ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #211
dhally
Hammerhead
 
dhally's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kennewick, WA
Oddometer: 2,004
I had a great time too. All the roads around home are straight - the Lewiston area sure has a lot of twisties! I even got to practice the asphalt fishtail maneuver while passing a truck...
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WR250R
Tiger 800
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #212
avodude1
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Moscow, ID
Oddometer: 6
Laugh New Guy - Craig Mtn. report

Hey All,

New guy here. Been riding the WR a bit lately and look forward to more trips. I took a trip Saturday (3/16) up to Craig Mountain to check to see if Eagle Creek is open. It's snow free all the way to the horse camp at Benton Meadows where they stopped plowing. Had to get a burger at Waha Grill on the way back. Was a fun ride. BTW the snow cover interactive program (NOHRSC put out by NOAA) is off. Haha. It showed that there was hardly any snow up there. Anyway, looking to meet up with some fellow riders and ride dirt and/or blacktop.
avodude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #213
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,628
I was up there a couple of weeks ago and there was no shortage of snow. The thing the snow surveys don't show is the shady corners will have snow a month or two longer than the ridge tops. I've got myself in trouble more than once trying to get through those snowdrifts in the shade.

Post here whenever you want to ride and you will get response.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #214
Idarider
R1200GS
 
Idarider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by avodude1 View Post
Hey All,

New guy here. Been riding the WR a bit lately and look forward to more trips. I took a trip Saturday (3/16) up to Craig Mountain to check to see if Eagle Creek is open. It's snow free all the way to the horse camp at Benton Meadows where they stopped plowing. Had to get a burger at Waha Grill on the way back. Was a fun ride. BTW the snow cover interactive program (NOHRSC put out by NOAA) is off. Haha. It showed that there was hardly any snow up there. Anyway, looking to meet up with some fellow riders and ride dirt and/or blacktop.

Welcome!
Also check into macsbeemerbunch group on yahoo or show up on the first Saturday of the month, April 6th is the next, at Macs cycle , 10 am and you can meet a bunch of riders of all types. No beemer needed
__________________
R1200GS, DR350SE
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #215
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 227
I am interested in riding somewhere this Saturday. Any one interested and have ride suggestions?
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #216
Idarider
R1200GS
 
Idarider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
I am interested in riding somewhere this Saturday. Any one interested and have ride suggestions?
If it doesn't involve Starbuck at 12:30 and making chilidogs, no.
__________________
R1200GS, DR350SE
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #217
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 227
The Strabuck ride is on 3/30/13 if I am not mistaken. I am enquiring about 3/23/13. I do intend to come to the Starbuck ride.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
If it doesn't involve Starbuck at 12:30 and making chilidogs, no.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #218
Idarider
R1200GS
 
Idarider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
The Strabuck ride is on 3/30/13 if I am not mistaken. I am enquiring about 3/23/13. I do intend to come to the Starbuck ride.
So I can't read a calendar, hmmm, where do you want to go?
__________________
R1200GS, DR350SE
Idarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #219
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,628
The weather is suppose to be nice. I'm in for a ride. Are you looking at pavement or gravel?
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #220
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cavscout99's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Moscow Idaho, US
Oddometer: 107
Gravel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
The weather is suppose to be nice. I'm in for a ride. Are you looking at pavement or gravel?
I'm up for some gravel roads on Sat.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #221
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,628
I'm sure we will hit snow at higher elevations. We can ride the canyons that come out of the Blues towards Asotin Creek and the Snake.

The lower part of Craig Mt. is probably open.

We can also go to Elk River and take the road to Dent and on down to Orofino.

There are also lots of roads on the breaks over the Clearwater going to Orofino.

We could also go from Troy OR. and ride up the river or go up on top towards Enterprise.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #222
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cavscout99's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Moscow Idaho, US
Oddometer: 107
Riding this Sat

I don't know the area much at all so any where that allows a little off pavement fun sounds good.

cavscout99 screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 08:13 PM
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #223
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 227
I can do paved and "gentle" gravel like the Montgomery ridge road. The ride to Enterprise sounds nice. I am however wary of wet and muddy off road conditions because of all the recent rains and my knee still being in rehab mode.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
I'm sure we will hit snow at higher elevations. We can ride the canyons that come out of the Blues towards Asotin Creek and the Snake.

The lower part of Craig Mt. is probably open.

We can also go to Elk River and take the road to Dent and on down to Orofino.

There are also lots of roads on the breaks over the Clearwater going to Orofino.

We could also go from Troy OR. and ride up the river or go up on top towards Enterprise.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #224
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Palouse
Oddometer: 227
Anywhere actually. A mix of pavement and off-road. Similar to what we did on Montgomery ridge road. And a good place to stop and have lunch in the middle of the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
So I can't read a calendar, hmmm, where do you want to go?
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #225
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
I can do paved and "gentle" gravel like the Montgomery ridge road. The ride to Enterprise sounds nice. I am however wary of wet and muddy off road conditions because of all the recent rains and my knee still being in rehab mode.

I know where you can ride some railroad tracks.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014