User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #856
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,482
I do the same as Charla. Just turn off the computer after the third miss and do it again. The words change, but you don't lock the computer.
Worst case is 3 correct letters in a word ending with "ing".
Does not help at all.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #857
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was doing. I've screwed up more than a couple, though.
I only hack the terminals when I have to. If I can I just prefer to pick locks or shoot the turrets.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #858
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,275
Any tips on what works well on super mutant brutes?

I need to do some killin but nothing in my inventory seems to do much damage.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #859
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius

What is your repair skill at? If it's fairly high you should be able to get a Chinese Assault Rifle or Combat Shotgun in good enough condition to be pretty effective.

I usually use Lincoln's Repeater to take them out from long range or the Plasma Rifle to turn them into goo.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 AM   #860
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
What is your repair skill at? If it's fairly high you should be able to get a Chinese Assault Rifle or Combat Shotgun in good enough condition to be pretty effective.

I usually use Lincoln's Repeater to take them out from long range or the Plasma Rifle to turn them into goo.
Where do you find the chinese assault rifles?

I lost the one Lucas had and all I find are the crappy ones.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #861
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Where do you find the chinese assault rifles?

I lost the one Lucas had and all I find are the crappy ones.
They are kind of scattered around but don't start showing up until you get further into the game. I'm not sure if it's based on your XP level or where you are at in the storyline missions.

If you work the main storyline missions better weapons will become available.

Vault 86 is full of Chinese Assault Rifles but they're all in the hands of Super Mutants.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #862
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,900
Quote:

For some reason, I keep finding a shitload of grenades.

I started lobbing the grenades at the brutes to soften them up a little. Then, shoot 'em in the face using VAT.

The grenades work well on turrets, too. I love it when the grenades "frenzy" a turret and it starts hammering the raiders standing under it.

Are the Chinese assault rifles pretty much the heaviest damage small arm? I haven't found anything that's better, yet.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #863
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
For some reason, I keep finding a shitload of grenades.

I started lobbing the grenades at the brutes to soften them up a little. Then, shoot 'em in the face using VAT.

The grenades work well on turrets, too. I love it when the grenades "frenzy" a turret and it starts hammering the raiders standing under it.

Are the Chinese assault rifles pretty much the heaviest damage small arm? I haven't found anything that's better, yet.
Sydney's SMG 10mm kicks some serious butt but the condition deteriorates pretty quickly so you have to keep it in good condition.

Laser Rifles are pretty good for long range and you gets more shots in VATS with them, but the Chinese Assault Rifle is pretty much the weapon of choice if there's no Plasma Rifle available.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #864
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
No, they are not. They are great middle range weapon in damage an accuracy.
When damage is concerned, the combat shotgut is better, but it is short range (big spread). It's not a good idea to have a super mutant standing this close if it can be avoided; great for buildings though.
Scoped .44 is also better and rather long range.
Their unique versions, Terrible Shotgun and Blackhawk are even better.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #865
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
The Alien Blaster is the best small arm, hell it's probably the best weapon there is, but has two problems. (1) Finding the sucker and (2) very limited ammo supply.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #866
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
The Alien Blaster is the best small arm, hell it's probably the best weapon there is, but has two problems. (1) Finding the sucker and (2) very limited ammo supply.
It's an energy weapon, that's a different skill.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #867
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Xuan Long (sp?) Chinese Assault Rifle is on some dead body in the diner near jury street metro.

S'pose to do near 64 dam in top condition.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #868
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,168
Quote:
(psst. If you ever get the idea I'm being a little bit silly with comments like that, go with it...)

I was serious about the hint on the power armour. I hate the fact that I have the stuff, but can't use it.

I'm also pissed that I found the scoped .44 at level 2, restarted the game from an earlier save (literally minutes before), and then the .44 wasn't there when I went back to the spot I originally found it.

The game's definitely getting a little easier now that I'm at level 8. Mirelurks still suck, though.

Anyone have any hints on hacking the computers? I know you're supposed to use "2 of 7 correct" and the like to narrow it down, does anyone have a rule of thumb they use?
Hacking. Look at the possible words. Try the one first that's mostly different from the rest. Try another. If you're getting closer try a third one that has the same suffix. DON"T pick any more words at this point unless you're positive or there's only one word left.
Run your cursor over each line of characters. Every pair of brackets "{}", "[]", "()", "<>" on the same line counts as a clue. When you're on the proper left hand bracket, it'll highlight the right bracket along with any character or spaces in between. Clicking these bracket sets will either "Dud Removed", remove a bad password, or "Allowance Replenish" reset you to four new chances. If you get "Input not allowed" (?) you're down to the last word which is the valid password.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #869
Charla
Tamalamian

Quote:
Xuan Long (sp?) Chinese Assault Rifle is on some dead body in the diner near jury street metro.

Good to know!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #870
ThePikeman
German n00b

Quote:

That's: dmg, dmg/s, spread, critical multiplier, crit. dmg, dmg with crit, ammo, magacine, weight, value/weight, action points, dmp/ap, hit points.

Chinese Assault Rifle 11 44 1.5 x0.125 +10 44 5.56mm 24 7 71 23 1.44 400 Rifle-Automatic
Xuanlong Assault Rifle 12 48 1.5 x0.125 +12 48 5.56mm 36 7 57 23 1.57 400 Rifle-Automatic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: