User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #6046
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,150
Well, I'm at Lvl 15. I'm still not getting anything remotely rare. I get some OK guns but I hate to use a lot of strategy to get the job done and not die. My Siren isn't built to stand up to a knife fight in a phone booth or a gang bang.

So far I'm still trying to get back to Sanctuary. I'll co-op in anyone's missions. I've got to farm a bit more.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #6047
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,352
Play all the side missions you can before you get to far into the game. If not you will get to far ahead and all the enemies will be over powered for the weapons you have. I am going to go back and play BL2 again. It is a great game.

I see they have a some new players you can use as well. I purchased the Gaige pack, and if you have not played with her, she is ridiculously powerful.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #6048
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
I see they have a some new players you can use as well. I purchased the Gaige pack, and if you have not played with her, she is ridiculously powerful.
It's the "girlfriend character" put in place so your non-gamer girlfriend can play and not get torn to shreds. I played one to 50 and once you get the right perks you can just stand at the entrance and let Death Trap clear areas without moving or firing a shot.
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #6049
Cris
AB+

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
Play all the side missions you can before you get to far into the game. If not you will get to far ahead and all the enemies will be over powered for the weapons you have. I am going to go back and play BL2 again. It is a great game.

Wait!!

This depends on your goal in the game.

If you plan on playing through the game to it's fullest, you will NOT get good weapons if you do the side missions. You can not get them more than once and the low-level, unique wepons will be useless in short order.

The weapons (rewards) for the side missions will scale to your level if you leave them alone.

Leave the side missions alone until PT2 or (better yet!) PT2.5 if you want the good shit!!

IMO, it's only in PT2.5 that the game REALLY starts to get fun!

Thanks!!
Cris
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #6050
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Wait!!

If you plan on playing through the game to it's fullest, you will NOT get good weapons if you do the side missions. You can not get them more than once and the low-level, unique wepons will be useless in short order.

The weapons (rewards) for the side missions will scale to your level if you leave them alone.

Leave the side missions alone until PT2 or (better yet!) PT2.5 if you want the good shit!!

Thanks!!
Cris
All of the side missions should reset after PT1, but during PT2 you don't want to do the side missions as they don't reset for 2.5.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #6051
Cris
AB+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
All of the side missions should reset after PT1, but during PT2 you don't want to do the side missions as they don't reset for 2.5.
Correct BUT the point of doing a side mission is the reward, which is a unique weapon, shield, grenade...

If you execute a side mission on, say, level 25 and you get a level 25 unique weapon like, say, a Veritas pistol (which is one of my overall favorites!,) as you play through the game into playthrough 2 and 2.5, you can do the mission again BUT the Veritas will NOT scale up to your higher level and be USELESS as your character will be a level 40-50, and the Veritas will only be a level 25.

Save side missions until you are a level 50. If you do a side mission as a level 50 in PT2.5 for the first time, all weapons be a level 50.

If you don't care about kicking ass in playthrough 2.5 (as the unique weapons are very important at this level) then it doesn't matter, but if you do it is very important to play it this way.

Thanks!
Cris
Old 07-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #6052
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Correct BUT the point of doing a side mission is the reward, which is a unique weapon, shield, grenade...

If you execute a side mission on, say, level 25 and you get a level 25 unique weapon like, say, a Veritas pistol (which is one of my overall favorites!,) as you play through the game into playthrough 2 and 2.5, you can do the mission again BUT the Veritas will NOT scale up to your higher level and be USELESS as your character will be a level 40-50, and the Veritas will only be a level 25.

Save side missions until you are a level 50. If you do a side mission as a level 50 in PT2.5 for the first time, all weapons be a level 50.

If you don't care about kicking ass in playthrough 2.5 (as the unique weapons are very important at this level) then it doesn't matter, but if you do it is very important to play it this way.

Thanks!
Cris
I did not know that, thank you for the clarification.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #6053
Cris
AB+

Quote:
I did not know that, thank you for the clarification.
No prob!! I learned the hard way, but fortunately someone told me at a point where I was able to catch it before I lost out on too much cool gear.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #6054
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
It's the "girlfriend character" put in place so your non-gamer girlfriend can play and not get torn to shreds. I played one to 50 and once you get the right perks you can just stand at the entrance and let Death Trap clear areas without moving or firing a shot.
I'm actually playing all of the side missions before having to do the main story.

Quote:
Wait!!

Thanks!!
Cris
I'm sure that's what happening... That kinda sucks though since it forces you to play multiple times. I might play another character and do it that way later on. Then use Claptrap's storage and pass them through.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #6055
Chanderjeet
IndiYeah !!

Oddometer: 5,737
Any Fifa fans here
Old 07-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #6056
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,583
Just a heads up if you have XBox Live Gold they have a free download of Assassins Creed II.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #6057
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Iam about 70% done with last of us on the ps3. Excellent game and the graphics are photo realistic on my plasma. Great story, think walking dead mixed with 28 days later. Your always low on ammo and pick up items to make secondary weapons and health, you have to plan, no running and gunning.
tommyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #6058
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanderjeet View Post
Any Fifa fans here
Never really got into sports games. Know some guys who play Madden and NBA and they never seem to have fun since theyre too busy yelling. Not sure why they play
Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #6059
Jeffy
Hmm...

I noticed on one mission the AI wouldn't stop spawning, It was the map where 'A Dam Fine Rescue' was. I'd move around once it was cleared and new enemies would spawn back in. Sometimes a swarm of them would spawn in. It was good for XP but was strange.

I'm not sure about the mission, Out of Body Experience though. I ran through it and didn't bother picking up the whining robot. Now sure if I can go back and finish it.

I made it to Lvl 21.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #6060
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I noticed on one mission the AI wouldn't stop spawning, It was the map where 'A Dam Fine Rescue' was. I'd move around once it was cleared and new enemies would spawn back in. Sometimes a swarm of them would spawn in. It was good for XP but was strange.

I'm not sure about the mission, Out of Body Experience though. I ran through it and didn't bother picking up the whining robot. Now sure if I can go back and finish it.

I made it to Lvl 21.
Damn I need to get back into the game, I'm only at level 10 or 11 right now.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: