ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #181
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,952
My favorite is what used to be Hwy 126 and is now divided into several road names, Turner road for most of it and is called Marengo road where it comes off of Hwy 12 near Pomeroy. I do not suggest that you ride that two up , the switch backs down into the Tucannon would be more than you would want to try this first time out.

A fun side trip would be to go to Starbuck and then take the Kellog Hollow Rd towards Dayton/Waitsburg depending on which turns you take. Fun back roads and mostly paved. Turning onto McKay Alto ends up with you outside of Waitsburg and Kellog Hollow ends up east of Dayton.

Look up threads by 650x and you will find notes of some interesting roads in that area.

Idarider screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 12:52 AM
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #182
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,628
Anyone up for a ride this weekend? It might be a beautiful ride to Elk City.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #183
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
I sprained my leg yesterday while playing at the WSU rec centre. I am probably going to take it easy this weekend.

Roy: Tucannon road is on my to do list.

Sorebutt: Highway 13/14 to Elk City is a good ride but I am not sure if it will be ice free around this time of year.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #184
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
I sprained my leg yesterday while playing at the WSU rec centre. I am probably going to take it easy this weekend.

Roy: Tucannon road is on my to do list.

Sorebutt: Highway 13/14 to Elk City is a good ride but I am not sure if it will be ice free around this time of year.
We need to get you interested in something like reading.

Hwy 13 would be fun with plenty of gravel and the spring rocks on the road to keep you from slacking. A little ice in the shady spots won't hurt anything.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #185
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

It should be fine except for the rocks and gravel. I've ridden it a lot earlier than this. It is always beautiful with snow in the higher country.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #186
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
New to Duel Sport riding

Hi Riders,

I sold my big road bike last summer and bought a duel sport because I wanted to do some exploring and needed a lighter bike to ride. I have put on 2600 miles since July 2012 and really enjoying the back country rides.
Several times I have found myself in an area thinking "I should be riding with a partner in case I break down or go down."

Just read the thread about the meetings at Mac's and will try to make next months get together. I would like to find some fellow riders for some day trips. I am not an expert rider partly because of my age, 57, and this is my first experience of riding on dirt and gravel.

If you have a ride planned on a Saturday or Sunday I would like to tag along. Out of town today. I live in Lewiston.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #187
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
Hi Riders,

I sold my big road bike last summer and bought a duel sport because I wanted to do some exploring and needed a lighter bike to ride. I have put on 2600 miles since July 2012 and really enjoying the back country rides.
Several times I have found myself in an area thinking "I should be riding with a partner in case I break down or go down."

Just read the thread about the meetings at Mac's and will try to make next months get together. I would like to find some fellow riders for some day trips. I am not an expert rider partly because of my age, 57, and this is my first experience of riding on dirt and gravel.

If you have a ride planned on a Saturday or Sunday I would like to tag along. Out of town today. I live in Lewiston.
Welcome to Advrider !

The Macs Cycle group posts on the macsbeemerbunch on Yahoo.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/macsbeemerbunch/

Several of them are planning on coming over for Childogs in Starbuck on the 30th. I will send you a PM private message ) with my #
The Hells Canyon event in Joseph will be a good one to meet riders from the region and see how they set up their bikes.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #188
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Hi Riders,

I ride a lot by myself when I can't find anyone to ride with. My wife doesn't like it. I have had a few exciting times, like getting stuck in snow. It is better to ride with someone in the back country.

I asked if anyone was wanting to go on a ride this weekend. I rode today to Elk City and on to Red River Ranger Station before I ran in to too much snow. It was beautiful along the river. There were a lot of fishermen out.

Keep watching this link because there is always someone wanting to go on a ride. Just post you are interested and you will find someone.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #189
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,539
Quote:
Hi Riders,

Welcome to ADV, there is a lot of fun things to do and great people to meet.

Come join us at the Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering in Enterprise, OR in June: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843668 From Lewiston there is a fun and easy dirt route to get to camp. Sorebutt and Idarider both are very familiar with that route and can give you good directions.

When you get to camp are always folks to ride with and some of the experienced riders are happy to take new to dirt riders out for a nice ride and make sure they get back to camp.

If you don't have anything better to do and want to make a 100 mile trip next weekend come to Spokane for the Motorcycle Show and meet a bunch of ADVriders for lunch: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869063
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #190
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Spring Break

Hello,
Looking for anybody that might want to ride this week. Weather doesn't look that great but who knows. It's killing me right now looking at the weather for the Bosie area, want to ride.....

05' KLR650
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #191
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Actually the lastest forecast calls for in the 60's and partly cloudy. I rode last weekend in the mid 30's and partly cloudy. This weekend sounds a lot better. I'm game for a ride.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #192
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 2,004
My plans are firming up for Asotin this Saturday. Should I bring the WR250r or the WeeSTrom? I can trailer or ride from Asotin to meet up somewhere else.

I'm thinking the Asotin Creek trail might be good although not sure how "open" it is.
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #193
Idarider
R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
My plans are firming up for Asotin this Saturday. Should I bring the WR250r or the WeeSTrom? I can trailer or ride from Asotin to meet up somewhere else.

I'm thinking the Asotin Creek trail might be good although not sure how "open" it is.
I forgot all about you coming up this way this weekend. I started thinking about the Spokane motorcycle show and I have the chilidog thing to get ready for in two weeks, but that is only an hour or so to round up everything.
I am more likely to want to do a loop out around by Pierce to see how the snow is melting, scouting for turkey hunting on April 15.
Staying away from places with new R1200GS bikes will save me a bunch of money.
See what sorebutt wants to do.
If I had an Idho plated DR350 could I ride on a trail in Washington without having to pay a fee ?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM   #194
SnakeBreak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Hi guys.

I need to keep this in mind. I ride a lot by myself and I could stand some company.

Idarider- I think you do not need a tag if you have plates. At least I have seen people with just plates on the trails.
SnakeBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #195
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I doubt if there are many trails open yet. I've been watching the Blues and there is a lot of snow yet. The Wee should do OK on gravel or dirt roads. There is some good riding in the lower canyons of the Blues.

The Pierce loop would be a good ride. I've heard there is no snow in Pierce. Plus Idarider will show us his favorite turkey hunting spots.