Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #661
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
If the unique weapon is not tied to an NPC at a specific location it can pop up anywhere.

Just walking the map you tend to activate a lot of "spawning"; the coolest one I've seen is the fireball in the sky that rained alien power cells.

Didn't find out til much later from another player that the "Firelance" unique alien blaster was somewhere around there.

Of course I had no memory of the location.

Fucking Pip-Boy 3000. Modern technology doesn't let you make notes on the map.
Head over to Power Station MDPL-13, follow the power lines north for a ways and keep an eye on your radio.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 PM   #662
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,866
Quote:
I'm playing "normal".

I don't normally even look for that; I just play whatever setting the game defaults on.

I snuck up on some raiders last night while looking for the Sniper Rifle cached right outside of Megaton. Didn't even notice (until the VATS view pulled in for a critical shot) that I was still in my underwear.
I switched to hard for this go around. Ammo seems to be more scarce, enemies are tougher and smarter. I walked into the Germantown Police HQ with next to no ammo flying on a wing and a prayer.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM   #663
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Head over to Power Station MDPL-13, follow the power lines north for a ways and keep an eye on your radio.

That's just the regular Alien Blaster.

Works great on super muties

I also found that chinese 10mm in LOB (?) that sets targets on fire.

Now if I could only find a 10mm SMG that does that
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #664
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
That's just the regular Alien Blaster.

Works great on super muties

I also found that chinese 10mm in LOB (?) that sets targets on fire.

Now if I could only find a 10mm SMG that does that
LOB?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #665
Dilligaf0220
Miserablist

Oddometer: 4,525
Is there any sim players, or is this just (another) FPS buttonfest th'd?
Played around with some racing leagues, but was mostly into WW2 flightsims for years.

IL2 & WW2OL

(not mine but an acquaintance that had the same thirst for realistic air combat, not arcade games)
Dilligaf0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #666
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
LOB?
L.O.B. Enterprises?

According to the notes on the terminals they were working for the chinese designing firearms.

All the employees were supposed to carry weapons at all times.

Lots of military robots guarding the place.

I might be misremembering; too many stimpaks.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #667
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220
Played around with some racing leagues, but was mostly into WW2 flightsims for years.

IL2 & WW2OL

(not mine but an acquaintance that had the same thirst for realistic air combat, not arcade games)
Last simulator I flew was SWOTL.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #668
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
I switched to hard for this go around. Ammo seems to be more scarce, enemies are tougher and smarter. I walked into the Germantown Police HQ with next to no ammo flying on a wing and a prayer.
I might have to try that sometime. My normal playing tactic is "creeping sniper"; I don't throw a lot of fire except when running backwards for my life. I also tend to choose headshots, even with lower percentages, because a good hit throws off their return fire. So the lower ammo and harder targets might not affect me.

It's also cool when my spotter goes "Dad, you popped his head off! He didn't even shoot you!"

I found Dogmeat in the scrapyard while on the way to Minefield. I told him to stay out when I got there and then forgot where he was. My daughter wouldn't go to bed because she had to "help daddy find his dog".

She didn't want him being alone in the wasteland.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #669
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220

IL2 & WW2OL

It's supposed to be anything, but fallout has taken a foothold.

I've always like the ace combat series, even with the abysmal story writing. HAWX has me interested, but there's other games I'd rather get first like MotoGP '08.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 AM   #670
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,886
Well, I keep getting into situations that make it difficult to keep my "Savior of the Wasteland" status...

I picked the lock to Fort Independence... and then was attacked. I had to kill my way out.

I saved the game beforehand- I'm wondering if I should go back to before, or live with Outcasts now forever hunting me down...
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #671
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPADREX
Well, I keep getting into situations that make it difficult to keep my "Savior of the Wasteland" status...

I picked the lock to Fort Independence... and then was attacked. I had to kill my way out.

I saved the game beforehand- I'm wondering if I should go back to before, or live with Outcasts now forever hunting me down...
Hint1:
Please don't tell us you picked the lock on the main door.

Hint2:
Give Casdin(?) enough technology and he'll make you a "friend".

Hint3:
Outcasts are probably one of the most powerful of the "random" encounters. You might want to pick other enemies.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #672
vtwinmotors
Pippi Bongstocking

Oddometer: 822
I love this game! I played the hell out it on my days off! I know not to start the thing up before work, I feel sick and cannot come in Or after work, oh crap its 2:00 AM

I was watching a couple of super muties get their ass's handed to them from some dudes shooting them from across the river so I got out the sniper rifle and popped one in the head from a distance... He dropped So I hauled ass over to the bodies {the other dudes capped one also} And picked up 2 mini guns one was junk so I used it to fix the good one...

Do bullets go really fast for one of those? I have yet to shoot it.
I am more of the sneak and sniper type not the guns blazing type.

The ants are fun to get a bunch chasing you, then cap one in the antenna and they kill each other

Next up on to the cop shop to kill some muties...

And I have ONE yes ONE bobblehead

Ya I know I suck less...

"Eat imbibo quod exsisto hilaris pro cras nos intereo!"
vtwinmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #673
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinmotors
I love this game! I played the hell out it on my days off! I know not to start the thing up before work, I feel sick and cannot come in Or after work, oh crap its 2:00 AM
That happened just last night to me. My wife asked me this morning what time I came to bed and all I said was "Late".
Quote:
Do bullets go really fast for one of those? I have yet to shoot it.
I am more of the sneak and sniper type not the guns blazing type.
Same here. I've got a ton of ammo for the mini and have only tried to use it once and it wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. My big gun skill wasn't high enough. I now either take things out with the hunting rifle or scoped rifle or wait until they get close and give them the business end of the combat shotgun. The laser rifle is real nice, especially when sneaking up behind a Super Mutant. One shot and they are gone.
Quote:
The ants are fun to get a bunch chasing you, then cap one in the antenna and they kill each other

Next up on to the cop shop to kill some muties...

And I have ONE yes ONE bobblehead

Ya I know I suck less...
I've only got four and I had to steal one of those. Finding more is my main quest now while I run around a try to complete the other side quests.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #674
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
That happened just last night to me. My wife asked me this morning what time I came to bed and all I said was "Late".

Same here. I've got a ton of ammo for the mini and have only tried to use it once and it wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn. My big gun skill wasn't high enough. I now either take things out with the hunting rifle or scoped rifle or wait until they get close and give them the business end of the combat shotgun. The laser rifle is real nice, especially when sneaking up behind a Super Mutant. One shot and they are gone.
The spread with the minigun is awful. It's better to give it to a follower.

Quote:
I've only got four and I had to steal one of those. Finding more is my main quest now while I run around a try to complete the other side quests.
If it makes you feel better, bobbleheads are deliberately placed in hard to find and awkward places as a "reward" for curiosity. It's only stealing if it gives you negative kharma and lights up red.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #675
XPADREX
Funslinger

Oddometer: 7,886
Man, I gotta get some of you guys to play the original Gears of War with me online.

I took a break from FO3 and went live- man, it's goood too have some fast and furious annex action.

If you like strategizing as a team, you'll love it.

Yeah, Gears 2 is out- but it's slower, and cheesier, and doesn't let you simply play the type of games you want for fun. I own it, and it collects dust.
XPADREX is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: