Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #6016
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
, looks like I'm not getting that one.

Though I keep thinking of more and more games I should get. Since I can get obsessed with Skyrim would Fallout be an easy transition? And should I get 3 or New Vegas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
I really hope that I wont get the badge either. I never played fallout but I was eying it as well would love to hear some opinions before the sale ends.

You have your vote.
Fallout 3. Yes.

And the boy absolutely hooked me on this damn Day Z. Just spent five hours of a beautiful Saturday morning playing it. I started of just sitting here helping him, then he left to go to a friends house, and I somehow managed to go another two hours before stopping.
Little bastard now has me listing crap for sale on craigslist with the intention of buying a second gaming computer so we can team play this one. I'm screwed.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #6017
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Oh you are going to love it! About midway you WILL get frustrated, but just think it through and keep going. The further you get, the easier it gets.

Yeah I was LEV 70 on BL1. Played through the game 2.5 times. I never played MP on BL1 or BL2 as it's full of cheats and ingrates. Especially if you play PC. Guys get into the code real easy and make weps that don't even exist...

Or they will snatch up all the good shit and bail.

I like the BL platform as campaign only and I have defeated all Bosses without cheating so don't think you can't.

Peace Out!
Cris
I'm at LvL 7 now. Took me a good few minutes to just decide on which character I wanted to play. I usually play the Sniper but I wanted something a bit more challenging so I went with the Siren this time.

Wish I could find some BL2 players I know. I hate playing with unknowns with no com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Fallout 3. Yes.

And the boy absolutely hooked me on this damn Day Z. Just spent five hours of a beautiful Saturday morning playing it. I started of just sitting here helping him, then he left to go to a friends house, and I somehow managed to go another two hours before stopping.
Little bastard now has me listing crap for sale on craigslist with the intention of buying a second gaming computer so we can team play this one. I'm screwed.
Think of it as Father and Son time. I never got into Dayz but I've been playing ArmA since A1 and have A3. Problem is half my gang are gone must of the time. Which is why I've started play BL2. F'them.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #6018
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,626
It's at full price right now (10 dollars) so I'd keep an eye out for another sale but FEZ is one of the best games I've played in a long time. Seriously if you played NES/TG16 games check it out! It takes a ton from those older games and adds in a lot of new features.

Also VVVVVV is only 2.50 right now, I've talked about it before and it really is minimalist graphics going back more to the Atari era but this is a lot of fun and as the reviewer says in the beginning addictive. Oh and it has the best chip tune music I've heard in a game:

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 06:00 PM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #6019
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post

Think of it as Father and Son time. I never got into Dayz but I've been playing ArmA since A1 and have A3. Problem is half my gang are gone must of the time. Which is why I've started play BL2. F'them.
Crap. Steam sale has the ArmA game with add ons I need to play Dayz on sale for $8. I can't say no to that since the boy paid $25 a week or so ago. Created my own account and got it. Also grabbed fallout new vegas with all the add ons for another $5. I've played it on xbox, but didn't play any of the ad ons. Should be a good introduction to learning the mouse/keyboard controls vs xbox controller. Wrong time of year to get sucked down this path.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #6020
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Crap. Steam sale has the ArmA game with add ons I need to play Dayz on sale for $8. I can't say no to that since the boy paid $25 a week or so ago. Created my own account and got it. Also grabbed fallout new vegas with all the add ons for another $5. I've played it on xbox, but didn't play any of the ad ons. Should be a good introduction to learning the mouse/keyboard controls vs xbox controller. Wrong time of year to get sucked down this path.
If you don't want to deal with WASD and have a wired xbox controller you can just plug it in and most games will recognize it.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
Old 07-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #6021
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,891
I have some time to kill, so I bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition and Far Cry 3.

I've not opened Far Cry 3 yet- but I have been enjoying RDR. Reminds me a little bit of a Skyrim, although frankly it could use more RTS development. I like riding around the area, though on horseback- it's just fun. LOL

This reminds me of why I don't think I'll be getting the ExBone- frankly, there are a ton of 360 games I've nt yet played that I can pick up and play for quite some time. I'll miss much of the online game play if my friends move on- but most of my regular posse" are planning on either sticking with BF3 for a while, or are taking a full on break to do real life activities.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #6022
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Here's something weird, I bought Ace Combat on steam for the PC which ties into a microsoft live account (same as XBox live tag) and when I went on my Xbox and opened up "recent" to go on an app the PC game showed up and I guess the achievement points go on my XBox account as well.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #6023
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Cris, that's the dangers you face when you play with people you don't know. When you play BL and BL2 with guys you know, it's a riot.....
Yeah I can imagine Co-op would be fun with Buddies. The loot should be a lot better too.

At this point I am about as high a level as is possible and I have all the Legendary (orange) weapons I have any interest in acheiving, so I kinda got bored with the game.

Quote:
I'm at LvL 7 now. Took me a good few minutes to just decide on which character I wanted to play. I usually play the Sniper but I wanted something a bit more challenging so I went with the Siren this time.

Wish I could find some BL2 players I know. I hate playing with unknowns with no com.
Siren is claimed to be the best all-rounder as she does well with all weapons and her special skill can be powerful.

Word of warning for BL2ers, back up your progress on USB drives as there have been many reports of glitching whereby folks lost their progress and weapons. Granted this is primarily prior to the more recent updates, and since it takes such a long time to make progress in the game, backups are quick and easy.

Cris
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #6024
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Here's something weird, I bought Ace Combat on steam for the PC which ties into a microsoft live account (same as XBox live tag) and when I went on my Xbox and opened up "recent" to go on an app the PC game showed up and I guess the achievement points go on my XBox account as well.
Didn't know Ace Combat did it, but Microsoft Flight does the same thing.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #6025
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,145
Not really in line with the typical stuff in this thread, but is anyone planning on getting Grand Theft Auto V?

Looks like it will be the last big hurrah for the Xbox 360.

It also looks like a lot of fun, and a HUGE world.

I bought GTA4 but never liked it for some reason. It felt totally wrong, taking itself too seriously to be a GTA game. Never beat it, and that was after hundreds of hours (thousands?) into the GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Still waffling if I want to give V a try.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #6026
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Not really in line with the typical stuff in this thread, but is anyone planning on getting Grand Theft Auto V?

Looks like it will be the last big hurrah for the Xbox 360.

It also looks like a lot of fun, and a HUGE world.

I bought GTA4 but never liked it for some reason. It felt totally wrong, taking itself too seriously to be a GTA game. Never beat it, and that was after hundreds of hours (thousands?) into the GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas.

Still waffling if I want to give V a try.
GTA V from what I'm hearing is going to be even more "realistic" if you buy a car and park it randomly on the street it can be ticketed and towed. There's going to be a stock market, and tons of other features.

If you want the older style GTA play...taken to another level of absurdity but still a lot of fun try Saints Row The Third it also makes GTA look like a E rated game

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #6027
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Yeah I can imagine Co-op would be fun with Buddies. The loot should be a lot better too.

At this point I am about as high a level as is possible and I have all the Legendary (orange) weapons I have any interest in acheiving, so I kinda got bored with the game.

Siren is claimed to be the best all-rounder as she does well with all weapons and her special skill can be powerful.

Word of warning for BL2ers, back up your progress on USB drives as there have been many reports of glitching whereby folks lost their progress and weapons. Granted this is primarily prior to the more recent updates, and since it takes such a long time to make progress in the game, backups are quick and easy.

Cris
I had that happen already BUT there was a work around for it. It was the mission where you have to investigate the mysterious machine. You have to kill 25 enemies in a certain zone with a certain gun. Well, I fell back too far and was short about 5. I ended up going off that map and then returning. So some of the enemy in that area returned and I was able to finish.

I've also noticed if you do a mission buy don't leave it and then backtrack the sub-boss sometimes come back to life. I've seen sub-bosses respawn in several areas.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #6028
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
I had that happen already BUT there was a work around for it. It was the mission where you have to investigate the mysterious machine. You have to kill 25 enemies in a certain zone with a certain gun. Well, I fell back too far and was short about 5. I ended up going off that map and then returning. So some of the enemy in that area returned and I was able to finish.

I've also noticed if you do a mission buy don't leave it and then backtrack the sub-boss sometimes come back to life. I've seen sub-bosses respawn in several areas.
Not sure about the PC version, but the bosses in the Xbox 360 version will respawn even if you turn in the quest. They drop the legendary weapons like the Infinity Pistol.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #6029
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
Not sure about the PC version, but the bosses in the Xbox 360 version will respawn even if you turn in the quest. They drop the legendary weapons like the Infinity Pistol.
+1
Yup...

A good way to build XP!

BTW
Infinity pistol is dropped by Doc mercy yet has the lowest drop rate in the game! Not sure if you were aware of that but that's one of the Legendaries I gave up on farming due to that prick!!!

I have a slew of weps that will kill that sumbitch from across the map with 1 shot but he never drops for me and I am sick and damn tired!!

All this talk is making wanna play this game again!
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #6030
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,345
I love Faster Than Light. It's so deceptively simple yet incredibly complex, even on Easy.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: