, you are going to need to put Dexterity and a fast grip on your gun or the smg guys will eat you up.

Learn where the spawns are, if you are not playing hardcore, look at the mini map. Where all your guys are on the map, you can pretty much guarantee the others guys are spawning at the other side.

Where you start on a map, is a spawn point.

Cheapest gun in the game, and the one I have the most kills with, is the Peacekeeper. You want to use this gun, master it. It is powerful and as accurate as a assault rifle, with the quick handling of an smg.
One thing that pisses me off about BO2 and MW3 is the maps don't have nearly as many good maps for LMG's. I was a beast on MW2 with my scoped LMG.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #5908
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
One thing that pisses me off about BO2 and MW3 is the maps don't have nearly as many good maps for LMG's. I was a beast on MW2 with my scoped LMG.
Yep, the RPD was insane.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #5909
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Couple more notes. Don't be the noob that keeps running to his death, patience goes a long way. And guys that play a lot of hardcore will hear you before they see you most of the time. The ninja perk is important on hardcore.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #5910
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
I'm slowly working with some of my nerd friends on getting some toons built up in planetside 2.

We just can't seem to find a team based game that we all like these days.

I just hit Level 45 last night. The game just satisfies my ADD-ness, it's so multi-dimentional . I'm certed into all classes of Infantry and all my vehicles are certed pretty good too, with special emphasis on the Reaver fighter and Vanguard tank.

I pretty much use death as an excuse to switch classes or vehicles.

I still got friends stuck on Black Ops or Battlefield but I can't go back to those games, it's so boring compared to Planetside 2.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: