User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #6226
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
With the PS3 you can get PSN+, which gives you an online "sample menu" (regularly updated) of sorts. You do have to pay a monthly fee for it, though.

And now for some background info. GTA V cost R* Games 266 million dollars to develop and market. It's the most expensive video game ever produced.

It made $800 million on its first day.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #6227
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
GTA 5 anybody?

Played for about 4 hours last night. Pretty awesome so far but I only did 3 missions and a couple of side jobs.

Los Santos is massive. Took me half an hour to figure out how to get to the airport, made worse by the fact that the unexplored areas of the map is fogged, can't just set a GPS waypoint. Finally ended up finding the right freeway to get there, crashed through the gates (instant 3 star) and jacked a Lear jet. The GTA:SA skill system is back, Franklin can't fly for shit in the beginning, that plane is pitching/yawing/rolling all over the place. It takes 11 minutes to fly the circumference of the island (just tracing the coastline) with the jet throttled down. You get an instant 3 stars when you violate the airspace of the airports, I guess until you officially get your pilot's license. Though the old dirt airstrip from GTA:SA is back (way up north) and you can fly/land there without consequences.

Driving physics is much tightened up compared to GTA:IV. No more floaty boaty feel to the driving, very grounded very tight, although the first few sports cars I jacked felt very twitchy steering-wise. The motos still have that weird upside-down pendulum effect of teetering to one side or another even on the slightest turns. Took a dirtbike up and over Mt. Chilead at night, had a very ADV feel to it because binning that bike up there would've meant a very long walk back to civilization. Came close to hitting a few deer too, very realistic, LOL. Overall I'm very pleased with the driving physics.

Combat is much the same as GTA:IV. The very first mission/tutorial had a COD-type feel of a shooter-on-rails but the controls are pretty intuitive and you should feel right at home if you played GTA:IV.

Los Santos is strangely familiar if you played GTA:SA. The layout is almost the same in some places, and I remember landmarks from GTA:SA that made it's way back to V. The same church, donut shop, stadium, park. That Venice Beach looking area with the boardwalk is almost exactly as it was in GTA:SA. It feels like you're going back to a city you used to live in after several years away, familiar and not at the same time.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time in the wilderness area, but it felt huge. Lots of dirt trails and dirt roads and just... dirt. They did a pretty good job of recreating the CA high desert, it had a very Bakersfield feel to it. The BF Injection is back in the form of an off-road VW Bug, and it flies. Some areas felt like the Oregon coast, a more woody sort of dirty. Loved it, I can see myself wasting hours of my life just tearing up the back country.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with it so far even though I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. If you loved the previous GTAs, you will not be disappointed.
I got it yesterday too and agree with everything you say. Fantastic game! I can see myself playing this game for months if not years. FYI there is a free iOS app for the manual which has a Google Earth like map and another app called iFruit that you are supposed to be able to do some stuff with. However, I and many others have not been able to get the iFruit app to work at all. Hopefully they will fix it. These apps should be out for Android soon.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #6228
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I'm staying away from GTA 5 until in comes out for the PC....
Yeah, we're safe for 462 days as it seems...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #6229
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
I got it yesterday too and agree with everything you say. Fantastic game! I can see myself playing this game for months if not years. FYI there is a free iOS app for the manual which has a Google Earth like map and another app called iFruit that you are supposed to be able to do some stuff with. However, I and many others have not been able to get the iFruit app to work at all. Hopefully they will fix it. These apps should be out for Android soon.

Yup. Managed to get iFruit working late last night (I guess after the kids were forced to bed). Put in a custom paint (Graphite) order for both Franklin and Michael's car, and a custom license plate. Supposedly the order went through but I restarted the game and my customizations wasn't showing up yet in game. Don't know how long it takes to process.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #6230
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,377
Another huge dump of Golden Keys:
Quote:
9/18, via twitter - (3 Golden Keys)

PS3: K3KT3-ZKJS5-HHCWB-9J5BJ-HS959
WinPC/Mac: KTC3J-XBZK6-C3HT3-BBTB3-J9KXK
X360: KJ5TJ-3TBCJ-ZR9BR-WXTBJ-KCC3F
9/18, via twitter - (5 Golden Keys)

PC/Mac: W3KJ3-ZXSH5-53ZJB-TJB3T-CK559 (Exp: 09/30)
XBOX: 535JJ-RZ5BT-9XS36-CX333-9Z3RF (Exp: 09/30)
PS 3: W3C3B-ZFXZJ-HHCKJ-HJKJT-SKRXS (Exp: 09/30)
9/18, via Facebook - (5 Golden Keys)

PC/Mac: CBCB3-FX9H5-KTZJT-B3JJ3-6F335 (Exp: 09/30)
Xbox360: 5JWJ3-5S533-H6ZT6-5XJBB-6F6TJ (Exp: 09/30)
PS3:CBCT3-3HXZT-HSCKJ-ZTK3B-5H9SB (Exp: 09/30)
9/17, via twitter- (3 Golden Keys)

PC/Mac: CTKJB-CBHC6-5JZBT-J3J33-9Z9JH
Xbox 360: CT5BB-SSHJJ-9XH36-C6TT3-WWZRW
PS3: 5JCBJ-F53ZW-ZSW5B-Z35TJ-HJFZ9
http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands...nd_Golden_Keys

That site is the easiest to C&P from but the FB page is pretty good and you see it on your feed: https://www.facebook.com/Borderlands2ShiftCodes

Also the current humble bundle has 2 of my favorite PC games FEZ and now Limbo (along with 8 others) for under 5 bucks and you can give it all to charity!

https://www.humblebundle.com

A bunch of my friends are obsessed with FTL too.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #6231
Theaty Hannington
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
A bunch of my friends are obsessed with FTL too.
FTL is so good. So good.

"Everyone who isn't playing your tank in that round knows how to play it better." - Morgue
Theaty Hannington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #6232
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,933
:( Been waiting for my copy of GTAV to show up. I pre-ordered on Amazon, and I usually get Amazon orders in three days. I was prepared to wait those three days.

Those fucks shipped it via FedEx Smartpost, whatever the FUCK that is, and fucking sent it from PHX to Denver, and now it's delayed and isn't scheduled for delivery until next Wednesday. I could walk out and buy it right now! God damnit.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #6233
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
:( Been waiting for my copy of GTAV to show up. I pre-ordered on Amazon, and I usually get Amazon orders in three days. I was prepared to wait those three days.

Those fucks shipped it via FedEx Smartpost, whatever the FUCK that is, and fucking sent it from PHX to Denver, and now it's delayed and isn't scheduled for delivery until next Wednesday. I could walk out and buy it right now! God damnit.
FedEx SmartPost.

Basically, the seller ships via FedEx, who then takes the package to the local USPS facility, and the USPS takes over from there. Other than FedEx warranties, insurance, and claims resolutions, the actual process of delivery is all USPS, for better or worse.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #6234
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
FedEx SmartPost.

Basically, the seller ships via FedEx, who then takes the package to the local USPS facility, and the USPS takes over from there. Other than FedEx warranties, insurance, and claims resolutions, the actual process of delivery is all USPS, for better or worse.

That explains it. USPS is a joke these days. Only USPS would take 8 business days to get something from PHX to ABQ.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #6235
ADVMindset
Americana Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
I ordered the Special Edition GTA V on Monday from MacMall they were the only ones that were showing it in stock...Well I should have known better since everyone else said they didn't have it. I walked into both Walmart and Target Tues. night and they both had stacks of the standard version ! It went into backorder status and I figured I would just wait for it and then I got an email on Weds. that Amazon had it back in stock I ordered it from them not expecting to get it until next week sometime, the last few orders from Amazon have been painfully slow but the tracking shows it's going to be delivered tomorrow...I've got my fingers crossed !
ADVMindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #6236
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
I don't know why this cracks me up so much, maybe because of the dude's accent, but this is hilarious.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK, ANIMATED STRIPPER CONTENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZR5cH954TY
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #6237
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioVI View Post
I don't know why this cracks me up so much, maybe because of the dude's accent, but this is hilarious.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK, ANIMATED STRIPPER CONTENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZR5cH954TY
Holy fuck.

Whew. Now I know why I haven't let my boy buy that yet.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #6238
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Holy fuck.

Whew. Now I know why I haven't let my boy buy that yet.
Definitely not safe for little kids( or the wife) to even be in the room when this game is on. Some of the language is over the top, I think I even heard a FYYFF!

You can sure piss away a lot of time doing nothing.

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #6239
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post
Definitely not safe for little kids( or the wife) to even be in the room when this game is on. Some of the language is over the top, I think I even heard a FYYFF!

Probably the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger on the bundle. I know I have _slightly_ more productive things I could do with a few hundred hours. Would be fun though.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #6240
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post

I have no problem with him playing COD or Day Z(our current time waster), and he can't understand why I won't let him play GTA. I might let him watch the video. He'd quit asking me then.

Wife watched that clip last night. She didn't laugh as much as I did. Who'da thunk it?

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: