Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #871
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Oddometer: 14,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal
The Alien Blaster is the best small arm, hell it's probably the best weapon there is, but has two problems. (1) Finding the sucker and (2) very limited ammo supply.
There's a random encounter in the game that gives you more ammo along with another, better blaster. (I never found the second blaster). Also, one of the named NPCs has some alien power cells.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #872
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePikeman
That's: dmg, dmg/s, spread, critical multiplier, crit. dmg, dmg with crit, ammo, magacine, weight, value/weight, action points, dmp/ap, hit points.

Chinese Assault Rifle 11 44 1.5 x0.125 +10 44 5.56mm 24 7 71 23 1.44 400 Rifle-Automatic
Xuanlong Assault Rifle 12 48 1.5 x0.125 +12 48 5.56mm 36 7 57 23 1.57 400 Rifle-Automatic
It says differently in the article though.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #873
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Any tips on what works well on super mutant brutes?

I need to do some killin but nothing in my inventory seems to do much damage.
Head shots or any specific body part targetted in VATS. Laser pistol, Laser rifle, Gauss or Sniper rifle are my favorite mutie killers, especially when hidden and getting the "Sneak Attack Criticals" multiplier.

I'm still trying for a headshot kill with the silenced 10mm.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #874
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Head shots or any specific body part targetted in VATS. Laser pistol, Laser rifle, Gauss or Sniper rifle are my favorite mutie killers, especially when hidden and getting the "Sneak Attack Criticals" multiplier.

I'm still trying for a headshot kill with the silenced 10mm.
See I've tried using the sniper rifle, but it really doesn't seem to do much damage and it's in good condition too.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #875
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,973
Quote:
See I've tried using the sniper rifle, but it really doesn't seem to do much damage and it's in good condition too.

If you like to play sniper style then go to the Museum of History and find Lincoln's Repeater. It's very accurate and does about 40 damage. You can take out tough Muties with 2 or 3 head shots.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #876
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:

You have to have reasonable skills to get better damage, too. I'm always (well, for two characters anyway ) ramping up Sneak, Small Guns and Energy Weapons right away. Laser pistol gets me 5 shots in VATS. Also, I think the Brutes are easier targets: the Masters have armored heads.

You could also take a leg out and listen to them curse you.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #877
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,608
Quote:
It says differently in the article though.

Yeah, I just read that, too. Damage is influenced by the characters abilities and perks, so my guess would be that this is the damage with everything maxed out. The calculation is quite... interesting.

"
Ranged Combat

Ranged Combat is first determined by your Skill for the specific ranged weapons you are using. The Base to Hit (BTH) is the result of your Skill - 30%. In addition you add 8% for each point of Perception, natural or modified by special perks and traits like sharpshooter oder Night Person to your BTH. Subtract 4% for each hex distance between you and your target. You can also call an Aimed Shot, which also modifies your BTH according to the area you want to hit. In darkness also subtract additional 10% if you are more than 4 hexes away from your target. Keep in mind if you miss there is a slight chance to hit another target.
  • BTH = (Skill - 30%) + (PE * 8) - (HEX * 4) - (AC of Target) [- 10% at night if HEX >= 5]
If you reach a BTH of 0 or below it is not possible to hit the target.
Weapons also modify your BTH if you don't meet the minimum Strength needed to wield the weapon. For each point below the needed Strength subtract 20% of the BTH.
Some weapon-classes also affect your BTH . Shotguns for example raise your BTH by 20% if you are >=4 and even by 30% if you are >=5 hexes away from your target, while at the same time the damage done by the weapon is reduced.
Sniper-Weapons like the Hunting Rifle can fire in the first 10 hexes away from your target with +4% to the BTH and without any distance modifiers. For Example: Your BTH is usualy 55%. While using the Hunting Rifle, you get initially +4% to your BTH. You are 8 hexes away, so your BTW is still 59%. Beginning with the 11th hex distance between you and your target, each hex subtracts 4% of your BTH as usual. In the example, instead of being 8 hexes away you are 12 hexes away, your BTH is reduced to 47%.
There are also special unique weapon modifiers like +20% BTH for the 9mm Mauser because it is "extremely accurate".
Finally, the maximum range of a weapon affects the chance to hit or the damage in an unknown way."
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #878
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
If you like to play sniper style then go to the Museum of History and find Lincoln's Repeater. It's very accurate and does about 40 damage. You can take out tough Muties with 2 or 3 head shots.
Mentats can be your friend if you know a good doctor or have the My First Laboratory.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #879
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto
Hacking. Look at the possible words. Try the one first that's mostly different from the rest. Try another. If you're getting closer try a third one that has the same suffix. DON"T pick any more words at this point unless you're positive or there's only one word left.
Run your cursor over each line of characters. Every pair of brackets "{}", "[]", "()", "<>" on the same line counts as a clue. When you're on the proper left hand bracket, it'll highlight the right bracket along with any character or spaces in between. Clicking these bracket sets will either "Dud Removed", remove a bad password, or "Allowance Replenish" reset you to four new chances. If you get "Input not allowed" (?) you're down to the last word which is the valid password.
This is good info!

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #880
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
Crap.

Now, I want to go home and play.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #881
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

YAY!!! DOGMEAT!!!

I checked on the Xuanlong rifle and you have to complete some side mission before "Prime's" body will appear in the diner at Jury Street Station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux
Crap.

Now, I want to go home and play.
I'm sick today.

....errr....I mean....

Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #882
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla
Is that the same history museum that under world is in?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #883
ThePikeman
German n00b

Oddometer: 4,608
Quote:
The count of history museums in Fallout 3 is 1, so the answer is yes.
ThePikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #884
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,973
Quote:

When you are facing the entrance to Underworld there is a door off to your left that goes into the Museum.
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #885
Jonnylotto
Kumbaya my ass

I picked up the KneeCapper today from Ronald. Totally unexpected.

Possible Spoiler!!

Finished the Nuka-Cola tour and ran into him outside of Sierra's shack in Girdershade. I never picked up Grid's note so I didn't get the dialog choice to deliver the Naughty Nightware (but I like wearing it around the house anyway). He kept going on about wanting to do the horizontal bop with Sierra. I picked the "Black Widow" dialog and told him if he found some Nuka Cola Quantum I'd have a threesome with him and Sierra.

He said "Holy Shit! Really?" said he knew where to get some and ran right into the loving embrace of a DeathClaw.

Men are such pigs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: