User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #6031
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
I love Faster Than Light. It's so deceptively simple yet incredibly complex, even on Easy.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #6032
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
+1
Yup...

A good way to build XP!

BTW
Infinity pistol is dropped by Doc mercy yet has the lowest drop rate in the game! Not sure if you were aware of that but that's one of the Legendaries I gave up on farming due to that prick!!!

I have a slew of weps that will kill that sumbitch from across the map with 1 shot but he never drops for me and I am sick and damn tired!!

All this talk is making wanna play this game again!
If it makes you feel any better I had 3 of them.

Now that I think about it I am not sure how that would make you feel any better.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #6033
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
If it makes you feel any better I had 3 of them.

Now that I think about it I am not sure how that would make you feel any better.
Haha!

Arguably the best weapon in the game but I wouldn't know for sure! You are stylin'!!

Although it seems like some of the stuff everyone was gaga over, I dint really like.

For instance, I have a Flakker and I don't think it's worth a shit. Same with the Conference Call although that's post Nerf...
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #6034
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Haha!

Arguably the best weapon in the game but I wouldn't know for sure! You are stylin'!!

Although it seems like some of the stuff everyone was gaga over, I dint really like.

For instance, I have a Flakker and I don't think it's worth a shit. Same with the Conference Call although that's post Nerf...
The Infinity pistol was epic until they released 2.5, then they nerfed it with a widened shot and made the spray form an infinity symbol which made shooting it a pain in the ass. No more camping the Rakks in The Warriors Lair for XP

The longbow was pretty cool, the crit damage was insane but the shot was too slow to be used as a main weapon.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #6035
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,706
In BL and BL2 I find myself keeping the weapons I like, regardless of DPS. It can be the most badass gun but if it sounds wrong or looks wrong I sell it. I really hate those Hyperion pistols that have stabilizers.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #6036
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
Question for those with PS3 experience....

....in the Next Generation console issue- frankly the more I read about it, the more I think the PS4 would be the oe of the two new consoles that I would buy.

That said, a friend indicated that he had multiple problems with multiple PS3's.

any thoughts or insight on the issue?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #6037
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
In BL and BL2 I find myself keeping the weapons I like, regardless of DPS. It can be the most badass gun but if it sounds wrong or looks wrong I sell it. I really hate those Hyperion pistols that have stabilizers.
I tend to move up but I've found a basic TMP that works rather well though. With limited slots I'm always selling off or dropping guns though.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #6038
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX View Post

....in the Next Generation console issue- frankly the more I read about it, the more I think the PS4 would be the oe of the two new consoles that I would buy.

That said, a friend indicated that he had multiple problems with multiple PS3's.

I've had my PS3 for 6 years. Couple of years back the DVD stopped working. I looked online and found a video on how to replace the drive. I decided to take it apart first before buying the replacement drive just to see if was as easy as the video implied. The inside of the case was very dusty and I simply vacuumed everything and it started working again and hasn't failed again.

I will probably wait to buy a PS4 until it goes on sale or is bundled with something else I want. Of course, if Fallout 4 comes out on the PS4 ill probably pony up the money.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #6039
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 744
Quote:

its nice to hear someone say this. i had not 1, not 2, not even 3 but 5 of these damn things rot under the boss farming him on the first and second playthroughs.

finally, i said, meh i bet it sucks anyways and moved on
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #6040
ADK
____

Oddometer: 8,054
Cool2

I have had my ps3 for 3 or 4 yrs, no problem besides the occasional freeze up.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #6041
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
I have had my ps3 for 3 or 4 yrs, no problem besides the occasional freeze up.
Playing Fallout 3? That's the only time I've ever had the PS3 freeze on me. It happens once I've discovered most of the outdoor sites and I'm walking around. I figured the freeze was a programming error in Fallout verses something wrong with the console.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #6042
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX View Post

I don't have a ton of friends with PS3's but out of those few with them issues have come up. But on the flip side is the red ring of death/red dot on the powerbrick for the XBox 360, so neither console is like say a super Nintendo that still is going strong.

I wouldn't have this be your big issue since they are new boxes that are more like PC's than ever before. So the 2 big issues are how each case deals with heat, and how much either one cheaped out on components to hit the price point. Honestly there's no real way to say one will be more reliable than the other right now. If your fine with the playstation controller and want more of their exclusive games go for it. Personally I've just gotten too used to the XBox so the PS controller is only good to me while using the D-Pad (though the D-pad is awesome).

PS4 will again have slightly better specs than XBox (faster RAM, and less of it used for background tasks since XB1 has 2 OS's running at once) but if that makes a real difference will have to be seen. Since otherwise they're the same computer developers will likely try to get it running right on XB1 and then if they can put extra effort in before launch do a few tweaks for PS4.

One question for the PS4 fans, does Sony have something like smart glass where you can use your phone/tablet with the game?

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #6043
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,887
An article I read indicated that it is likely:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...aystation-sony

"13. Seamless companion apps
Meanwhile, the PlayStation App for iOS and Android devices allows you to browse friends lists, PSN options and the PlayStation Store as well as controlling your PS4; so you can tell it to start downloading a new game while you're on the bus home. And of course, Developers are also able to build their own companion apps, offering 'second screen' experiences to enhance the main screen action or providing remote functions so players can, say, tweak their Fifa teams via their smartphones, then get home and try out the new formation on the console. We're already seeing this happening, but it's likely to be a lot more common in the next generation."
Old 07-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #6044
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,582
Hey all. Not to interrupt the Fallout discussion, but I recently picked up an Nvidia card and it came with 3 codes for $25 in-game cash. I'm looking to trade the World of Tanks and the Hawken codes for Planetside 2 codes. Anyone need WoT or Hawken codes?

Anyone still playing PS2 other than me?

If this qualifies as spam, let me know and I'll delete it.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #6045
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Is a Game Boy Micro worth buying? I may be able to get a second-hand one relatively cheaply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
One question for the PS4 fans, does Sony have something like smart glass where you can use your phone/tablet with the game?
IIRC it has something similar, via Playstation Mobile, but I don't remember any details. Their main push is worldwide off-TV play with the Vita (if your PS4 is online, and you have a decent WiFi connection, you can play the games from your home console on your Vita, wherever you may be; sort of like the Wii U's GamePad except less restrictive; also, you can connect up to 4 Vitas to a PS4 in multiplayer sessions).

UnderNewOwnership screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 01:35 PM
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: