Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 AM   #6076
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
Ironically enough, some tests have come up with results which somehow show that a number of games work best with an AMD proc + nVidia card. The guys doing the tests had absolutely no idea why that happened.
That is a bit odd, the only thing I can think of is AMD has pretty much retreated into the low-mid end market and the gaming world, they've all but given up the high end market. Though value wise they look pretty good on paper/benchmarks (@ 200 bucks they have a 8 core processor which is 50% faster than intel's i5 at the same price) as long as your program doesn't use a single thread. The problem is their next step up @ 350 dollars is slower than intel's i7 of the same price...and after that it's pretty much all intel except for the overclocked 5 Ghz turbo mode AMD CPU that's 900 dollars and needs liquid cooling, but that thing is still slower than ~500 dollar intels.
from
And since gaming is their niche now I wouldn't be shocked that they optimize the CPU's for it VS intel who's CPU architecture is used in well....gaming computers, video editing, to servers, to super computers....pretty much everything.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."

NikonsAndVStroms screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 06:32 AM
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #6077
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,349
Newegg had the "8"-core 8320 for around $135 last week so I decided to give it a shot. Figuring a big majority of game data is done on the GPU I went with a board Xfire and SLI capable. I would like to think AMD is positioning themselves to take advantage of multi-threaded, multi-core games around the corner. If it doesn't pan out I guess I can always move it to my son's desk and rebuild down the road.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #6078
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,913
I think I screwed myself over. I played the Bar room Brawl to tier 3 and now I have to run past all these heavy hitters to get to Pete. They're all showing skulls and it says Lvl 49 and I'm just under 30.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #6079
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
I think I screwed myself over. I played the Bar room Brawl to tier 3 and now I have to run past all these heavy hitters to get to Pete. They're all showing skulls and it says Lvl 49 and I'm just under 30.
Is this PC or 360?
fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #6080
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
Is this PC or 360?
Ok, I'm not totally screwed. I found out that if you don't attack anyone they will let you pass which is good since everyone is now showing skulls and not just the bruisers.

It's a optional mission so it's on all systems.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #6081
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Ok, I'm not totally screwed. I found out that if you don't attack anyone they will let you pass which is good since everyone is now showing skulls and not just the bruisers.

It's a optional mission so it's on all systems.
If it was on 360 I would have logged in and killed all the baddies for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #6082
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
A little gameplay footage from Planetside 2 from this past weekend.

ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #6083
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,862
Is anyone interested in Lunar Lander?

If so PM me, I have a 75% off coupon for steam.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #6084
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Latest Total War: Rome II trailer:

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #6085
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderNewOwnership View Post
Latest Total War: Rome II trailer:
OMG...

I hope my rig is up to the task...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #6086
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Launch trailer for Divinity: Dragon Commander (out 6th Aug.):

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #6087
Jeffy
Hmm...

Thought I'd git this thread a bump. So I'm at Lvl 35 with my Siren. I jumped on an ADV game and the other guy's were only lvl 15. It make it too easy for me as it was like bringing a tank to a knife fight. So, I started a new character. This time a Mechromancer, which I originally wanted to do but didn't have the DLC. So now I have it up to lvl 14. It's really different then playing the Siren.

I thought about not playing the optional missions but you can't really advance fast enough unless you play some of them. I unlocked the rescue Roland mission when I was at lvl 10 but waiting till I was lvl 12/13 so I wouldn't have to slug it out. The Mechromancer is really weak without her mecha. If she gets attacked by an elemental weapon she's screaming and the shields are dropping fast.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #6088
fahrenheit
Gnarly Adventurer

Just heard this in the Richmond, VA thread, not sure how many of you guys play Dota2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defaultgateway View Post
For those into Dota2 (world of warcraft vid game) our own Richmond, Va. ADV rider KOROK playing for TEAM LIQUID is the last USA/CANADIAN team left standing in the International Dota2 World Championships, and plays IG (CHINA) tonight.
USA! USA! Go Liquid!

http://www.dota2.com/international/home/overview/
Old 08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #6089
meatsack
Moto-idiot

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Thought I'd git this thread a bump. So I'm at Lvl 35 with my Siren. I jumped on an ADV game and the other guy's were only lvl 15. It make it too easy for me as it was like bringing a tank to a knife fight. So, I started a new character. This time a Mechromancer, which I originally wanted to do but didn't have the DLC. So now I have it up to lvl 14. It's really different then playing the Siren.

I thought about not playing the optional missions but you can't really advance fast enough unless you play some of them. I unlocked the rescue Roland mission when I was at lvl 10 but waiting till I was lvl 12/13 so I wouldn't have to slug it out. The Mechromancer is really weak without her mecha. If she gets attacked by an elemental weapon she's screaming and the shields are dropping fast.
Are you on a PC?
If so, I'm out fairly regularly on BL2 and would be happy to join you. Shoot me a PM with your game info and I'll add you to my list so I can see when you're online. (I'll do the same, but have to double check my info when I get home)
04' CRF230 Flat Tracker, 02' CRF150F, 66' CB160

meatsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #6090
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatsack View Post
Are you on a PC?
If so, I'm out fairly regularly on BL2 and would be happy to join you. Shoot me a PM with your game info and I'll add you to my list so I can see when you're online. (I'll do the same, but have to double check my info when I get home)
Yeah, I'm on the PC. My Lvl 35 is on Chapter 18 which I think is the last chapter. I've been playing my mechromancer a lot now though. I'm at 17 now. I've noticed that it's either a lot stronger or I'm a lot better then when I was playing the Siren. My main complaint is that the mechromancer gets hit by any elemental and the shields gone. I can't build the character up too much since I want to play with some other guy's here that are lvl 14. I might have to start up another character...

Oh, I'm notthatjeffy on Steam.

Jeffy screwed with this post 08-09-2013 at 04:13 PM
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: