Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #841
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
Craterside opens at 8am. Go sleep in your house for long enough to get to 8 or you can use the < arrow (the opposite of the start button) to wait as long as you want.

Leave the power armor in your house, you won't be able to use it until you are trained by the Brotherhood of Steel later in the game.
Yeah. Left the armour in the house. I figured it would be something like that.

Figured that out about Craterside a while back, but there's actually an Armoury in bombtown. It's always locked and I was wondering if it's ever open to sell or trade weapons/ammoe/that kind of stuff.

I've got two mini-nukes that I don't know what the heck to do with.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #842
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 26,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Yeah. Left the armour in the house. I figured it would be something like that.

Figured that out about Craterside a while back, but there's actually an Armoury in bombtown. It's always locked and I was wondering if it's ever open to sell or trade weapons/ammoe/that kind of stuff.

Oh yeah, there is an armory in Megaton. I forgot about that. I picked the lock once and promptly got stuck inside with a Mr. Gutsy that killed me right quick over and over and over again.

I've been too chicken to go back ever since.

I may have to give it a try now that I'm badass.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #843
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,714
Quote:
I'm guessing that you've not been to G.N.R yet. That's the first chance that I remember of picking up the Fat Man which is the launcher for the Mini Nukes. Once you get the Fat Man don't waste the mini nukes. There's one spot in downtown D.C. that you'll run across a super mutant behemoth and the Brotherhood of Steel won't be around to help out like they are outside of G.N.R. when another of the behemoths shows up.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #844
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,688
what an un-climactic end of the game.. oh well, starting over on a "bad karma" run
Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #845
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00SS
what an un-climactic end of the game.. oh well, starting over on a "bad karma" run
I was going to start over, but decided to hunt around for a little bit more so I went back to a previous save. Holy smoke did I miss a lot the first time through. It's now all about finding hidden things since my character is the baddest MOFO to hint the wasteland since Yosemite Sam.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #846
00SS
Always a vicious cycle

Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
I was going to start over, but decided to hunt around for a little bit more so I went back to a previous save. Holy smoke did I miss a lot the first time through. It's now all about finding hidden things since my character is the baddest MOFO to hint the wasteland since Yosemite Sam.
hmm. .that sounds like a better idea.. i have one saved game before I killed everyone in Paradise Falls.. looks to be a good starting point. now to go back and reak havoc on megaton
Old 04-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #847
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,482
Quote:
Craterside opens at 8am. Go sleep in your house for long enough to get to 8 or you can use the < arrow (the opposite of the start button) to wait as long as you want.

Leave the power armor in your house, you won't be able to use it until you are trained by the Brotherhood of Steel later in the game.
There's more than one way to use the power armor

Going through Operation Anchorage is one of them.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #848
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Quote:
Okay. Returned the liberry books for the chick in bombtown.

Found some power armour and a helmet along the way.

Any hints as to how to use this stuff?

Oh, and is the armoury in bombtown ever open?
The armoury in Megaton is a real one: just used to keep weapons safe until the inhabitants need to fight off raiders.

I just finished the TenPenny Tower quest: got Roy Philips and his followers in without violence.

is it just my imagination or were all those bigots in there nastier to Ripley than Jonny?

Mee-Ooow!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #849
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
I'm guessing that you've not been to G.N.R yet. That's the first chance that I remember of picking up the Fat Man which is the launcher for the Mini Nukes. Once you get the Fat Man don't waste the mini nukes. There's one spot in downtown D.C. that you'll run across a super mutant behemoth and the Brotherhood of Steel won't be around to help out like they are outside of G.N.R. when another of the behemoths shows up.
G.N.R.?

I'm playing Fallout 3, not Guitar Hero.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #850
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Quote:
G.N.R.?

Galaxy News Radio

"Thanks for listening, childre-e-e-e-n"
Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 PM   #851
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
G.N.R.?

Sorry. As someone pointed out G.N.R. is Galaxy News Radio and going there becomes the quest after you've spoken to Moriaty.

Hang in there, you'll get used to the environment soon. If you truly get stuck, drop a note since there's a few of us here who have walked around the wasteland a bit.

McNeal screwed with this post 04-27-2009 at 01:21 PM
Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 AM   #852
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,319

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:59 AM   #853
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
Sorry. As someone pointed out G.N.R. is Galaxy News Radio and going there becomes the quest after you've spoken to Moriaty.

Hang in there, you'll get used to the environment soon. If you truly get stuck, drop a note since there's a few of us here who have walked around the wasteland a bit.

(psst. If you ever get the idea I'm being a little bit silly with comments like that, go with it...)

I was serious about the hint on the power armour. I hate the fact that I have the stuff, but can't use it.

I'm also pissed that I found the scoped .44 at level 2, restarted the game from an earlier save (literally minutes before), and then the .44 wasn't there when I went back to the spot I originally found it.

The game's definitely getting a little easier now that I'm at level 8. Mirelurks still suck, though.

Anyone have any hints on hacking the computers? I know you're supposed to use "2 of 7 correct" and the like to narrow it down, does anyone have a rule of thumb they use?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #854
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 26,025
Quote:
Anyone have any hints on hacking the computers? I know you're supposed to use "2 of 7 correct" and the like to narrow it down, does anyone have a rule of thumb they use?
The character & it's placement in the word are what you are looking for.

I'm not super scientific about it but I usually scan the options and pick the most common ending like "ing" or "tion" if those don't match then you've eliminated a big pool of possibilities. Then I take the first word I chose and then kind of overlay my next option in my head to see what matches and what doesn't. I spell the second word while I'm reading along with the first word if that makes any sense.

A guess with no matches is almost as valuable as a guess with a lot of matches.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #855
Xeraux
Archvillain

Quote:
The character & it's placement in the word are what you are looking for.

I'm not super scientific about it but I usually scan the options and pick the most common ending like "ing" or "tion" if those don't match then you've eliminated a big pool of possibilities. Then I take the first word I chose and then kind of overlay my next option in my head to see what matches and what doesn't. I spell the second word while I'm reading along with the first word if that makes any sense.

A guess with no matches is almost as valuable as a guess with a lot of matches.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing. I've screwed up more than a couple, though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: