ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #241
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Beautiful mini ride today. Especially the roads along the canyons, nice green hue on the canyon walls. After we parted ways at Julieatta,I took 99 to Troy and then 8 to Pullman. I ran into a little bit of hail outside Troy going towards Moscow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
Depends, what you mean by that.

Anyway, restlessrider came by at noon just after I got up and forced me to go riding a little, out over the top to Lapwai, up Tom Beale rd, checked out the shooting range I helped build, over to Cottonwood creek, Cherry lane bridge, McGarry rd and back to 95 and home for me. Very glad we had the Gerbings to heat up with, a very cold day.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #242
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108

Good ride today, cold but fun. Thanks to sorebutt for showing me around.
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #243
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

The weather is supposed to be clear tomorrow. Anyone interested in riding?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #244
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,757
You guys missed a good ride. The weather was a little cool, well maybe cold at times, but it was sunny. We rode around several snow storms and through a couple of small ones. The roads for the most part were in good shape. We did get into snow a couple of times and had to turn around the last time when we both spun out. We did a couple hundred miles and saw lots of game.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #245
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
The weather is supposed to be clear tomorrow. Anyone interested in riding?

No, but I will be ready with hot chocolate if needed.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #246
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Asotin Creek

I am going to run up Asotin Creek Road and try to go across Cold Springs Road, depends on amount of snow on road, and come back on Peola Road today. Leaving at 1:00. If your interested in going, meet at the old Asotin boat ramp. A large parking lot next to the football field in Asotin at 1:00.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #247
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnseker View Post
I am going to run up Asotin Creek Road and try to go across Cold Springs Road, depends on amount of snow on road, and come back on Peola Road today. Leaving at 1:00. If your interested in going, meet at the old Asotin boat ramp. A large parking lot next to the football field in Asotin at 1:00.
You won't make it. The gate is still closed on both forks of Asotin Creek about 14 miles from Asotin. We were up there yesterday. Also there was an inch or two of fresh snow at Anatone.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #248
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
You won't make it. The gate is still closed on both forks of Asotin Creek about 14 miles from Asotin. We were up there yesterday. Also there was an inch or two of fresh snow at Anatone.
Crap. Ok, thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll ride up the Snake and then up Joseph Creek Road. Probably won't make it up very far until I hit snow there also. There weather should be nice along the river. Still leave at 1:00 if anyone wants to join me.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #249
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

All it takes is a shady draw or corner and there is snow. There was even snow on shady places on the Montgomery Ridge Rd. I checked the snow information maps and there is still 3-6 feet of snow on the main ridge between Pomeroy and Anatone.

Check out cavscout99's track from yesterday. The roads were in good shape with little mud and was a good ride. We made loops and in 200 miles we didn't ride more than 10 miles of the same road. It was 28-31 degrees on top. I have an electric jacket and grips. cavscount99 is just tough.

It is that time of year when we get some sunny days and want to get out and ride, but it is still only March.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #250
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
All it takes is a shady draw or corner and there is snow. There was even snow on shady places on the Montgomery Ridge Rd. I checked the snow information maps and there is still 3-6 feet of snow on the main ridge between Pomeroy and Anatone.

Check out cavscout99's track from yesterday. The roads were in good shape with little mud and was a good ride. We made loops and in 200 miles we didn't ride more than 10 miles of the same road. It was 28-31 degrees on top. I have an electric jacket and grips. cavscount99 is just tough.

It is that time of year when we get some sunny days and want to get out and ride, but it is still only March.
Thanks for the info. Wish I could have rode with you guys yesterday. My 89 year old mother wasn't feeling well and I needed to stick around town. My sister is on standby today so I need to get out and ride today.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #251
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry, that is kind of late for me. I need to finish some mundane chores in the afternoon.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #252
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Crap. Ok, thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll ride up the Snake and then up Joseph Creek Road. Probably won't make it up very far until I hit snow there also. There weather should be nice along the river. Still leave at 1:00 if anyone wants to join me.
Its going to take a couple of weeks of nice weather to get from Joseph Creek to Buckhorn lookout. About six miles from where the road leaves Joseph Creek there is a large sheet of ice as far as you can see up the road. There isn't any atv or 4x4 tracks coming down so I assume there is plenty of snow up above.

It was a beautiful ride as far as I did get. Feeling grateful.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #253
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

I did a 150 mile loop today, mostly on pavement. I paid a visit to the Almota dam today and crossed it, felt elated, the gaurd even gave me a thumbs up . I then rode Lower Deadman road to 127, then 127 to 26, 26 to Colfax, Colfax to Pullman via Albion. Look forward to the ride next
weekend to Starbuck.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #254
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Can you post tracks or more provide more information on the routes? It will be useful for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout99 View Post

Good ride today, cold but fun. Thanks to sorebutt for showing me around.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #255
avodude1
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Kirkwood Ranch

Anyone ever ride down to the Kirkwood Ranch on the Snake River, Idaho side, Hells Canyon, from the top? I see video and photos of ATVs making the trip. Is it open to just anyone or is there permission needed from private landowners to make that trip? I'm sure there is too much snow on top, right now, but would make a cool ride in a couple of months.

Here's a link to an ATV ride down there:

http://atvdude.com/kirkwood-ranch-atv-ride/

Thanks,

Brooks
avodude1 is offline   Reply With Quote