ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Oddometer: 68
Cool2 Palouse Riders

I am a Moscow resident looking to meet some people that live here on the Palouse. I don't always have a lot of free time and that can make it hard to make plans for rides far in advance and travel several hours to meet with others to go on a ride. I would like to meet some local riders with the hope that it will be easier to organize rides on short notice. Just looking for any and all that want to occasionally get together on the weekends for rides to explore a little of northern Idaho. If you are interested make a post so that others can see and drop me a PM since I don't frequently check these threads.

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

There has been some interest in the email list and in hopes of making people feel more comfortable about adding their name to it I think it might be sensible to establish some rules/guidlines so that people don't regret doing so and also to keep emails from anyone else on the list legitimate.

1. The email list will just be used to inform others of rides and not to pass along junk mail.

If you are comfortable with this send me a PM with your email address. There seems to be a growing response to this thread and although your email address will not be posted publicly it will be disseminated among other members of the list so that you can be informed by any of them about a ride. Or, if you want to organize a ride it is for you to inform everyone else. Once again, the sole purpose of this is to help us link up with local riders and enjoy the very thing that brought us all here. Motorcycles!

Current E Listers:
Mr. Vintage
Spaniard
IDScarecrow
sideboiler
75monza
Leftystocks
Phantom30
soebutt

and growing.....

Spaniard screwed with this post 05-16-2009 at 10:23 PM
Spaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,975
The Bistro, Clarkston, Wa.

On Saturday March 7 there is a breakfast meeting of the area BMW riders and everyone else who wants to come.
The meeting will be at The Bistro restuarant 407 Bridge Street in Clarkston Washington. Bridge street is hwy 12 through Clarkston and the restuarant is on the south side of the street across from Albertson's grocery store.
There are riders who come from St Maries , Kamiah, Moscow, and Pendleton and Wallowa, Oregon so come by if you like. . If the weather is good enough to ride I know there is at least one ride starting from there about 11 am and at least one Moscow resident going.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
TedsGlobeStomper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
I was in Lewiston yesterday it was 64 degrees of heaven. rode 95 from Post falls. spiral hiway. little rain not too bad. 38 degrees in post falls on return. allways up for a ride if the phone no ringy...
TedsGlobeStomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Clarkston

Two BMW riders here in Clarkston... but right now we are spending all of our time on the Ski-Doos but later we are in
Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Oddometer: 847
Greetings fellow palouse-ite. My time is similarly limited, so great idea. As with everthing else in my life, I've been meaning to make it to one of the Lewiston (or Spokane) gatherings and it has never worked out.

I have short ride in mind for this weekend (backroads to Steptoe Butte), but I'm not sure if or when it's going to materialize yet. Saturday maybe?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Vintage
Greetings fellow palouse-ite. My time is similarly limited, so great idea. As with everthing else in my life, I've been meaning to make it to one of the Lewiston (or Spokane) gatherings and it has never worked out.

I have short ride in mind for this weekend (backroads to Steptoe Butte), but I'm not sure if or when it's going to materialize yet. Saturday maybe?
Hi Mr. Vintatage
Let us know if you are able to make it up the Butte.
"Be real careful which and who's dream you get caught up in!!!" ~ Jettn Jim
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Rainier_Rider
Gone

Oddometer: 1,560
Hmmm.... Steptoe Butte. I wonder how snowy it is still.

This summer I wanna get to know the palouse better, westward.
Looks like there's lots of dirt roads down/ out that way.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Emails?

Just wondering if any of the folks around the Palouse that are looking at this thread would be interested in setting up a list of emails that we can save in our address books. That way when we get that little twitch to go on a ride we can send it out to the others instantly so that any and all who are interested/available can find out without having to look at the thread as frequently. I was thinking that it might trim down communication time and make it easier for more people to find out. What do you think?

I'll start. justins@vandals.uidaho.edu

Spaniard screwed with this post 02-27-2009 at 01:46 AM
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #9
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Although I probably check here as much or more than I check my email, I'll go for a shot at a little local rider community. I'm jlannigan(at)pullman.com.

That said, let's keep the Palouse Riders thread alive... I know of a couple other local inmates, might be good to do a meet and greet sometime. TheTourist, IDScarecrow, Dread, hello out there. There are probably others lurking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
Hi Mr. Vintatage
Let us know if you are able to make it up the Butte.
Hi Ladybug! I'm fairly certain they plow the road up to the radio widgets on top - getting there shouldn't be a big deal, but being cold might be!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 3,972
I'm going to stay closer to home this year and will probably be up for a short ride or two.

I'm headed for Lewiston this saturday. I just got the tabs renewed on the TA so am taking it for a spin.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Mr. Vintage
Family Dude

Steptoe is on for this Saturday. Meet me at the Dissmores in Pullman at 10:00am if you are game. The route is here, about 50/50 pavement/gravel.

I plan on bringing lunch for a break at Elberton.

Be there or square.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Phoenix101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Steptoe is on for this Saturday. Meet me at the Dissmores in Pullman at 10:00am if you are game. The route is here, about 50/50 pavement/gravel.

Be there or square.
not to rain (actually snow) on the parade, but better check the weather for this weekend
Phoenix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Spaniard OP
Confined Traveler

Saturday Ride

Two separate weather sources say that Saturday will be partly sunny and in the 40's. So, its official. The first ride of the Palouse Riders thread is arranged. Any and all who are interested should pack a lunch and come along. I'll see you there Mr. Vintage.

P.S. I am trying to put together a list of emails with the hope of cutting down the time that it takes to notify people of future rides. If anyone is interested, please post your email address or send it to me in a PM. If you send it to me in a PM I will add your name to the list but won't publicy display your email address.

Current List of Emails:
Mr. Vintage
Spaniard
IDScarecrow

and growing......

Spaniard screwed with this post 03-10-2009 at 09:36 PM
Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #14
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,975
Saturday morning

Quote:

Be there or square.
Steptoe sounds interesting for Saturday...but the window I am having installed in about 10 hours will still need to be trimmed out on the inside and newer bigger better drapes hung on a new set of rods. I beat Phyllis to the punch and just told her we needed new drapes for the new window and to get busy shopping.
So I may still be busy Saturday. I will post before 8 am Saturday morning if I am going to make it.

The following weekend ( March 7) several of us are planning to start from a breakfast meeting in Clarkston and ride around most of the day.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #15
IsettaBob
Isetta loving fool

Oddometer: 10
The Tempter and I will be there on Saturday. 1st ride of the year, looking forward to it!
IsettaBob is offline   Reply With Quote